“Great Stay”

PARKROYAL on Kitchener Road
Ranked #100 of 317 Hotels in Singapore
Reviewed May 24, 2013

The staff were very kind and helpful. Rooms were reasonable without being great. Pool area was lovely. We did not opt for breakfast but shopping centre nearby cache rest for all you could want and there was a fridge in the room Wifi was also great and free of charge from your room. All in all a positive experience and price very reasonable for Singapore.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank candydublin
Gary M, General Manager at PARKROYAL on Kitchener Road, responded to this reviewResponded May 25, 2013

Dear candydublin, I was delighted to read your very kind words as regards your stay with us back in June of last year. It is very nice to know that you had such an enjoyable experience here in Singapore. I have to say that my wife and I had a wonderful few days in Dublin a couple of years ago - a great city!! Regards, Gary Moran.

Write a ReviewReviews (3,125)

Reviewed May 23, 2013

Park Royal is a very good property amidst the Little India. Little India as the name suggests is filled with Indian Restaurants, Shops, Temples and people especially from tamilnadu will get a homely feeling. A stones throw from the 24hr shopping mall Mustafa and Niranjan electronic shop. Very good breakfast with lot of Indian dishes and free wifi at the rooms make your stay more comfortable. Very Close to the subway station and big malls. Big rooms with Executive tables and kingsize beds.

Room Tip: Choose a higher floor to avoid noise.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

Dear Visvakumar G, thank you for your very positive feedback following your family stay with us in March. I am particularly happy that you enjoyed our breakfast offering and took advantage of the free WiFi. Thanks again, Gary Moran.

Reviewed May 19, 2013

Stayed at PRKR in March for a week in the Family room. Gr8 hotel, gr8 service n excellent location. Did not give 5 stars cos had to wait for 4 hrs to get my room that too after pleading that my kids are exhausted from traveling. The hotel off-set my frustration by giving me a late chk-out :-) but I have read previous reviews that this is a perineal issue at PRKR.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Gary M, General Manager at PARKROYAL on Kitchener Road, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2013

Dear Lalit R, I was very happy to read your review, particularly 'Gr8 hotel, gr8 service n excellent location'!!. Thank you very much for this. I do not know the specifics in terms of your arrival time to be able to fully comment on your check-in. As with pretty much all hotels, our check-in time is 2pm, largely because check-out time is12noon. Many flights do arrive in to Singapore much earlier in the day so we do have a number of guests who ask for early check-in. We are a very busy hotel so it is often the case that we simply do not have rooms available in the morning, we have to wait until other guests depart, which of course can be as late as 12noon. As these rooms become available and are serviced ready for the next guests we do of course give priority to guests who have paid extra for an early check-in. To be honest this is the best way to make sure that a room is available upon arrival. I wish we could let everyone check-in upon arrival but we are simply too popular a hotel to always have rooms ready in this way. Kind regards, Gary Moran.

Reviewed May 17, 2013

When i told a friend that i am going to stay in Park Royal during my visit to Singapore, he told me that hotel is full of Indians and you will not miss much.
Indeed you can find people from all states of India residing in this hotel, which is not a budget hotel but a star catagory hotel. Security is good, only the luggage policy is not what we are used to in India, luggage is delivered to your floor when you arrive and when you are leaving you got bring down your own luggage.
Since the driveway and the lobby or at a different level, they have provided a conveyor for transporting the luggage, loading and unloading to the conveyor is a task, and if you have heavy suitcases, ensure your back is strong.
Breakfast is when you are practically playing the game of Maze, with various items distributed across the room, unless you stay for couple of days you might not get the hang of which item is where.
Location wise near a MRT station and bang next to the famous Mustafa stores in Little India, so that one doesnt have to lug baggage for a long way.

Room Tip: 6th floor is where many a facility like Gym, pool etc are there, it would be best to ask for rooms o...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family

Dear Srbezawada, thank you for your feedback. As you say, we are a very popular hotel with a great location and I am very happy that you chose to stay here for your visit to Singapore. I will have a look at the luggage situation you described to see if we can improve this. Thanks again, Gary Moran.

Reviewed May 14, 2013

We stayed at Parkroyal for 5 nights in May 2013.

Our check-in at the hotel was later than the standard 2 PM check-in time, hence we avoided the crowds which are typical in this property, which caters to a lot of tour groups from the sub-continent.

The hotel is located in Little India next to Mustafa and close to a lot of Indian restaurants. Travellers from other countries may find the huge number of guests in the lobby a little overwhelming at times, but if one ignores the crowded entrance (this is a 534-room property and is mostly full), then the rest of the property is relatively quiet and peaceful.

Our check-in and check-out was managed by Kristen, who was efficient and pleasant. We were upgraded to a Family Room on the 15th floor, which was very spacious and comfortable. Room service and concierge services were prompt. The housekeeping service was very good and the room always had a nice, fresh fragrance whenever we returned after our sightseeing trips.

The hotel is conveniently located off Serangoon Road and is very close to Farrer Park MRT station. We did not eat at any of the hotel's restaurants and hence do not have any views on the food here.

A special note of appreciation to Gary Moran and his team for their efforts!!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business

Dear Ronen26, thank you so much for you very positive review of the hotel following your recent stay. It is good of you to mention Kristen by name, I will ensure that she sees this. I am particularly happy that you noticed the fresh fragrance, this is something which we have recently introduced. All the best, Gary Moran.

Reviewed May 14, 2013

To me Singapore stood synonymous for uncompromising standards. A developed South Asian country that was completely different from its third world counterparts. After consuming a stale croissant at Night Safari and spoilt fruit juice at Sentosa Island, I feel Singapore seems to be getting closer to its third world neighbors.

Stayed five nights at this hotel and on the third night I noticed the sheets were replaced with a sheet that had a big red stain (see picture). I was so tired that night that I did not notice the stain until next morning. Clearly the person changing the sheets knew that the sheet was not washed properly but still went ahead and used it anyways. I thought this kind of lapse brings very harsh punishments in Singapore but maybe am wrong.

Off the five nights we got newspaper delivered only for one day. I may sound very picky here but for the equivalent of 200 US dollars I expect 4 star services. This place is located near Little India and needless to say is filled with Indian guests. If you are allergic to Indians then stay away! :) Yes we Indians do push and shove people and are generally rude. I got a room close to the elevator but it had average views, see photos. On the plus side if you are an Indian then there is plenty of Indian food options just outside the hotel. The Farrer Place MRT station is very close to the hotel also a big plus.

The breakfast in the hotel may not be worth the price and am happy I did not include it in my hotel stay package. Overall this hotel is okay and yes sometimes you might get stained sheets!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank smartyram

Dear smartyram, please allow me to apologise for the issues you highlighted in your review. I have of course passed your feedback to my team for investigation. I wish that we could have left you with a better impression and I hope that we may have the opportunity in the future to show you that your experience is not typical of the service we provide. Regards, Gary Moran.

Reviewed May 13, 2013

We stayed here for two nights on a stopover, the hotel is situated in The Little India area of Singapore and right across the road from a shopping mall which has a supermarket, pharmacy etc. The hotel was always very busy with tour/family groups so you can find yourself waiting at reception for a while so don't be in a hurry! The hotel is showing signs of age with areas of threadbare carpet in our room and patchy paintwork everywhere but all in all an ok place for a stopover.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Mitzime, thank you for sharing your thoughts as regards your recent stay. I note that you were with us for a quick stopover and overall things were ok for you. I would like to think that we may have the opportunity in the future to make a better impression on you. Regards, Gary Moran.