We were recommended this hotel by our travel agent for its location and she was right. It was about a 5 minute walk to all transport, major shops on Orchard Road, supermarkets and food courts. We arrived at 2pm from the airport and our room was not ready. We had to wait for an hour in the bar (they bought us a drink) for our room which was not really a hardship as we had only had an hour flight but would have been an issue if flying for a long time. The room was a usual hotel room with 2 double beds (3 of us travelling). It smelt a bit musty but we think that is because it had no opening windows or doors and the air conditioner is always on. The pool and gym area are great with beautiful warm towels to use. We used the hop on and hop off bus, MRT and local transport with no troubles, very easy to follow their signage. Only disappointing part of staying at the holiday inn was the cost of the drinks in the bar Singapore $14 +++ taxes for anything from a draft beer to a cocktail. The breakfast was good but the restaurant was very crowded and sometimes there was a small wait to get a table, we put this down to the Xmas / New Year period we travelled. Exchange rate at the front desk is very low, get money on the main street from the exchange shop. All in all - a nice stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Conveniently located in the heart of Singapore's well-known shopping boulevard, Orchard Road, Holiday Inn(R) Singapore Orchard City Centre is just minutes away from the Central Business District, the Somerset and Dhoby Ghaut Mass Rapid Transit (MRT) stations as well as the Central Business District and medical centres including the Paragon Medical Singapore and Mount Elizabeth Medical Centre. Explore the city at ease with popular cultural districts such as Bugis, Chinatown and Little India, and attractions like the Singapore Flyer and Gardens by the Bay all located within close proximity, making us an ideal spot for staycation. Changi Airport is a short 25-minute drive away. The hotel boasts 324 well-appointed guestrooms, 11 state-of-the-art function rooms, a collection of two restaurants and a bar - Tandoor, featuring authentic North Indian cuisine, Window on the Park showcasing Asian and local delights, and Lobby Lounge & Bar which offers the perfect venue to unwind after a business meeting. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Agoda and Expedia so you can book your Holiday Inn Singapore Orchard City Centre reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Singapore Orchard City Centre Hotel Singapore
- Holiday Inn Park View Singapore
- Singapore Holiday Inn