“not ordinary,but EXTRAORDINARY”

Naumi Hotel
Ranked #18 of 306 Hotels in Singapore
“not ordinary,but EXTRAORDINARY”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2013

My fiancée booked the habitat room with Naumi Hotel for our birthday. The first thought that came when she told me about the booking was 'boutique hotel?not again.....' as we had a bad experience during our stay at one of the boutique hotel in Singapore early this year.Upon checking in,i felt a thorough calmness and peacefulness as the tranquillity music was played in the lobby and walkway.The staffs and services...amazing!were they born customer oriented originally?because they are perfect in customer delivery,each and everyone of them.The bed made me sink in them not wanting to wake up the next morning,or I should say I didn't want to come out from bed.The pull out bar,was awesome.The rooftop pool,i felt as though it was my own personal pool,unlike MBS which I think is more like a swimming complex,crowded and noisy...somehow later I will surely come back and will always recommend my colleagues n friends

Room Tip: ANDY WARHOL room which comes with a Jacuzzi pool.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Damian T, General Manager at Naumi Hotel, responded to this review, November 27, 2013
Dear sdzfrnrtk,

Happy birthday from all of us at Naumi. Thank you for recognising our service standards and facilities that have provided you with an extraordinary experience staying with us. We are heartened that we have made a positive change on your perception of boutique hotels and appreciate your support in recommending Naumi to your colleagues and friends. Hope it won’t be long till we see you back here at Naumi again!

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (356)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2013

Incredibly nice and comfortable. Stayed in the Habitat room. Room size is reasonable by singapore standards. Very friendly recep, checked in and she personally brought me up to introduce the room. Clean and modern design. Beautiful infinity pool at the top, would be great if there was a bar there.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Damian T, General Manager at Naumi Hotel, responded to this review, November 23, 2013
Dear Pocky_11,

Thank you for your review. I’m delighted you had such a wonderful stay with us! We look forward to welcoming you back again at Naumi, your home away from home!

Ballarat, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2013

We where on our honeymoon and our first stop was Singapore, where we stayed at Naumi. It was amazing. The staff where so so friendly and helpful, we couldn't have asked for more from them. The rooms where amazing and the entire place was always spotless.
The food was fantastic and all the facilities where great.
We then went on to stay at the Marina Bay Sands for a night. It was very crowded, not personable and staff where too busy to assist like the service we got at Naumi.
Highly recommend staying here!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Ashleigh D,

Thank you for your time to write us a review despite you being busy on your honeymoon. It always warms our hearts to read such positive reviews like yours and encourages us to continue to strive for excellence in our services and being the preferred hotel for our guests. We are glad to have made your honeymoon a memorable one by having an amazing stay with us. All of us at Naumi wishes you an ever blissful marriage with many lovely moments to treasure and cherish for a lifetime! Thank you for highly recommending us and we look forward to having you back with us during your next trip to Singapore.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2013

Had a stay in Naumi and I must say, I am impressed by the genuine care to Naumi's staff. They are ever ready to smile and be helpful. Different in all sense of the word in a pleasant way. the bed is to die for. You just fall into a great slumber and everything seems to be smartly organized Love everything about it but not too sure if anyone notice the art graffiti at the side of the hotel. Its brilliant. Love it!!!

Thank you Naumi for making my stay fabulous as always.

Dear Sharul2013,

Thank you for your wonderful review. I am glad you have thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us and being impressed with our service. You would be delighted to know that we pride ourselves on our seven layer bedding in 400 thread-count Egyptian Cotton which explains why all our guest would have experienced such a great slumber as yourself. With Naumi also being conceived as an evolving art gallery, the graffiti artwork that you noticed at the side of the hotel would be one of many artworks which are specially commissioned pieces by local and international artists. Thank you for choosing to stay with us and we look forward to your return in the near future.

Whitchurch
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2013

A lovely, friendly hotel, with service that couldn't be faulted. As it is only a small hotel, all the staff knew you by name and the service felt very personal. After the recent renovation we found that everything was of a high quality. The location is perfect, in the city centre, overlooking Raffles Hotel. We loved the infinity pool on the rooftop, especially in the evening. We would recommend it.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Jenspen59,

Thank you for taking time to write us a review. I am glad to know that you have enjoyed your stay with us and having experienced the friendly and personalised Naumicentric service that we are well known for. I am also equally glad to know that your comments have reaffirmed that our renovation was in the right direction and our pool view is definitely one of the best that you could get. Naumi Hotel was recently listed by Singapore Business Review as Singapore's 10 most impressive hotel swimming pools. Hope it won’t be long to see you back here and thank you for recommending Naumi Hotel!

