3 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Booking.com$140
Hotels.com$140
Trip.com$139
Priceline$140
Orbitz.com$140
CheapTickets$140
3,787 results
All reviews the executive lounge orchard road diamond member rooftop pool ion orchard an upgrade business trip breakfast buffet is late check shopping gym concierge mrt staycation bathtub
Selected filters
Reviewed September 11, 2011

This hotel has most of the things I expected, except a decent pricing. Why would I spend more for something I could have received from other hotels on orchid?

Despite the $, I had a pleasant stays of 3 nights before heading to another country.

Date of stay: May 2011
HiltonSingapore, General Manager at Hilton Singapore, responded to this reviewResponded September 22, 2011

Dear Joshua N,

Thank you for staying at Hilton Singapore and I appreciate the feedback on the hotel.

I am glad you had a pleasant stay with us. All of us at the hotel aim to exceed our guest’s expectations and to deliver excellence in hospitality.

Thank you and we all look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed September 7, 2011

I stayed at the Hilton Singapore recently for a 3-day weekend. I chose the hotel primarily for its location along Orchard Road and also for the attractive room rate it offered. For shopaholics, the entire avenue where the Hilton and many other hotels are located is absolutely retail heaven. Beware though because Singapore has become a very expensive city to go shopping particularly for branded items.
This Hilton is definitely showing signs of age but it is visibly well-maintained. The lobby and other public areas are not as spacious as the other deluxe hotels in Singapore so it can feel a bit crowded. The coffee shop in the lobby where breakfast is served can fill up quite fast so guests may need to queue specially during peak breakfast time. Expect typical breakfast buffet fare, with a variety of hot & cold items on offer. I felt that the breakfast was uninspiring but found no real reason to gripe as it was substantial & filling nonetheless.
The standard room given to me appears to be recently renovated. Although the bathroom looked a bit dated, I was completely satisfied with the in-room amenities and level of comfort offered by the room. Guests should be mindful though to triple lock the door anytime you are inside the room. I have barely settled into my room when to my horror a housekeeping staff entered my room WITHOUT knocking (the room had no door bell) to deliver a can of potato chips for the minibar. I had no clothes on when the housekeeping staff entered as I was about to take a shower. I was fuming mad at this intrusion and I shouted at the staff to leave my room at once...but she just stood there telling me that she merely wanted to deliver a can of chips....no apologies were offered! I did manage to shove her out of my room and after that I quickly donned the robe and stepped outside to speak to her. She was still there outside my room holding the can of chips. I told her that common decency dictates that people should knock first before entering any room that is not theirs. Housekeeping staff working in hotels must also announce their presence before entering a room by loudly saying "Housekeeping!" To make matters worse, the staff barely spoke English so I was not even sure if she understood me.
So I decided to call the attention of the Manager on duty. He met up with me afterwards and was apologetic. He seemed to understand the embarrassment I felt and offered his apologies. Since I was satisfied with the action taken, I put the incident behind me and managed to enjoy the rest of my stay in Singapore.

Date of stay: September 2011
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank R_D_P_Manila
HiltonSingapore, General Manager at Hilton Singapore, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2011

Dear RPaderna,

Thank you for staying with us. I am glad to hear you find our room and amenities satisfactory.

I was disappointed to learn about our service shortfall and I apologise for the inconvenience this has caused you. Thank you for your feedback. We have used your comments constructively and have conducted refresher training for our housekeeping team members to ensure such instances do not repeat.

Thank you again for your comments. We will use them to support and improve our service at the hotel.

Reviewed September 3, 2011

Best area in Singapore.Next to many shoppingcenters.Great restaurants on Orchard Road.
Try a rickshaw at nighttime.Go to Sentosa Island.Singapore Zoo

Date of stay: October 2010
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 1, 2011

I was on business, but traveling with my spouse. This hotel is right in the middle of the shopping and entertainment area and quick to get to the business area. So it satisfied all requirements.

I use the Hilton chain quite a bit, so it's very pleasant to be greeted at the front desk as a valued guest. The front desk was especially friendly.

The rooms were up to date and with the usual amenities you'd expect from a top hotel. The breakfast, which was included in the room rate, was very good - a buffet, with lots of selection for everyone's taste. For the rest of our meals we ate outside of the hotel.

I'd certainly come back on my next trip.

Date of stay: November 2010
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Dear boboakville,

Thank you for your positive comments.

I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us, especially the room, breakfast and location. All of us at the hotel aim to exceed our guest’s expectations and I will definitely share your kind words with our team members at Front Desk.

Thank you again and I look forward to welcoming you back to Hilton Singapore.

Reviewed August 29, 2011

My wife stayed here for one night on the way from Sydney to London, and two nights on the way back. The staff were fine, the food was good, the room very good.
The Club Area is mainly for business men so if you are a sole female traveller do not expect them to talk to you.
The biggest disappointment was the pool. IShe had especially picked this hotel as the pool looks good on the web site - on the roof with good views. The pool is certainly nice and after a hard days travel, shopping or sight seeing Ishe looked forward to a refreshing dip. Two of the three nights the pool was out of bounds for private functions. If you are going to advertise a pool then it should be available for all guests - certianly set aside a part of it for private functions but otherwise it is false advertising.
We don't think we will stay here again. This has really put her off.

Date of stay: August 2011
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
5  Thank wizardoldman
HiltonSingapore, General Manager at Hilton Singapore, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2011

Dear welshwizardCanberra,

Thank you for staying with us, and I appreciate the feedback on the hotel. I am delighted to hear you find our room, staff and food satisfactory.

I apologize that your wife wasn’t able to use the swimming during her stay. Our pool is opened daily from 7am to 8pm. Unfortunately during her stay the pool had to be closed early at 6pm for private functions.

We are working hard to improve our service standards for all guests and will take your comments into account for future events by the poolside.

Once again thank you and I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back soon!

Regards,