My family had to move from another Hotel to this Hotel as the Hotel we were staying in was full. The Reception was friendly and helpful. I guess it was a busy season in Singapore and we were given a twin bed room although I was with my wife and young child.
When we went for breakfast, the restaurant was so crowded and it was obvious that that staff were not in control. Our request for a baby chair fell on deaf ears. When we asked the counter girl what time would be an ideal time to come back, she replied curtly "How would I know"
That night we ordered room service - a Indian vegetarian meal. This came after 35 minutes. The meal consisted of white rice, dhal, palak panner, yoghurt and papads.
The rice was undercooked and dry, the dhal had turned sour, the yoghurt was not thick and was runny. It was an insult to us. In India, we serve our beggars better food.
We had to call the Manager. Mr Siva was on duty and came up promptly. We were very angry and all we wanted was for him to see the quality of the food so that we could go out to the many restaurants nearby for a decent meal.
But this gentleman would not let me have it my way. He did not give up and patiently asked us to give him a chance to get things right. When he mentioned that he is not going to have his dinner unless we have him a chance to get it right, we relented. It was obvious that he was genuine and he assured us that the meal will be up in 20 minutes.
This time the meal was amazing - Briyani rice, vegetable curry, pickles, proper good quality yoghurt and crisp papads. Mr Siva personally brought up the meals and a call was made about 30 miniutes later to check if we were truly satisfied.
Now this is what I call service. The next day when we went for breakfast, the treatment and attention we received was good. It was obvious that our comments and feedback were taken seriously.
But it should not have come to this stage in the first place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Within close proximity to Singapore's Central Business District and adjacent to the ethnic quarter of Little India, the hotel is a 2-minute stroll from Farrer Park MRT station. Tastefully furnished, it is ideal for both business and leisure travelers. Soothe away frazzled nerves in the hotel's spa while the brasserie and restaurant offer sumptuous dining experiences with a wide array of culinary specialties. Enjoy the entertainment in the bar and lounge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Pan Pacific Hotels Group, Ctrip TA, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Expedia, Travelocity, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, HotelQuickly, Hotwire and Evoline ltd so you can book your PARKROYAL on Kitchener Road reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Parkroyal On Kitchener Road Hotel Singapore
- Parkroyal On Kitchener Road Singapore
- New Park Hotel Singapore