“A luxurious hotel in an amazing location ..” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Naumi Hotel

Naumi Hotel
Ranked #19 of 308 Hotels in Singapore
Calgary, Canada
“A luxurious hotel in an amazing location ..”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2009

My wife and I stayed at this hotel for 5 wonderful nights in an Executive Patio Suite ..
The hotel was amazingly elegant and well-organized .. not cheap though .. but it's really worth it ..

The room is equipped with everything you might need, and what I liked the most was the fully equipped kitchenette, specially the espresso machine .. which had Nespresso capsules with it .. and of course, it was daily refreshed.

The lighting in the room was absolutely elegant and romantic .. the shower was refreshing .. the television was huge with many choices .. the telephone had an LCD screen with a phone book .. the patio was spacious with a table and two chairs (I haven't used it though) ..

The top floor where the swimming pool is has the best views of Singapore that you can get! You can see all the buildings in downtown ..

The staff of the hotel cannot be any more friendly and nice .. they were willing to assist me with anything that I needed .. even if it was none of their business ..

The breakfast buffet didn't have so much choices but it was good ..
I think the hotel would be better if it had a restaurant .. (they only have in-room dining and snacks on the top floor, and finally the breakfast buffet which is directly in the entrance of the hotel's lobby)

One of the things that I really appreciated was when I asked the room service about how I could get the SLH's 2009 directory (a huge book that has all SLH hotels around the world with details and pics) .. they told me that this was the only copy they had and I could not take it, not buy it ..
I asked them again about it upon check out .. and they had to check with the management and they finally gave it to me as a compliment .. that was really nice ..

One more amazing thing about the staff .. was when I checked out .. my flight was at night and I checked out like 6 hours before .. they were really happy to keep my 6-pieces luggage at their safe room .. not only that, but they also kept some chocolate that I had bought in the fridge!

If you want to spend a lot of money on an amazing meal .. there is a French restaurant just 1 minute walking from the hotel .. it's super delicious .. but I paid 560 Singapore Dollars .. the restaurant is called Gunther's (the chef is an award winning!)

The Marina Square Mall, Suntec City Mall, Singapore Flyer, Esplanade and many other places are within a walking distance ..

I have nothing to mention as a disadvantage about this hotel except for two tiny things ..

Number one is, there seems to be a problem with the hotel's insulation .. as we could hear anyone walking in the hallway and we could also hear the water running in the pipes inside the walls! I find this to be something that such a hotel can overcome!

Number two is, the house keeping .. they came everyday and did their job perfectly .. except for that they had come for 4 times and didn't refresh the amenities at all .. for 4 days! They only did so when I called them and asked for more shampoo / bath gel ... etc.!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank URDeAD747
Naumi-Team, Hotel Manager at Naumi Hotel, responded to this review, November 8, 2009
Hi there URDeAD747

Heaps of thanks for your time on the review as clearly you made effort to be very informative & detailed.

It was a sheer delight to read your mention & I am glad that you had an enjoyable stay with us & that you were able to appreciate the facilities as well as service provided by the team.

To make your stay a wonderful one is truly our business.

I will certainly look into the housekeeping comment to ensure it does not repeat.

On behalf of the Naumi Team, I wish you the best & see you back soon.

Hament

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (352)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2009

I stayed here for a nite in Sep 2009.
I arrived in Singapore very early, something like 8am and they kindly provided me the room right away, I have to give two thumbs up for that. Check In process was fast and painless, which was good for me because I was still so sleepy from the overnite flight.

Room size was good, the room price was inclusive of mini bar and coffee (which was from espresso machine by Nespresso) and some welcome cookies. Wifi access is also inclusive, which makes everything seems more convenient.
Hotel toiletries are from Kiehl, which was pretty good. However, the hotel's towels are pretty rough, which I found it strange, they should put attention to this detail as well.

They do have a very very tiny gym room and yoga room, at most 2 people can work out in each room comfortably. More than that will be quite cramp.

The pool is located on the top of the building, since this is a boutique hotel, don't expect a lap pool. Nonetheless, the pool length is not too shabby, you can't exercise in it, but you definitely can swim few strokes inside. Or alternatively, go up to the pool area in the nite time just to have a drink and lie down on the lounge chair, the view from the top at nite is pretty fab!

Check out process again was also very efficient.

