“Excellent Hotel to stay with Family”

PARKROYAL on Kitchener Road
Ranked #99 of 316 Hotels in Singapore
Reviewed May 8, 2013

This is really one of the best hotels that i have ever stay!!! A bit expensive though but this is what Singapore is all about. From Arrival till departure its all very good experience. The important is location and it is situated next to the Mustafa centre which is very popular among indian subcontinent people.

Room Tip: What ever you select is best!!!!!
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Gary M, General Manager at PARKROYAL on Kitchener Road, responded to this reviewResponded May 20, 2013

Dear alisag09, thank you very much for your very kind words as regards your recent family stay. You brightened up my afternoon!! All the best, Gary Moran.

There are newer reviews for PARKROYAL on Kitchener Road

Reviewed May 8, 2013

We did this as a one night stop over on the way to London. it is an old hotel that has been refurbed. It was Ok as we had a transfer deal to and from the airport, but not the best location
price wise it was part of a package deal. Clean and comfortable........

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank pptuck

Dear pptuck, thank you for taking the trouble to post your feedback. I wish we could have left you with a better impression than being ok but maybe we can do so on a future visit if the opportunity arises. Thanks again, Gary Moran.

Reviewed May 8, 2013

I keep visiting Singapore and last time I stayed in Park Royal near Little India was in 2006. I moved to other hotels during my next visits. This time I stayed at Park Royal and was quite pleased with facilities. Check in was smooth. Room was good, clean, well lit up and decent in size. Bathroom was clean. House keeping was good.

The hotel is located at an edge of Little India. Many good Indian restuarants nearby. Famous Mustafa store is next door.

Overall I was quite pleased with the hotel and will stay again.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank o_viren

Dear o_viren, it was a pleasure to read your recent review of the hotel. Thank you so much for your very positive feeback. It is very encouraging to read that we have improved so much since your last stay with us back in 2006.Thanks again, Gary Moran.

Reviewed May 8, 2013

We have booked the hotel thorough our associate in Singapore. Even though our booking should be for 4 nights from 20th April, our person committed a blunder and booked for 4 nights from 21st. The hotel refused to change the booking as they are made on confirmation basis and our associate has to pay again for a day 20th April again separately.

We reached hotel about 10.30 AM and we have requested for early checkin for at least one room so that we can dump our luggage go out. We told the receptionist that we are foregoing one full day on 25th. Eventhough we have booked for 5 days, we are going to stay only four days. For one day at least she should give us early checkin for at least one room. The receptionists were extra courteous and seemed to doing us a favour. I could understand the reason behind their smiles when they gave us 1 room key at 1 PM only. I understood that we should not expect any early check in. They are well trained NOT TO EXTEND ANY FAVOURS WITHOUT BEING RUDE. Other two keys they gave at 2.00 PM and 2.30PM only. We wasted almost half day. So please don’t expect any thing which is not in rule book.

I found that Singapore is not a like a country and it is like a big corporate whose sole aim is to maximize the benefit from a visitor.

The hotel is good and have no complaints on other aspects. Breakfast range is also good enough.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

Dear sbsreddy, thank you for sharing your thoughts on the hotel following your stay with us last month. It is disappointing to read that you feel we are 'rule book based'. From your experience I can see why you may feel this bit I do assure you that in the case of early check-ins for instance we do make every effort to accommodate this. Indeed you will see from other TripAdvisor posts that we do so on a regular basis but sometimes it is simply not possible. Thanks again, Gary Moran.

Reviewed May 8, 2013

I stayed between 4th may to 7th may 2013. I would like to share my comments with the good and the bad experience.

First the good experience : I had written to the GM Gary Moran before I checked in about my arrival as i wanted an early check in and they allotted 1 room at no extra cost around 9.30 am as we had small children and sick elderly ppl with us and we had booked 2 rooms.

The rooms were very clean , rather small for a deluxe level when compared to other deluxe rooms in other Hotels. The house keeping was prompt and good. the Buffet spread was good.

