“poor service and no response”

PARKROYAL on Kitchener Road
Ranked #93 of 306 Hotels in Singapore
Singapore, Singapore
“poor service and no response”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2013

As am writing now, i am still staying at this hotel, luckily am checking out on 13 Mar 2013.

Made a call to service center to complain the room aircond is not functioning but nobody came.
The temperature was and still at 28C now.

Feedbacked through email yesterday and John Adam Guayco responded (EnquiryId#606886) but unfortunately its still not fixed when i return to my room today..guess its another sauna night here....

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Gary M, General Manager at PARKROYAL on Kitchener Road, responded to this review, March 12, 2013
Dear hequah7022, I had hoped to catch you before you checked out but just wanted to apologise for the lack of response to the air conditioning issue. My Chief Engineer has now visited the room and is correcting the problem but of course this is too late from your point of view. Again, please accept my apologies. I do hope that you will give us an opportunity to prove that this incident is not typical of the hotel. Regards, Gary Moran.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (650)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
scotland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2013

We stayed here twice, as a stopover on our way to and from Australia.
Would like to have longer than an overnighter. The rooms were large,very comfortable with a good shower room, and reasonably priced. All the staff were very friendly and helpful, and made us very welcome. The hotel is opposite a new shopping mall, which has many eateries, offering a wide range. And 2 minutes from another huge mall full of bargains. 20 minutes from the airport on the shuttle. We will stayh ere whenever we go to Singapore

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Gary M, General Manager at PARKROYAL on Kitchener Road, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
Thank you loiriston, I was so happy to read your review. I needed it to be honest. I am very happy with the hotel, the team and the service we provide and generally we receive very positive feedback through all channels. We have though just had a couple of other reviews with one or two examples where we have maybe not delivered the service we should have, which is always frustrating and disappointing. Reading such a fantastic review as yours is always very welcome and provides a great boost not just for me but for the rest of my team. It is a lovely reminder that we do run a very good hotel. Thanks again, Gary Moran.
New Delhi, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2013

It was a superb hotel but d service was very Very poor,staff dont listen n d room service is to slow but on d conterary it has a awesume location for indians as hardly 15 steps to mustafa,with nice swimming pool,nice reception and superb king size bed rooms,overall nice expirence with d hotel,just staff is not at all helpfull,very very rude and irresponcible,may b bcoz singaporians nature,taxi is easily available outside hotel..

Room Tip: just take a pool view side between 7 to 13 floor room its really nice..
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear ankush88, thank you for posting your feedback. I am very happy that in most respects you enjoyed your stay. I will though share your thoughts on room service with the appropriate members of my team. Thanks again, Gary Moran.
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2013

Worse hotel we ever stayed. Poor room service and poor reception. They didn't make the room until late. We need to call house keeping for 3 times before they came so its around an hour to come to our room.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Adhishesan V
Dear Adhishesan V, I was so disappointed reading your thoughts on the hotel. Please feel free to contact me directly to discuss this, I would genuinely like to know more. We are not perfect I know that, but we do run a very good hotel and your experience is certainly not typical. I am very sorry that you feel this way. Regards, Gary Moran.
Pune
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2013

This was the only decent hotel that I could find in Singapore that was close to Little India....Overall my experience was average but there were pros to this hotel and you can choose it based on pros or cons...my pros can be your cons or vice versa...

Pros

- Strategic Location ( Little India/ Mustafa)
- For someone loving Indian food - good food options around

Cons

a) No early check in policy - was quite surprised - Checkin took me close to 20 mins...
b) Middle Class Hotel - I couldnt find the ROI for the room price paid...comparing it with other hotels in Singapore
c) No Breakfast Buffet with room booking
d) Little Old Property - in general I did not get a feeling of a luxury Hotel
e) Not a great view
f) Neighbourhood and locality in general isnt clean

Room Tip: Pick higher floors
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Dear akshin2011, I was disappointed to read your thoughts on the hotel, particularly describing your experience as average. I am very sorry that we did not provide you with a better impression. In terms of some of the specifics, we do try to accommodate early arrivals but quite often this is simply not possible due to high occupancy the night before. Like most other hotels in Singapore we do not generally include breakfast in our rates as we believe guests prefer to decide for themselves. Again, I am genuinely sorry that we did not meet your expectations but I do thank you for taking the time and trouble to share your feedback. Regards, Gary Moran.
Shah Alam, Malaysia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2013

Stayed here for a night at 20th floor. The check in experience was fast & accurate. I feel welcome. I stayed in Club floor. My room has a good view. It was quite spacious for a single occupied room. I love the room & setting. Love the view as well..

I had a problem to connect to the free wifi. But after some call it is settled. The room does not has so many channel to turn on. No local channel as well.

I had my breakfast at 19th floor. Compared to the ground floor reception its not as welcoming as the reception ground floor. Not many choice & too simple. I need to make my own tea or coffee. Its not what i expect from Club floor. The breakfast area has 3 staff.

Since i've stayed at the Club floor the price for the room for me quite expensive. If i were to travel with family this might not be my choice of hotel. Or probably i'm not going to stay at the Club floor compared to the service received.

The bathroom was simple but nice. No tooth brush but luckily i bring my own.

I have been told at the reception i can check in on the 19th floor. But it is not stated in the booking receipt. The hotel should had stated in the booking so that i dont waste my time checking in at the lobby.

The hotel is near to Mustafa Centre. Its just behind the hotel. This is a plus.

Pro's: Location! Mustafa centre.

Con's: Price vs service ?

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Timbermad
Dear Timbermad, thank you for posting your thoughts as regards your recent stay. It was very nice to read all your positive comments on different aspects of the hotel and our location. I will though look into those things which you were less happy with. I trust that these did not inconvenience you too much. Kind regards, Gary Moran.
Dhaka City, Bangladesh
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2013 via mobile

A good centrally located hotel. First day when i arrived I could not find toothbrush anywhere within the rooms. I was searching at least a good 2 mins in toilet and inside my room. When I called at midnight they said they will deliver and they did within around 5 minutes. I thought may be they forgot to put in and that was ok. I always have a habit to change my toothbrush whenever i travel and stay in hotel. I have a fright someone will do something to it. So i threw it before I left for work the second day. But again when i came back i had to call for toothbrush and it came later and i was very frustrated this time and came to conclusion Why the hotel did not put in a simple necessity for traveller? Not everyone travels with it. This is not the first time i visited SG and all other hotels I have stayed in provide one or two in ROOM. I paid around 300 SGD and yet i had to go to all the hassle to call and waited when you wanted to sleep.
Other than this incident staff was very friendly and accomodative. Room is clean and looks new. Breakfast was good. But again if you want to stay here next time be ready to pack ur own toothbrush or wait till it comes and end up u might fall assleep.

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank Hossainmale
Dear Hossainmale, thank you very much for your feedback. Overall it seems that you were very happy with the hotel but clearly the toothbrush issue was a frustration for you, which I do understand. I have now raised this with my team to ensure that we are quicker in our response to such requests. Thanks again, Gary Moran.