3 people are viewing this hotel
Hotels.com$160
Priceline$160
Prestigia.com$179
3,779 results
All reviews the executive lounge orchard road diamond member rooftop pool ion orchard an upgrade business trip breakfast buffet is late check shopping gym concierge mrt staycation bathtub
Selected filters
Reviewed September 19, 2011

I stayed at Hilton Hotel from 7 Sept to 10 Sept 2011. This was my first stay at Hilton Hotel Singapore, as I normally stayed at another hotel one block away. What a nice surprise. The service was immaculate, room was clean and all the staffs smile every time I look at one of their faces. They made my stay at Hilton Hotel such a pleasant and comfortable experience. I have booked to go back there again end of November. I am so looking forward to my next trip. The only problem I had while staying at Hilton Hotel was that it could be quite noisy as my room was facing the main road. Other than that I couldn't find another fault in my stay.

Room tip: A great location for shoppers and there are so many restaurants and cafes next to the hotel.
Date of stay: September 2011
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
HiltonSingapore, General Manager at Hilton Singapore, responded to this reviewResponded September 22, 2011

Dear Elizabeth L,

Thank you for staying at Hilton Singapore and for taking time to share your views about the hotel.

I am delighted that you enjoyed a comfortable and pleasant stay with us. In particular, I was very happy you appreciated our clean room and our staff. I will definitely share your feedback with the team. Regarding your comments on the noise, we will be in touch with you to ensure that you will be allocated a room that meets your preference.

Thank you once again and we look forward to welcoming back this November.

Reviewed September 18, 2011

Very good, and expensive. Friendly staff, good location. Recommended. Maybe a bit small rooftop pool, but still a pleasant one. (more later...).

Room tip: Pleasant hotel. Expensive.
Date of stay: April 2011
  • Trip type: Traveled on business

Dear ScandiCouple,

Thank you for your recent feedback.

I am glad to hear you are happy with your stay at Hilton Singapore especially our location, friendly staff and the rooftop pool. All of us in the team aim to exceed guest’s expectations and I will definitely share with them your kind words.

Thank you again and I look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed September 12, 2011

Staff is very helpful with directions and the hotel is a perfect location, couple of blocks away from main shopping attractions, a block away from the bus stop. close enough to walk/jog to the botanical garden. Cab to sentosa was SGD30 and it was worth it for us because the # of passengers and baggages instead of taking the sentosa bus from the marriot. King bed is huge and very roomy, the room we got is not cramped as the other pictures of hotel rooms in the area. Our choice of hotel, made our stay in singapore, very stress free, delightful and memorable.

Date of stay: January 2011
  • Trip type: Traveled with family

Dear mikprittie,

Thank you for staying at Hilton Singapore and for taking time to share your experience on TripAdvisor.

I am delighted you found your stay stress free, delightful and memorable. In particular, I am happy you liked our bed, guestroom and location. We are working hard to improve our service standards for all guests and your feedback is certainly encouraging. Thank you.

I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to Hilton Singapore soon!

Reviewed September 11, 2011

This hotel has most of the things I expected, except a decent pricing. Why would I spend more for something I could have received from other hotels on orchid?

Despite the $, I had a pleasant stays of 3 nights before heading to another country.

Date of stay: May 2011

Dear Joshua N,

Thank you for staying at Hilton Singapore and I appreciate the feedback on the hotel.

I am glad you had a pleasant stay with us. All of us at the hotel aim to exceed our guest’s expectations and to deliver excellence in hospitality.

Thank you and we all look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed September 7, 2011

I stayed at the Hilton Singapore recently for a 3-day weekend. I chose the hotel primarily for its location along Orchard Road and also for the attractive room rate it offered. For shopaholics, the entire avenue where the Hilton and many other hotels are located is absolutely retail heaven. Beware though because Singapore has become a very expensive city to go shopping particularly for branded items.
This Hilton is definitely showing signs of age but it is visibly well-maintained. The lobby and other public areas are not as spacious as the other deluxe hotels in Singapore so it can feel a bit crowded. The coffee shop in the lobby where breakfast is served can fill up quite fast so guests may need to queue specially during peak breakfast time. Expect typical breakfast buffet fare, with a variety of hot & cold items on offer. I felt that the breakfast was uninspiring but found no real reason to gripe as it was substantial & filling nonetheless.
The standard room given to me appears to be recently renovated. Although the bathroom looked a bit dated, I was completely satisfied with the in-room amenities and level of comfort offered by the room. Guests should be mindful though to triple lock the door anytime you are inside the room. I have barely settled into my room when to my horror a housekeeping staff entered my room WITHOUT knocking (the room had no door bell) to deliver a can of potato chips for the minibar. I had no clothes on when the housekeeping staff entered as I was about to take a shower. I was fuming mad at this intrusion and I shouted at the staff to leave my room at once...but she just stood there telling me that she merely wanted to deliver a can of chips....no apologies were offered! I did manage to shove her out of my room and after that I quickly donned the robe and stepped outside to speak to her. She was still there outside my room holding the can of chips. I told her that common decency dictates that people should knock first before entering any room that is not theirs. Housekeeping staff working in hotels must also announce their presence before entering a room by loudly saying "Housekeeping!" To make matters worse, the staff barely spoke English so I was not even sure if she understood me.
So I decided to call the attention of the Manager on duty. He met up with me afterwards and was apologetic. He seemed to understand the embarrassment I felt and offered his apologies. Since I was satisfied with the action taken, I put the incident behind me and managed to enjoy the rest of my stay in Singapore.

Date of stay: September 2011
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank R_D_P_Manila
HiltonSingapore, General Manager at Hilton Singapore, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2011

Dear RPaderna,

Thank you for staying with us. I am glad to hear you find our room and amenities satisfactory.

I was disappointed to learn about our service shortfall and I apologise for the inconvenience this has caused you. Thank you for your feedback. We have used your comments constructively and have conducted refresher training for our housekeeping team members to ensure such instances do not repeat.

Thank you again for your comments. We will use them to support and improve our service at the hotel.