• Liked — Pool view to the city at nite
  • Disliked — Rough towel
  • Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
      Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
4 Thank meringo
Naumi-Team, Hotel Manager at Naumi Hotel, responded to this review, October 27, 2009
Hello meringo.

Thank you for your support and your review.

Very glad to know that the fast & painless early check-in was appreciated. It was our pleasure.

We are delighted in knowing you found the amenities of the hotel convenient for your needs, especially the coffee, min-bar & wifi.

Very happy to know you liked my favourite spot, the rooftop pool. It is indeed a fabulous place to chill with a drink & enjoy the fantastic view.

See you back @ Naumi soon.

Bangkok, Thailand
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2009

Arriving at the hotel there is no entrance for taxis to drop you off, so they drop you off across the street and there no bell boy to with your luggage. The lobby of the hotel seemed to be bare and uninviting but overall check in was fast, but when brought up to our room it was not ready, not really a big problem but waiting for about 30 minutes can be a bit frustrating.

When we got into the our room, we found out that the extra bed we paid for was just a bed sheet and blanket on the in room sofa, which it self is hard. The other chair in the room although looks comfortable is surprisingly hard. The room seemed outdated wood floor was worn but overall decent size and bathroom was big, the bed is probably the best thing about it, very comfortable. Complimentary mini bar is drinks only, no alcohol or snacks as one previous person said, and even tough we paid for 3 persons we were only given 2 bottles of water. If you do use extra glass cups be sure to rinse it cause I don't think they wash them.

On our first night there there was a party on the roof top pool, not a big deal but the music was so so loud we could her it from the our room until about 1 AM, our TV was also broken, we called the front desk about 7 PM to tell them, it wasn't until about 10 PM until they got replacement that they put on the coffee table.

Some of the the towels in the bathroom had holes in them which I was not expecting considering the "luxury" status they claim. Amenities in the bathroom was good but they did not refill them, we had used half of the shampoo and bath gel and did not get replacements.

Breakfast was very minimal and on the last day ended up eating outside. The really nice thing about the hotel are the staff, very helpful and always smiling especially one of the waiters. Forgot his name but think he is of Indian decent and wears glasses, always has a smile on his face. They did offer to waive the extra $100/night for the extra person, but not until we complained.

Location is nice, not to far from the MRT and next to Raffles, but because Singapore can be hot, we ended up taking the taxi most of the time. Because its a fairly new hotel, not all the taxi's know the location, so just tell them the street.

In the end not at bad hotel, but definitely not "luxury" as they say and because of this stay we would not be back and probably wouldn't recommend it.

Be sure to check out the rooftop pool, amazing views at night.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with friends
3 Thank arkom
Dear arkom.

Thank you for your time & feedback.

I am sincerely sorry that we failed to meet expectations on the shortcomings highlighted. I have sent you an email apology & hope you'll find it in your heart to be forgiving.

We were happy to read that you the location to be convenient & the staff helpful and always smiling.

I really do hope that you will give us a second chance.

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2009

We spent three nights here on the first few nights of our honeymoon. It's not a traditional honeymoon hotel but we opted for it because of the reviews on this site.

When we arrived the whole check-in process was very slick and pretty quick. The room itself was superb with absolutely tons of gadgets and accessories. And spotless too. Our room (a deluxe room) had loads of space. Would have been great to have a balcony on reflection but that's where the pool comes in. The rooftop pool is amazing. Great views over the city and a perfect place to take a dip.

All in all a great hotel for a short stay in Singapore!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank GarethDouglas1979
Naumi-Team, Hotel Manager at Naumi Hotel, responded to this review, October 25, 2009
Hi Gareth.

Thank you for the 3 nights support @ Naumi.

It is indeed a pleasure to know that my team has kept up to mark ensuring your honeymoon stay was up to your expectations.

The front office staffs were overjoyed with your comment on the check-in process - 'slick & quick'.

I am happy to know that you enjoyed the rest of the facilities @ Naumi too and found it to be a great place to stay.

We do look forward to welcoming you back to Naumi.

Armidale
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2009

From the moment we walked in the front door we were made to feel special -- personally shown to our room -- Front desk staff went out of their way to help with any questions, directions and suggestions etc-- room was fabulous -- we had a patio suite -- which was certainly worth the expense -- loved the rooftop pool - only ever saw one other person up there-- I;ll be back again, but longer next time

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Hello bigteddy from Armidale.

