“Ideal Hotel & Location”

Holiday Inn Singapore Orchard City Centre
Ranked #31 of 317 Hotels in Singapore
Reviewed July 26, 2014

Our family of four recently stayed here. It was a comfortable hotel which is situated in the ideal location. You step out your door & your are in the heart of Singapore's shopping hub - Orchard Road. Thee is an endless street of shopping centres. You are spirit for choice. Also of your door step is a variety of eateries. Something for everyone's taste .
We found our room to be clean & tidy. Housekeeping was good. The only small negative we had was that our two boys had to share a bed which caused a few arguments between our boys(nothing major just simple sibling stuff)There was two king size beds in our room. That was the only configuration that was offered to family. The pool & gym was used extensively by our family & again well kept & tidy.
The staff are very friendly, nothing was ever too much for them to do for us. Our package included breakfast on level 2. Such a great variety of food on offer that sometimes it's difficult to decide what to have !!!!! The food was fresh & well presented.
The decor of the hotel was well presented. A big reception area so no matter how busy it was you didn't feel like you were stepping on others toes. There is also a lovely seating area with bar which you can sit , have a drink & listen to the Iive music.
Upon our return home from Thailand we had a stop over in Singapore again. We stayed once again at the hotel & was pleasantly surprised when we had our room upgraded at no extra cost.
We plan to return to Singapore next year & will certainly be staying her again. Exceptional close to everything that your holiday becomes very effortlessly which holidays should be.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (3,334)

Reviewed July 25, 2014

This hotel feels like its as old as the hills.. The rooms have a weird smell to them that I found very disturbing, and highly unpleasant. I had initially planned for a long stay in this hotel, however I checked out after 1 night. The location is extraordinary. You couldn't ask for a better location to be honest. There's great food around the place. But the rooms, absolute disappointment.

I'm hoping there's a wind of change to this place as I am slated to return here in 2 weeks.. One can hope..

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank gdavid87
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Singapore Orchard City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded August 10, 2014

Dear gdavid87,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We’re very sorry you were not satisfied with the condition of the hotel. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas. We welcome any opportunity to improve.

Ferdinand G
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed July 24, 2014

It was so wonderful to get to a friendly , comfortable family oriented hotel in Singapore after 12 days travelling through Malaysia. Best breakfast ever, great customer service, great location. Perfect before or after long haul flight. Thanks

Reviewed July 23, 2014

Stayed here on a Business Trip for 3 nights and found the Hotel to be perfect. Had requested for an early check in and a Park facing room but on reaching they could only offer me the a room facing Cuppage Plaza which I did not want because of the obstructed view.They offered to give me a room with a view in a couple of hours and since I had some work to do I left my luggage and attended to that. When I came back around 2 pm still no room as it appeared that the previous guest had not checked out from the room allotted to me. They offered me complimentary drinks and snacks at the Lobby Bar and I spent an hour having a couple of beers. Finally, got a room to my liking around 3pm.
Rooms are decent sized with all modcon including tea, coffee maker, slippers, iron, hair dryer and drinking water as much as you want, bathroom is fairly large with bath tub, all bath amenities, complimentary toileteries like comb, shaving kit, toothpaste etc. In short the room amenities are adequate and you are not likely to need anything more.
Had opted for an Executive Club Room which offers acess to the Executive Club Lounge on the 3rd Floor at any time. You can have breakfast there or in the !st Floor Window by the Park Restaurant. Preferred the latter because it has wider choice.Breakfast had a wide choice for all tastes and was adequate. You can have snacks and light lunch in the Lounge at any time after 11 am. They have some chicken and ham sandwiches, chicken nuggets and a mini pizza which is enough to carry you forward if you happen to come in around lunch or anytime later.From 6 pm to 8 pm they have happy hours with complimentary drinks and some more food items which is enough to fill up as a dinner. In fact you can have all three meals on the house if you opt for this category of Room.Thats something. They also offer 2 garments free ironing per day of stay and WIFI is free with good connection throughout the Hotel. What more can you ask for? My only gripe with the Lounge is that they have limited brand of spirits - My favourite tipple is scotch whisky and the they only had a brand "Famous Grouse" which is not a premium brand.
Location cannot be beaten with shops, eateries, street foods, malls, supermarkets etc all within walking distance and the metro station Somerset about 5/7 mimutes walk away. Shopping on Orchard Road is walking distance.
Scope for improvement in a couple of areas. Room, furniture and carpets look a bit dated. Renovation should be carried out fast. The check in/ check out area in the Lobby seemed a little noisy and overworked with queues sometimes at peak hours. Could do with more manpower or some more check out counters.
Other than the above my stay was extremely satisfying and the Hotel is Perfect in all aspects

Room Tip: Go for the Executive Club Rooms. Offers more value for a little extra.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank subchat
Reviewed July 22, 2014

Spent four days here earlier this month as part of a longer family holiday. Good size room for three adults and very handy for transport, some bars and eating places (a good selection just behind the hotel itself) and lots of shopping, including a couple of 7-11s and a good supermarket. Nice bar and pool area, which were both well-used. Had some minor problems with our original booking on the system and also with our room hairdryer but these were resolved very quickly and we were given a complimentary fruit basket, which was a really nice gesture. Wouldn't hesitate to stay again.

Reviewed July 21, 2014

My husband son and I stayed here for four nights recently and thoroughly enjoyed our stay.
The room was large with two double beds and had everything you could need available in the room. The soft furnishings are of a good quality and comfortable.

The pool area is very good, there is a lot of shade for sunbeds and tables . There is a toddler pool and small jacuzzi as well as the main pool. The hotel website photos of the pool area don't really do the pool area justice I think.

The breakfast range is large with a small buffet section for kids. I recommend booking a rate including the breakfast, if you have kids they eat free at this Holiday Inn. We booked directly online with the hotel and got a very reasonable package rate.

The hotel position is easy walking distance to Orchard Road and Somerset MRT. There are plenty of eating options within five minutes walk.

We will definitely stay at this hotel again in the future.

Highly recommended.

2  Thank limlib
Reviewed July 19, 2014

Stayed at the Holiday Inn Orchard City Centre, Singapore from June 20 to June 25 2014. A security deposit of SGD 250 was blocked on my debit card, without informing me, though my accommodation was paid in full at the time of booking.

At the time of check out on June 25, 2014, the concierge assured that funds would be remitted to my account within a day or two. However, till 19th July 2014, the funds have not been remitted despite numerous calls and emails to the hotel. Mail communication from the hotel confirms that the funds have been remitted on June 26, however, no transaction details are being shared with me for necessary followup. On the contrary the hotel staff has been evasive and not helpful. I am very disappointed with the turn of events though my stay at the hotel had been great.

This incidence has shaken my trust and I would strongly dissuade others from going to this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
10  Thank NehaAgarwal1211
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Singapore Orchard City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded August 4, 2014

Dear NehaAgarwal1211,

Thank you for taking the time to convey your comments regarding your recent experience with us. Providing excellent customer service is one of the things we pride ourselves on and we are sorry to read that in this case you feel we have fallen short of your expectations. We would love to regain your faith in our hotel and would welcome the opportunity to discuss your stay in further details. We have sent you a private message to obtain additional detail regarding your stay.

We look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Janice A