“Good stay”

Ranked #93 of 312 Hotels in Singapore
Durban, South Africa
“Good stay”
Reviewed June 11, 2013

This is a good hotel in a good location. About half an hour from airport, taxi there cost $25 and back $20. 24 hour Mustafa center is behind the hotel, City life mall across the road and the MRT station across the road, perfect location for shopping and easy to get around the city.

The room was a very decent size, you could comfortably fit 4 luggage bags and still have space. We were on the 18th floor and had an amazing view. We booked a club room so we got 4 pieces of laundry done and had access to the club lounge. The club lounge was decent, they served drinks and cocktail snacks from 6-7:30. The spirits are left out and you mix your own drinks. The snacks were good and replaced when finished. There is also a computer and a printer if you need it. The 18th-21st floors have their own lift, which is good so you don’t need to use the other lift and keep stopping at the floors below.

Breakfast was very good with lots of western, Indian and Chinese options. The egg station was busy but you only waited a few minutes.

The staff we encountered were all friendly.
I would recommend this hotel as it met all our requirements.

Room Tip: High floor rooms have a really amazing view.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Gary M, General Manager at PARKROYAL on Kitchener Road, responded to this review, June 11, 2013
Dear Suds44, I was very, very happy to read your feedback following your stay with us in May. It means a lot to everyone here to receive such positive comments across the board. Thank you for your recommendation. Kind regards, Gary Moran.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (677)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed June 10, 2013

The hotel is located just near Mustafa 24 hrs Shopping Center and the best option for a stay in Little India. The hotel is also opposite City Square Mall and the train station is is across the road. The Hotel's check in was quick and the rooms ok ok.... not big rooms but better than many other hotels. The breakfast was great serving both Veg and Non-Veg and catering to the Indian Tourists. Would definately recommend this place to friends!!!

Room Tip: Rooms on higher floors have great city view!!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank rachneebkk
Dear rachneebkk, it was a pleasure to read your review of the hotel, thank you for your very positive comments. I was particularly happy with your praise for our breakfast. Thanks again and all the best, Gary Moran.
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed June 9, 2013

We stayed for 5 days at Park Royal and really enjoyed our experience. The hotel is very well located and close to Indian restaurants. There had to adjust with the fact that they did not have rooms available with double beds (apparently our booking agent had goofed up) but they were able to adjust. There was an issue wherein the housekeeping person entered our room in midnight without knocking but the staff duly apologized for this intransigence. Would not mind staying at this hotel. However, would request the hotel to take care of these things.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dear avi_mehta, thank you for your very kind words as regards your stay with us earlier this month. I am delighted that you were happy with your stay but have also noted your comment as regards housekeeping. Please be assured that I will address this. Thanks again, Gary Moran.
Bengaluru, India
Reviewed June 8, 2013

This hotel is located very close to Little India with loads of outlets serving Indian food.
The hotel itself offers a complimentary Indian Buffet breakfast everyday.
The 24/7 shopping center Mustafa, is right at the backyard of the hotel. You could walk to it at any time of the day within 2-3 minutes. The hotel also offers a complimentary WiFi connectivity which is extremely handy.
The rooms are well maintained and decently spaced for 2-3 people. The bath area is pretty compact but well laid out. The hotel lobby is noisy during most parts of the day and might bother you if you have your rooms at the lower floors. We stayed on the 18th floor and it was as calm as possible except for a few noises from the hotel staff in the lobby.

Do not be surprised if your room's access card stops working on the day of your check-out even without intimation. A non working access card is an indication to you to check-out. The hotel staff need to handle this process differently.

Overall, a good place to stay with friends and family or even if you travel alone. No problems if you are looking around for Indian food and street shopping.

Room Tip: Rooms on the higher floors would be better
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Gary M, General Manager at PARKROYAL on Kitchener Road, responded to this review, June 9, 2013
Dear Arvind_Ramakrishnan, thank you for your positive comments regarding your stay with us earlier this month. It is good to read that you were very happy with the hotel and our location. I have noted your comment as regards the room key and will look into this. It is though linked to the hotel's 12noon check-out time on the day of departure so realistically this is unlikely to change. Of course, if a guest arranges a late departure, the key is re-programmed to reflect this. Thanks again, Gary Moran.
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed June 6, 2013

