“Adhi”

PARKROYAL on Kitchener Road
Ranked #93 of 306 Hotels in Singapore
“Adhi”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2013

Worse hotel we ever stayed. Poor room service and poor reception. They didn't make the room until late. We need to call house keeping for 3 times before they came so its around an hour to come to our room.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Adhishesan V
Gary M, General Manager at PARKROYAL on Kitchener Road, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
Dear Adhishesan V, I was so disappointed reading your thoughts on the hotel. Please feel free to contact me directly to discuss this, I would genuinely like to know more. We are not perfect I know that, but we do run a very good hotel and your experience is certainly not typical. I am very sorry that you feel this way. Regards, Gary Moran.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (647)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Pune
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2013

This was the only decent hotel that I could find in Singapore that was close to Little India....Overall my experience was average but there were pros to this hotel and you can choose it based on pros or cons...my pros can be your cons or vice versa...

Pros

- Strategic Location ( Little India/ Mustafa)
- For someone loving Indian food - good food options around

Cons

a) No early check in policy - was quite surprised - Checkin took me close to 20 mins...
b) Middle Class Hotel - I couldnt find the ROI for the room price paid...comparing it with other hotels in Singapore
c) No Breakfast Buffet with room booking
d) Little Old Property - in general I did not get a feeling of a luxury Hotel
e) Not a great view
f) Neighbourhood and locality in general isnt clean

Room Tip: Pick higher floors
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Dear akshin2011, I was disappointed to read your thoughts on the hotel, particularly describing your experience as average. I am very sorry that we did not provide you with a better impression. In terms of some of the specifics, we do try to accommodate early arrivals but quite often this is simply not possible due to high occupancy the night before. Like most other hotels in Singapore we do not generally include breakfast in our rates as we believe guests prefer to decide for themselves. Again, I am genuinely sorry that we did not meet your expectations but I do thank you for taking the time and trouble to share your feedback. Regards, Gary Moran.
Shah Alam, Malaysia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2013

Stayed here for a night at 20th floor. The check in experience was fast & accurate. I feel welcome. I stayed in Club floor. My room has a good view. It was quite spacious for a single occupied room. I love the room & setting. Love the view as well..

I had a problem to connect to the free wifi. But after some call it is settled. The room does not has so many channel to turn on. No local channel as well.

I had my breakfast at 19th floor. Compared to the ground floor reception its not as welcoming as the reception ground floor. Not many choice & too simple. I need to make my own tea or coffee. Its not what i expect from Club floor. The breakfast area has 3 staff.

Since i've stayed at the Club floor the price for the room for me quite expensive. If i were to travel with family this might not be my choice of hotel. Or probably i'm not going to stay at the Club floor compared to the service received.

The bathroom was simple but nice. No tooth brush but luckily i bring my own.

I have been told at the reception i can check in on the 19th floor. But it is not stated in the booking receipt. The hotel should had stated in the booking so that i dont waste my time checking in at the lobby.

The hotel is near to Mustafa Centre. Its just behind the hotel. This is a plus.

Pro's: Location! Mustafa centre.

Con's: Price vs service ?

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Timbermad
Dear Timbermad, thank you for posting your thoughts as regards your recent stay. It was very nice to read all your positive comments on different aspects of the hotel and our location. I will though look into those things which you were less happy with. I trust that these did not inconvenience you too much. Kind regards, Gary Moran.
Dhaka City, Bangladesh
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2013 via mobile

A good centrally located hotel. First day when i arrived I could not find toothbrush anywhere within the rooms. I was searching at least a good 2 mins in toilet and inside my room. When I called at midnight they said they will deliver and they did within around 5 minutes. I thought may be they forgot to put in and that was ok. I always have a habit to change my toothbrush whenever i travel and stay in hotel. I have a fright someone will do something to it. So i threw it before I left for work the second day. But again when i came back i had to call for toothbrush and it came later and i was very frustrated this time and came to conclusion Why the hotel did not put in a simple necessity for traveller? Not everyone travels with it. This is not the first time i visited SG and all other hotels I have stayed in provide one or two in ROOM. I paid around 300 SGD and yet i had to go to all the hassle to call and waited when you wanted to sleep.
Other than this incident staff was very friendly and accomodative. Room is clean and looks new. Breakfast was good. But again if you want to stay here next time be ready to pack ur own toothbrush or wait till it comes and end up u might fall assleep.

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank Hossainmale
Dear Hossainmale, thank you very much for your feedback. Overall it seems that you were very happy with the hotel but clearly the toothbrush issue was a frustration for you, which I do understand. I have now raised this with my team to ensure that we are quicker in our response to such requests. Thanks again, Gary Moran.
Manama, Bahrain
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2013

The hotel is fantastic in all aspects.The hotel is located is in a very good location,the hotel has excellent rooms,the hotel has amazing amenities and even the buffet is too good.Even the hotel's service was quite good.All in all,PARKROYAL Hotel is an excellent hotel!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Gary M, General Manager at PARKROYAL on Kitchener Road, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
Dear GaneshKSalian, I was very happy indeed to read your review of the hotel. Thank you for your kind words and positive comments. Kind regards, Gary Moran.
Gurugram (Gurgaon), India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

I stayed in this hotel for 8 nights, checked in on 24-Sep (morning next to Singapore F1), reached hotel around 9 AM and requested for an early check-in and they did oblige.

The best part about the hotel is its location, its right next to Mustafa and has got tons of 24/7 eateries (predominantly Indian cuisine) around it, also has an MRT station right across the street.

Rooms are good and well maintained, room service has been great and so was the overall experience.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Dear sourabh 187, thank you for remembering to post your review of the hotel in respect of your family stay here in Sept last year. I am delighted that we were able to offer early check-in and that you were particularly happy with room service. I do hope that we will see you again. Regards, Gary Moran.
Perth, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

Left a couple of reviews in relation to hotels in Singapore on tripdvisor in the past and as a general theme I cant help but make comparisons with other Asian cities and I always struggle with whats on offer in terms of value for money.

I decided to give this hotel a "go primarily because of some of the reviews on tripadvisor and overall I wasn't disappointed.

The reception area of the hotel looks a little old and faded and my initial impression wasn't that favourable but once I got to my room (I opted for a deluxe room) I was feeling a lot happier with my choice.

In terms of reception there a few members of the team who need a refresher course at the local charm school. Housekeeping on the other hand was friendly and undertaken to a good standard.

The pool area is ok (its a bit utilitarian) but most importantly the water was clean and clear (one of my absolute hates is paying expensive hotel prices and the pool water looks a bit cloudy).

Location of the hotel is excellent being opposite the MTR.

Overall a good choice and happy to recommend.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank stirl0
Dear stirl0, thank you very much for posting your feedback as regards your stay here at the hotel in January. I note your observations about some aspects of reception but overall I am delighted that you were so happy with the hotel. It is also very interesting and pleasing to see that you chose the hotel because of our reviews on tripadvisor. I like this a lot!! Thanks again, Gary Moran.