Stayed at this hotel last week for 5nights....
here's the review....
1) The Hotel is situated opposite Ferrer Park station which saves a lot of travelling expense. Its just at a stone throw away distance.
2) Check in was prompt.
3) Mustafa is just next to this hotel which is a major advantage.it has a wide variety of products at a reasonable price.
4) There are many Indian restaurants located nearby...the best is Komala's for south Indian food...Jewel of India and Tandoori for North Indian.
5) The breakfast at the hotel is lavish...Its the best breakfast here...south indian spread,juices,cakes,omlletes u name it they have it....n it was not repetitive...damn good quality stuff.
6) The hotel is clean and quite well maintained....
7) The ground staff managing the luggage was very good...quite helpful...even if we wanted a cab or a umbrella(it was raining last week) they were really helpful.
8) There is a mall just opposite the Hotel its some city center mall it was quite good with a play area for kids and many shops.
9) The Location is the major advantage of this hotel...u feel at home as many indians mostly south indian people stay nearby....
Well these are just my experiences that I went through during my stay the case may not be applicable to all.
1) The room that was provided to us was on the 8th floor...the ac of the room was not working...
I called them twice after which their technician visited our room at midnight and behaved as if he fixed the ac....after half an hour again the same problem...again i call them but no response...
we somehow manage to pass that night....morning 1st thing i did is I went to the reception and gave them a blasting told dem change my room immediately....she told dnt worry i will give u another room....wasted 45min and got a new room....I was told room no.820 by the receptionist which was near the lift as I had requested for it as I had a infant along....later was given 830 which was far away from the lift.
I even saw the room card holder they had changed it from 820 to 830 with a white ink.
almost an hour got wasted in room transfer.
2) They don't have a direct line to the reception...if u want to talk to the reception u can't call dem from ur room...some customer service lady answers the call....she was disgusting....She kept on delaying the complaint that i above mentioned to which i had to personally walk down to the reception.
3) A small thing like ear buds was also not taken care of....i called dem for ear buds she said u will get it right away...n dat right away never came....lol.
4) The hotel has 1 bar which opens in the afternoon and charges a bomb...avoid dat place rather go out there are reasonable 1's nearby.
5)I never saw their staff smiling....only the 1 who greets at the counter for breakfast who seemed like a indian welcomed us with a smile....
6) there are a lot of bangladeshi people working in the nearby area....so every sunday they gather near the hotel...huge bunch of people....u dnt feel as if u have come to a foreign country,,,,the ambience gets disgraceful....avoid mustafa on weekends its super crowded.
7) South Indians working there have developed a kind of a different attitude...as if they don't belong to India....they show a lot of superiority and attitude....avoid much interaction with them....mind ur own business...(actually nothing to do with the hotel but u will find many such ppl nearby)
Still I would recommend this hotel....just take care of the above mentioned problems that i Faced....
The best part is the Ferrer Park Station,Mustafa n d Breakfast...cheers!!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Within close proximity to Singapore's Central Business District and adjacent to the ethnic quarter of Little India, the hotel is a 2-minute stroll from Farrer Park MRT station. Tastefully furnished, it is ideal for both business and leisure travelers. Soothe away frazzled nerves in the hotel's spa while the brasserie and restaurant offer sumptuous dining experiences with a wide array of culinary specialties. Enjoy the entertainment in the bar and lounge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Pan Pacific Hotels Group, Agoda, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Expedia, Ctrip TA, Cheap Tickets, Asiatravel.com Holdings, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Orbitz, Hotwire, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your PARKROYAL on Kitchener Road reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Parkroyal On Kitchener Road Hotel Singapore
- Parkroyal On Kitchener Road Singapore
- New Park Hotel Singapore