London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2013

I come frequently to Singapore and normally stay at the Mandarin Oriental which was full this time, so tried Naumi as something a bit different. Well it is different, but not in the way I hoped! I booked an Oasis room which was comfortable and the Apple TV in the room and free internet are nice touches. But the overall impression is that all the focus has gone on 'design' and appearances, but scratch below the surface and there is much to be desired. The service is friendly (on the surface) but the actual service is not as good as it should be in a hotel of this standard. I think that frankly the level of English of many of the staff is poor, and this - and sloppiness - has a negative effect on the service. Eg on both mornings the breakfast I ordered through room service was incomplete, with various items missing, and the breakfast itself was pretty poor. The menu in the restaurant is also very limited. There are many better hotels in Singapore and this one also falls far short of the many other small luxury hotels I have stayed at.

1 Thank sunderland57
Dear Sunderland57,

Thank you for your feedback. Please accept my sincere apologies that we did not meet your expectations in some areas and your feedback will definitely help us to improve. At Naumi, we take all feedback seriously and we will review/make changes where necessary in all areas that you have given your comments to ensure that all our guest would enjoy a best possible stay with us. On a lighter note, I am glad that you are happy with the nice touches we have added & decor of the hotel. Once again, please accept my sincere apologies for the areas that we have not met up to your expectations.

Shanghai
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2013

i've read reviews from other contributors on Naumi Singapore – they were mostly great... perhaps for staycation there aren't much expectations? Given that it's under SLH, and staying in many hotels under SLH, i've expected better. Arrived in Singapore late and checked-in past midnight, one night's stay was already charged which is fine. Checked in, unpack and wanted to wash my hands. Sink was dirty, turned on the tap, water was RUSTY. Water was going down really slowly and guess that's how the previous guest's debris was stuck on the sink. Decided to take a hot bath in the tub and... found bathtub dirty. Called the front desk, they said they will ask housekeeping to clean it IN THE MORNING. . . said will get me a new room if there was any available. Not even apologetic at all.

Next morning, i went to front desk AGAIN to remind them about the dirty bath tub. Next morning – Breakfast was mediocre, the nuts weren't fresh. Although the staff were all very friendly, it didn't feel genuine. Tub was clean in the afternoon, but sink was still dirty. Came back at night and decided to use the tub AND THERE WAS NO HOT WATER for the tub. Hot water was running only for the first few minutes and it went cold. Called front desk, they said will get engineer to check in the morning. Offered a room for us JUST TO SHOWER. Seriously? I took the room with a tub so that i could have a bath, why would I want to shower in another room? After removing my laptop and gadgets from the study desk, there were dust underneath ALL OF THEM. The surface and corners of the shelves were all dusty and it looked like renovation dust that was never cleaned up. Also realised the housekeeping staff were young boys. But is it really an excuse? There are many staff greeting guests in the lobby but I really think they could've done much better with that number of staff.

Checked out after 4 days of unhappiness, had a much better stay elsewhere. Was around the neighbourhood and couldn't get a taxi, decided to go to Naumi for help, if they could help call a taxi since we were guests there just 2 days ago (in Singapore you can't call for a cab without a local number) There was a female staff standing outside trying to hail a cab so i went up to her. She GAVE ME THE HAND and said impatiently: "WAIT, i need to help MY GUESTS get a taxi first." She didn't bother going in to inform her colleagues to help us, and was looking frantically left and right for taxis and completely ignored our existence. We walked away after 5 minutes and she didn't even say anything at all. To think that the day we checked out, they said they look forward to us coming back again when sending us off in a taxi.

I will never come back to stay in Naumi Singapore again, nor recommend anyone to stay here despite the convenience of the location. To pay that amount of money, i think there are better choices around.

2 Thank spotuv
Damian T, General Manager at Naumi Hotel, responded to this review, November 15, 2013
Dear Spotuv,

Thank you for your feedback. Please accept my sincere apologies on your recent disappointing stay with us. I am concerned to read about your experience with us and have addressed your feedback with the respective departments.

I have also done my own internal investigations on your feedback and noted offer was made to clean up the room upon receiving the feedback but was declined and staff was informed to return the next morning.

It is not a Naumi standard not to assist anyone that requests for any assistance even if the request is from a non-hotel guest and I have reiterated on this with our staff during our regular training sessions. At Naumi, these are not the usual standards that we are known for. I wish to assure you that contrary to what you experienced, we at Naumi are committed to delivering the best hospitality and service to our guests, as expected of our hotel. Once again, my sincere apologies and your feedback will definitely help us to improve.