Next the Bad experience : as we waited for our pick up in the evening of 7th may there was heavy downpour and rain seeped in through the roof of the portico outside the main entrance and all of a sudden the roof caved in and part of fell on the ground hitting a HK staff who was cleaning out the rain water . Many people who were standing for the pick up to the airport could have been injured throwing in a lot of questions on the safety aspect that too in a country like Singapore which stands by the most strict safety regulations. This is a concern and they should immediately get the Buildings inspected for all the safety aspects.

Room Tip: Speak to the hotel staff on all aspects before booking the room there are u could be in for a surpri...
1  Thank raj1172

Dear raj1172, thank you very much for your feedback. I am delighted that you were happy with so many aspects of your stay and indeed that we were able to offer early check-in. I understand your concern as regards the incident on May 7th but please rest assured that the cause of this is now fully understood to us and preventative measures are in place to ensure that this will not happen again. Thanks again, Gary Moran.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

I had booked myself for 4 nights, solely on the merit of the location and due to easy availability of Indian cuisine. While checking in, I requested for a good room ,since I was staying for 4 nights, and I was assured of a good room on the higher floor,with a good view.When I checked in in the evening,the desk staff, had no clue, and allotted me a room on the 8th floor.( Thought it stated 8th,I believe, it was on the 4th/5th,floor .). The room had a connecting door, and we could hear the next doors children ,and has to call them on the intercom to request them to keep quiet. The next day, again I requested for a change of room, due to this,and was told, we will be informed,soon for the same ,but again, they soon forget about it,as soon as I left the desk. on the 3rd,day, I gave up hope.
The free breakfast room, is like a big Indian railway station. The coffee machine did not work on any of the day. No service of any kind on the tables, and staff kept on reminding us since 10.30, that by 11 ,they will shut down. The food was the same all the 4 days, and my request for a simple french toast to the chef at the egg station was turned down firmly,
The silver lining was the swimming pool,and the gymnasium, which was quite large and good.
I asked for the general manager "MR.GARY MORAN" to address my concerns, one of the staff, told me to call the "hotel" and make an appointment !
For this amount ,I will rather stay in a good service hotel in orchard road, and travel to Little India for the food,rather than stay at this railway station.

1  Thank Gopalkhetan

Dear Gopalkhetan, thank you for sharing your feedback. I am disappointed with many of your comments, including the response you received when you asked for me. Please accept my apologies. I do assure you that I would have been very happy to meet with you. With this in mind, please feel free to contact me directly by email. I cannot include my email address on TripAdvisor but I can be contacted through the hotel. Kind regards, Gary Moran.

Reviewed May 4, 2013

Stayed in April 2013 with family for 4N/5D on 16th floor. Check in was superfast and room was quite spacious. Please opt for higher floors for fantastic view and easy commuting (as lifts get full during peak times and have to wait if you are between 8-16 floors)

Did not opt for breakfast so no comments on food. But have lots of options close by like Sarvana Bhavan, Ananda Bhavan, Kailash Parbat, Delhi Restaurant etc on Little India street, so absolutely no issues for breakfast and lunch/dinner.

Smokers have a place outside the hotel.

Shoppers - Enjoy Mutafa Centre and Serangoon Plaza closeby (2min from the hotel)

Since hotel is centrally located, all tourists places in Singapore would costs max 20-25SGD per way by taxi.

Hotel staff are very cooperative and promptly respond to all your needs on top priority. Hotel charge SGD 50/day as deposit for your stay which gets refunded if not used.

Rooms were clean and good.

Hotel has only one cartoon channel (sad one) and needs to put some international channels for kids. No children activities were observed at the hotel.

Beer and water is expensive so advisable to buy from shops nearby.

Room Tip: Opt for higher floors (>12 to 18) for excellent view.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank ritesh274
Gary M, General Manager at PARKROYAL on Kitchener Road, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2013

Dear ritesh274, I was very pleased to read your detailed feedback. Thank you for taking the time and trouble to share your thoughts. Clearly you were very happy with your stay with us although I have noted your comment as regards the TV channels. We are in fact meeting with our TV channel provider in a few days to review this. Thanks again, Gary Moran.