At Changi airport, I told the taxi driver we were going to Holiday Inn Orchard City Centre. He was confused and asked if we were going to the Holiday Inn Atrium, and of course, we were not. It is useful to remember that Holiday Inn Orchard City Centre is located on Cavenaugh Road near Orchard Road.
We stayed there over a weekend because the rates were more competitive after Intercontinental Hotels in Singapore provided breakfast and 30% discounts. In 2007, the last time we stayed at this Holiday Inn, it was called Holiday Inn Park View, and in-room wi-fi was so expensive that it drove us away to the Bugis Street area. But In-room wi-fi at the Holiday Inn was free when we booked on their site on the Internet. The confirmation sent by e-mail did not specifically state wi-fi was free, but the reception staff confirmed that it was free when we checked in. Although wi-fi was free, the frequent log-in and acceptance of terms every time you boot up is a nuisance.
Even when we stayed at the Bugis area, we were drawn to the Somerset MRT area near the Centrepoint, Killiney Road Post Office, and many good restaurants such as Lei Garden Orchard and (now) Curry Culture. We have also enjoyed the Indian food in the Tandoor restaurant in the basement of the Holiday Inn. We see in the press that a second Traders Hotel may open on the site of the old Hotel Phoenix next to 313@Somerset, but at the present time, Holiday Inn Orchard City Centre still is the closest Hotel to this prime shopping location.
We were very happy with every aspect of our stay at the Holiday Inn Orchard. When we checked in at 1 pm on a Friday, our room was not ready, but we were content to leave our bags with the concierge and wait until 2 pm for room 801 because it was quiet with no neighbor or street noise. It was at the end of the row of rooms, near the entrance to the pool and fitness center. We had a view of Cuppage Plaza and the street below. The king bed was comfortable as were the variety of pillows. We especially appreciated night lights under the bedside tables, the many universal electrical outlets and the availability of HBO and Fox Movies on the large plasma TV screen. Rooms and bathrooms were kept very clean.
They brought a fruit plate to us. We tried the free welcome drink in the bar downstairs, and we had a choice of wine, beer, or soft drink. The entertainers in the bar lounge were surprisingly good. Buffet breakfast on the 2nd floor was very good—probably as good as it gets for that price range of hotel. It was very well attended during the two mornings we were there.
Service from room cleaning, reception, and concierge to breakfast, was excellent. They let us check out at 1 pm on a Sunday. It is easy to get a taxi in front of the hotel. As long as the free wi-fi, breakfast and 30% discount are still being offered, we recommend this hotel as an excellent value in a prime shopping location.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Conveniently located in the heart of Singapore's well-known shopping boulevard, Orchard Road, Holiday Inn(R) Singapore Orchard City Centre is just minutes away from the Central Business District, the Somerset and Dhoby Ghaut Mass Rapid Transit (MRT) stations as well as the Central Business District and medical centres including the Paragon Medical Singapore and Mount Elizabeth Medical Centre. Explore the city at ease with popular cultural districts such as Bugis, Chinatown and Little India, and attractions like the Singapore Flyer and Gardens by the Bay all located within close proximity, making us an ideal spot for staycation. Changi Airport is a short 25-minute drive away. The hotel boasts 324 well-appointed guestrooms, 11 state-of-the-art function rooms, a collection of two restaurants and a bar - Tandoor, featuring authentic North Indian cuisine, Window on the Park showcasing Asian and local delights, and Lobby Lounge & Bar which offers the perfect venue to unwind after a business meeting. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Agoda, Hotels.com, Expedia, Ctrip TA, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Holiday Inn Singapore Orchard City Centre reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Singapore Orchard City Centre Hotel Singapore
- Holiday Inn Park View Singapore
- Singapore Holiday Inn