I stayed in your hotel at the club floor not very long ago. The service of the Club Floor is wonderful with the assistance of all the good people working there. But what i did not really like or got me anoid is when i was carrying 2 blueberry yoghurt out of the Lounge as i wanted to eat in my room. 1 of the people stopped me and saying that food is to be consumed in the Lounge and yoghurt is perishable food item, well i totally respected the person. But when i was waiting for the lift and i personally see that a Caucasian Lady and a younger lady, both of them were carrying around 6 yoghurts in their hand and NO BODY STOPPED THEM but said thank you to them. This is totally unexceptable as i felt is totally unfair. This Caucasian Lady must be somebody in the Hotel. I am too a guest and i am paying close to $280 per night, is not the 1st time but i have seen it happen in several occasion and as for me i am a frequent stayer at your hotel. Why i choose your hotel is mainly because of your people at the Club Lounge. My Company usually wants me to stay in Conrad, but people makes the difference comparing other reputable hotel.

Just a pointer to the Management, be fair to all guest. If you don't allow food out of the Lounge that stick to NO regardless the type of food. I am pretty sure other guest may i felt the same too.

Thank you and good job to the Club Lounge people.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Gary M, General Manager at PARKROYAL on Kitchener Road, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Dear Tony B, I was disappointed to read your comments as regards food being taken from our Club Lounge and I do understand your frustration. I have been assured that this was an isolated incident and that otherwise this is applied consistently. I was very happy to read your very positive feeback as regards the team in the Lounge. Many thanks for this. Regards, Gary Moran.
Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu, India
Reviewed June 4, 2013

I had booked two Superior rooms for my family of four through www.agoda.com and had also requested for interconnecting rooms. I have been staying in this property since 1993 when it was New Park hotel. This time when we checked in on 22nd May after returning from our cruise at about 4.30 pm, I had to wait at the front desk for more than 30 minutes as the staff was very slow in attending the two guests ahead of me in line one by one. When my turn came up, my request for interconnecting rooms was not honored stating non availability . Therefore I had to upgrade to deluxe rooms by paying S$30/night per room. We were allotted rooms 1424 and 1425. Rooms were of course neat as it seems they have made some renovations now. Bathrooms were neat with standard amenities.

Breakfast was good with good spread of Indian cuisine . I suggest there must be a usherer to allot tables according to number of persons as some tables meant for four people were occupied by a single person or two persons . This denied our chance of getting a suitable table and had to wait for a while.
On 23rd May when we went out in the morning for sightseeing we switched on the indicator 'Make up my room'. Unfortunately when we returned back around 4 pm, we found our rooms were not cleaned and made up by housekeeping staff. An hour later an housekeeping staff knocked the door disturbing our nap and asked whether the room can be cleaned . When I enquired why it was not cleaned in the morning itself, he replied he is the only person for the entire floor and hence it was delayed. I was surprised that such a big hotel is understaffed in housekeeping department.

Concierge was quite courteous and efficient this time when compared to my earlier experience in my previous stays.

Management should improve the reception counter staff efficiency to work swiftly without making the guests waiting to check in for a long time. Better to allott a separate counter for group check in.

This hotel is mainly preferred by Indian tourists due to its proximity to Little India , Indian cuisine and adjacent to Mustafa Shopping centre. The Kitchener Road post office located in the basement of hotel is helpful in buying our prepaid SIM cards.
If extra ordinary and impeccable service standards are expected , we have to turn to other 5 star properties only.

K S BALAMURUGAN , Coimbatore , India

Room Tip: Deluxe rooms are good.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Dear KSBKOVAI, thank you for your very detailed feedback, which I will share with my team. You make a number of very constructive comments which are much appreciated. Thank you for taking the time and trouble to share your thoughts. Kind regards, Gary Moran.
INDIA
Reviewed June 3, 2013

One of the best semi-luxury options for stay in the Serangoon area. I recommend this place for Indian families and business travelers who visit Singapore for shopping and food in their transit. The place is just next to the famous Mustafa center which is open 24Hrs and also close to numerous India food joints.
The breakfast is excellent and the staff is courteous.
Take the club room for added luxury experience.

Room Tip: Choose the High Floor Club room
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Gary M, General Manager at PARKROYAL on Kitchener Road, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
Dear Rajreviews, thank you for remembering to post your thoughts as regards your stay with us in Oct. I was very happy to read your comments, particularly relating to breakfast and the courteousness of the team. I do hope that we will see you again. Regards, Gary Moran.