“More than we expected”

PARKROYAL on Kitchener Road
Ranked #107 of 317 Hotels in Singapore
Reviewed November 7, 2013

Our stay at the Parkroyal was largely determined by it's cost and location around Little India. We were impressed that it was a short walk to Farrer Park MTR, behind the Mustafa Centre, and across the road from another mall.
Our stay was in a Deluxe Room, which was indeed quite roomy and had a view across to the Singapore Flyer. The bed was a king size, and very comfortable, and we were able to get a great night's sleep each night. The room was clean and serviced regularly and the corridors had this really invigorating smell of lemongrass.
We took the chance to have a couple of swims in the pool, and that was quite a relaxing experience.
The desk staff were fantastic and the concierge Victor? was really helpful to us. He helped us check in for our flights and ensure our taxi to the airport arrived on time.
Honestly we commenced our stay with few preconceptions, but the thought that the hotel might be a little bland as we had stayed in some funky boutique hotels, but we were won over by the staff and their great attitudes and assistance.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Write a ReviewReviews (3,209)

Reviewed November 3, 2013

This hotel is in the best location in Singapore, The surrounding area have a lot of good food, shopping malls, MTR , plus Mustafa centre which is open 24 hrs. The Breakfast served is very good the spread is very special daily. The Checkin staff are very helpfull and the entire hotel staff makes there guest feel very important. The Rooms are very good and clean and layouts are very good, The Toilet which is most important is very good. The rates are very reasonable for the services offered like Pool, Gym, Bar etc. The most important thing is that you feel at home.

Room Tip: The best Hotel you can stay in Singapore at a very reasonable price. My Choice anytime will be Park...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank Mahesh G
Reviewed October 30, 2013

This Hotel really blew my mind. I have stayed in many Hotels around the world and this one is definitely in my top favorites! The Hotel architecture is just incredible. I absolutely love the pool area with the bird cage lounges and the greenery that surrounds the exterior and corridors when walking to your room. I did stay in June so I think not long after they opened, check in was a little slow but we were given welcome drinks which made it fine to wait as we sipped on the refreshing mocktail. Breakfast had endless choices, very impressive! Will definitely stay here on my return to Singapore.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank Tyler C
Reviewed October 29, 2013

The hotel is located just in front of 24x7 Mustafa with lot of Indian eateries around it.
Breakfast is good and rooms are also very spacious. Good hotel to stay for Indian tourist.
My family had a good time in staying in this hotel.
The rooms are vey clean with good linen quality.
My son enjoyed eating Dhosa ( may be at Sarvanna) just behind the hotel.
Good veg restaurants nearby,
Near to MRT railway station.
Can always recommend
The Lobby could have been better.
Staffs are good.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank santanubechem
Reviewed October 28, 2013

Our second stop at the Park Royal in a year and everything remains as good as it was last time. A couple of examples says it all, we returned late from a trip around 11.30pm my wife fancied a tea in our room but there was only powdered milk she went down to reception to see if she could get any fresh milk but as it was late they couldn't be sure they could get some, low and behold 5 mins later a knock at the door and a small jug of fresh milk, we also had our room stay extended by 4 hours with little complaint as we were flying out late.
Great hotel, great food, great staff and a great location. Last year our parting shot was that we couldn't ask for anymore from this hotel well we didn't but we got it. Thanks to all at Park Royal.
Karen and Peter, Halifax UK.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Petersthoughts
Reviewed October 24, 2013

I have just been back to the Park Royal on Kitchener Road a year after my first visit. This time I was paying (not a business trip) and I took my wife. We had a great stay and enjoyed the restaurant fare, the pool and the hotel's location in Little India. For anyone wanting a different, less touristy, place to stay in Singapore, try this hotel. If you want five star go somewhere else and pay more money but, if like me, you want good honest clean accommodation this is the place for you and yours.

The staff are friendly and helpful. It doesn't have the flashest decor or the latest gizmos, but has free WiFi and sufficient charge points in your room to sort out most modern electronic requirements. My only complaint is that the elevators are sometimes the slowest in creation!

For anyone wanting to go to New Delhi but who is a bit worried about the whole Indian thing, enjoy Little India in Singapore where you can get your Delhi experience without the Delhi belly! My wife and I made the most of the street restaurants and hawkers stalls right by the hotel and ate in these most nights of our six night stay. Everyone speaks some English as it is the common language for the various ethnic groups who make up Singapore's rich tapestry of life.

Once again I thoroughly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Grant B
Reviewed October 23, 2013

Had wonderful experience staying at this hotel.
The rooms are spacious and the best part of this hotel is the location with 5 min walking to Ferrar park MRT and behind Mustafa shopping center. You will fall all Indian restaurants around.

The staff was cordial and friendly and service was good.

Had a great experience and will definitely recommend even though the cost is on a higher side

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family