Thank you for your time with your very generous feedback.

I was absolutely overjoyed to read your review & my team's success at making your stay a memorable one.

I am extremely pleased to know that you enjoyed the wonderful patio suite as well the infinity pool.

Thanks again for your support & we look forward to welcoming you back to Naumi soon.

Wellington
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2009

Recent overnight stay. Firstly, good location and first initial impression, though no ramp observed to facilitate guests requiring wheelchair access (2 steps to hurdel to enter front door).
Front lobby has a contemporary modern feel, which i certainly liked. Reception staff were very well presented, professional and competent in their roles.

The room itself was a deluxe with a studio feel to it. Decor was bright and attractice, with a good size bath and shower with good quality high-end toileteries. Good quality comfortable bed too.

However, serious signs of "wear & tear" were suprisingly very evident as well as questionalble quality regarding some of the furniture (Ikea came to mind!).

Please note, the complimentary "mini-bar" is soft drinks only, so BYO booze! The room had wi-fi internet that was swift and included in the room price.

Gym had the usual equipment, though in a very confined space. Tried to go for a quick dip, however the pool was closed to guests as a pool-side private function was on. Most irritating to say the least.

Breakfast was taken outside the hotel, when one one considers the number and quality of eateries locally. Howver from what I read, the menu choice was the usual suspects and extortionally expensive to bout!

For me, a good experience overall. However, better is locally avaiable and more competitively priced. I'll be staying else where next time.

Cheers

• Stayed October 2009, traveled solo
1 Thank Rocketman1000000
Hi Rocketman1000000.

Thank you for taking the time to write your comments. I am delighted that you did enjoy the overall service at Naumi.

We will definitely look into the wear & tear aspects highlighted.

I am happy that you have given us the opportunity to improve with your honest feedback.

Best wishes from the team.

London
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2009

I wish I could unreservedly recommend the Naumi.

First, the good parts: the bed, shower, and size of rooms are excellent. The in-room facilities (we were in a deluxe room), and complimentary soft drinks are great, and the rates are pretty reasonable. The rooftop pool is just wonderful.

However, on the first night of our stay (when my boyfriend had just got off a 12 hour flight - he was spending 36 hours in Singapore before getting the same flight back) - we were woken up at 11pm by a staff member turning on the light and ushering another couple into our room. We were totally surprised, particularly as the staff just said 'Oh, sorry!' and slammed the door! When I sweetly mentioned what had happened the next morning at reception, I was met with blank, disbelieving looks and 'We will look into that.' We hoped for some kind of apology at some point during our stay but one never came.

Breakfast can be served either in the bar/lobby (which smells a bit hospital-like), so we ordered to the room. This cost $70. After 45 minutes, tiny portions of stone-cold eggs, dry cold toast and cold coffee arrived. They had completely forgotten the main part of the set breakfast, some chicken concoction. It was the kind of breakfast one might expect in a 2* Ibis, with butter in tiny tabs. When we sent it back, we got a suspicious chap who actually tested the coffee to make sure we were telling the truth. Very out-of-sorts, we got dressed and went next door to the Empire Cafe at Raffles where breakfast for both of us was $25. After that, we had breakfast in the bar/lobby every morning, which was far more decent and they even considerately put out asprins and vitamins.

To cut a long story short, in our experience, this is a good hotel for the business traveler looking for something less corporate in Singapore. It's smack bang in the business district which is central but there's nothing really around it (except Raffles, which just made me wish I was staying there).

Nuami is not set up for food at all, and doesn't quite live up to its proported luxury credentials. I'd spend a little bit more and go somewhere else if you want the real deal.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Angel2001
Naumi-Team, Hotel Manager at Naumi Hotel, responded to this review, October 11, 2009
Dear Angel2001

Thank you for your time on the feedback.

First & foremost, please allow to me extend my sincere apologies that we had a few faults let you down with expectations. Please be assured that I have personally spoken to the team to address the matter.

I am glad to know that you feel that Naumi is a good hotel for business travelers & you enjoyed the spacious room as well the infinity pool too.

I assure you that we will work diligently to improve on the shortcomings.

Thank you for your support & I hope you do give us another chance.