PARKROYAL on Kitchener Road
$258
$173
  • Restaurant
One Farrer Hotel & Spa(Singapore)(Great Value!)
$186
$163
Crowne Plaza Changi Airport(Singapore)(Great Value!)
$143
Shangri-La Hotel, Singapore(Singapore)
$297
$216
  • Pool
Park Hotel Clarke Quay(Singapore)(Great Value!)
$114
$92
Official Website
3,494 results
All reviewslittle indiacity square mallmustafa centreindian foodpark royal hotelorchid clubmany indian restaurantsfamous mustafafarrer park mrtearly checkbreakfast spreadcomfortable staysuperior roomconvenient locationclub roomshoppingproximity
Reviewed May 1, 2013

We stayed at Park Royal on a vacation end of April 2013. We felt it was great value for money because we got a great deal on Booking.com. We were supposed to stay for 9 days but unfortunately had to cut it down to 5 days because of a family emergancy back home. Since we had booked cancellable rooms in Booking.com, we did not lose any money, but we had to deal with Booking.com ( who were very helpful) and the hotel goes by what they say.
I have read very mixed reviews about this hotel before I travelled and I was a bit apprehensive. To my relief it was good in every aspect. Our rooms were on the 10th floor. We had two rooms and both were well done, spotlessly clean with comfy beds and good bathrooms. This is a standard tourist hotel which you encounter in many touristy cities in the world. It is very much on the expected lines and do not expect anything unique here. It is huge
in size with maybe more than 1000 people staying here so dont expect things to be very personalzed. But Singapore hotel rates are so high, I felt this was good value for money. Despite the crowd, the staff are very friendly . I did not find even a single staff unfriendly during my 5 days of stay. I found them very efficient and smiling always. Especially Bella at the front desk, who helped us in so many ways, since we had to cut short our stay. It is true that the front desk is always crowded and the wait can be a bit too much. Since we had an early flight to catch, we finished the formalities the previous evening itself.
The location was a plus for us. This is the heart of Little India and one may find it crowded/ scruffy OR vibrant depending on your taste! The Farrer Park MRT is just across the street and getting around is no problem at all. The Mustafa Supermarket is right behind. Even though the place looks a bit shoddy, there are stuff one can buy at good rates. Mustafa also has a 24 hour food counter where you can grab a quick pizza slice or something like that late at night..
The restaurants around this hotel are mostly Indian or local. So if you want something different you may have to go a bit afar. However in the mall opposite to the hotel there are some good restaurants which offers western breakfast, good coffee (coffee is always good in SG) and other western/ fusion food.
We did not eat breakfast at the hotel. I think it was a good decision becasue there are lots of cheaper options nearby. For Indian visitors there is Ananda Bhavan which is open 24 hours, couple of streets behind.
I read a comment about slow lifts but definiltely the lift to my floor was not slow at all. I guess it was some other set of lifts.
Did not visit the pool so no idea how that was. I could see the pool from my 10th floor room, and it was always almost empty.

If I am visiting Singapore again I will definitely stay here.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Vidya G
Gary M, General Manager at PARKROYAL on Kitchener Road, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2013

Dear Vidya G, I was so very happy to read your review of the hotel. Thank you for going into so much detail about pretty much every aspect of your stay. I was also very pleased to see you mention Bella by name and delighted that she took such good care of you. It is also nice to see that you are from Bangalore - I lived there before coming to Singapore and have very happy memories. Thanks again and I do hope that we will see you again. Regards, Gary Moran.

Reviewed April 30, 2013

We just had a family vacation with young child and stayed in ParkRoyal in kitchener Road. The location was very good and very close to MRT.
The over all service and room quality was satisfactory and we liked the orchard club room.
But it was 90% occupied by indians and seemed like traveling india.:)
The service was good but some staffs were little rude to us during breakfast.

Room Tip: Orchard club rooms are good.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank aytushar

Dear aytushar, thank you sharing your thoughts as regards your recent stay with us. I am pleased that you were happy with our location and the service you received. I will though pass your comments as regards breakfast to my Restaurant Manager. Thanks again, Gary Moran.

Reviewed April 30, 2013

We stopped at the Parkroyal enroute back to UK from Australia. The room we had was spacious and clean. The hotel is located in 'Little India' which was vibrant and colourful. The MRT (mass rapid transport or tube/underground) was just across the road and very easy to use, we went all over the city. We felt very safe walking around Singapore even at midnight. We'd stay here again on another stopover.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Gaynor100

Dear Gaynor100, I was delighted to read your feedback. Thank you very much for your very kind words as regards the hotel, our location and indeed Singapore. You are indeed right, Singapore is a very safe place. I do hope that you will get the opportunity to visit Singapore again and to stay with us again. Regards, Gary Moran.

Reviewed April 29, 2013

When we were landed in Singapore it was late and the way to Park Royal in Kitchener Road is a bit far away.. but then I had mushroom soup for my appetizer, and it was an upset-cooler for my day.. the bed is so comfy, the room is huge, located near everything cool for night out!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business

Dear Andindonesia, thank you very much for your very positive feedback as regards your stay with us in Dec. It seems that the mushroom soup was exactly what you needed when you arrived! Thanks again, Gary Moran.

Reviewed April 28, 2013

Travel agent booked us here on a stopover from Thailand to Australia and when we checked in they had allocated a smoking room for our family with a 6 and 9 year old... Go figure! Most staff were accommodating although not consistent particularly at the concierge and reception desk. When you call reception the phone is answered "yes"... Serious? Bathroom was dirty, beds ok, bugs on the floor so vacuum must have been broken on the 15th floor. Not an ideal location for what we wanted to do and Orchard Rd would be better but this is an issue with Flight Centre in Caringbah which will never be used again!

Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

Dear Michaela W, overall you seem disappointed with your recent stay with us. I am sorry to read this and please do accept my apologies for the issues you had. I will be sharing your feedback with my Housekeeper and Front Office Manager. Thank you for taking the time and trouble to post your thoughts. Regards, Gary Moran.