“Perfect location, two double beds (perfect for families), perfect gym and saunas, but no free wifi.”

Holiday Inn Singapore Orchard City Centre
Ranked #31 of 317 Hotels in Singapore
Reviewed December 5, 2012 via mobile

We are a family of four and was quite pleased to find two double beds in Singapore. No it's not cheap. But nothing is cheap here anyway. The location is where shopping action is. Food options are everywhere (check out Centrepoint mall). Short walk to MRT station. Great front desk staff. We got welcome fruit platter and chocolate. And if you are a frequent priority club member, you get a welcome drink on the house. Don't forget to ask for two vouchers.
- Buffet breakfast - great variety and we loved it
- Gym, pool, sauna and steam room - great options during inclement weather. We only used the gym but all other seem to be quite enjoyable to look at. The gym had the latest equipment.
- Kids loved the cable channels
- PowerPoints/Wall sockets were international. We left our international adaptor
- Clean and functional
Very happy to return when traveling back to Singapore.

• Stayed: December 2012
2  Thank stingfantoo
Write a ReviewReviews (3,330)

Reviewed December 4, 2012

After a couple of days exploring Singapore. We moved in to Holiday Inn located in Cavenagh Road in Orchard. The place has impressive interior design. An aura of elegance everywhere the hotel lobby . Accommodating staff, helpful, professionals in their dealings with their clientele. We got there early from our the usual 2pm check in time and they allowed us to have an early check-in. The room is huge for 4 person. They provided free wifi access. The room have everything you need.

The hotel is near shopping mall as the orchard is known as the shopping district of SG. Walk 5-10 minutes and you will be heading your way to the road leading to shopping malls where you can do your shop till you drop thing :)

I will recommend this hotel to family and friends.

Room Tip: we took the room with window and we were given the room facing the road.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Melanie R
Reviewed December 4, 2012

First the lobby... the receptionist who welcomed us is very nice and polite. We were also given complementary drinks. There's also a lounge and the performers were good. The only downside is... wifi is NOT FREE.

The room... The room is not too small and not to big... it was simple yet elegant. The beds were soft and comfty as well as the pillows and comforter. The air conditioner is working fine and the room smells good (not the typical smell like those of budget hotels). The fridge was full of drinks... water, soda and booze (yeah!) and there's also tea! Also the flat iron and hair dryer was already available (less hassle in requesting). But unfortunately... wifi is NOT FREE :(

The bathroom... now this is my favorite! There are enough towels for every needs in many sizes. Toiletries were almost complete set (unlike others which only provides shampoo and soap). And the tub... felt great to soak in it... Just unfortunate that the toiletries doesn't include bubble soap. Hot and cold water included. I can say that it was my favorite place! Felt really good to soak in warm water after completing 42km marathon! :p

Overall... Holliday Inn met all our expectations! Too bad we were not able to check the pool and jacuzzi :( but there's still next time.

I hope this review helps!

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank soccer_crazy011
Reviewed December 2, 2012

Great location for a great Business hotel. Was my second stay at this Hotel and would keep coming back. Right on Orchard Road, spacious room and great Club Lounge. Whether Business or shopping, the Hotel location is perfect.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank sanjeevbanga
Reviewed December 1, 2012 via mobile

My partner had some points, so we stayed at HI. We got an upgraded room. It was a really lovely stay. Receptionist & concierge were so friendly. They have a pool & gym on 8th floor (I think). Beds were great, complimentary water, chocolates, tea, newspaper - all in all, it's a lovely experience.

• Stayed: November 2012
2  Thank NoZaYo
Reviewed December 1, 2012

Great hotel if you want to stay in the Orchard Rd. area.

I choose this hotel because I loyally stay with IHG properties. As a platinum member I was also treated very well here.

I was upgraded to a junior suite, they put me in room X01 at first (terrible view and the AC didn't seem to work), so they moved me to room X23. Rooms ending with 23 are junior suites on the corner of the hotel overlooking Cuppage St. Amazing views!

The hotel rivals most Crowne Plaza's in the United States. I was given access to the executive lounge which was nice to go and grab a cup of coffee anytime. But I didn't eaten the free meal there, mainly because there are so many good places in Singapore to eat.

Internet was reliable and was included in my rate, so I was happy. The bar on the first floor doesn't get a lot of activity, which I preferred because it didn't attract non-hotel guests. Plenty of wonderful eating places within a 3 minute walk from the hotel.

Pool on the 8th floor was in good shape, I didn't use. Just visited to have a look. The gym is tiny, but has nice equipment.

Cons: Breakfast.... the food was good, but the lamps to keep the food warm were dated or not set to a high enough temperature. I had the pancakes 5 days and they were cold all 5 days. The other options were nice and I enjoyed the breakfast each day.

Overall service and concierge was wonderful, the room was very clean, air conditioner worked well, internet worked, elevators were very fast, so I was a very happy guest for 5 days.

I would likely return to this hotel if I come to Singapore again.

Room Tip: Rooms that are surrounding the executive lounge. Even if not on the lounge floor the rooms circling...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank majones7
Reviewed November 30, 2012 via mobile

Stayed with the HI Orchard on the 30th Nov with my partner to celebrate her Birthday and our anniversary, i decided to make some special arrangement to make the occasion much meaningful. Wrote an email to them about my ideas on how i want the celebration to be.

I got a prompt reply from them and i was serve via email by a lovely lady by the name of Nadzira, she was helpful throughout. From the moment i requested for the special arrangement till i check in, everything was was done perfectly. I would say its a tip too attention given to us. (FYI we are a local From Singapore and there was no favoritism and such things where they serve tourist better cos like i said, we were given tip top attention)

When we got in the room, we are both speechless.. Room was decorated with a simple rose petals which is beautiful, there was a fruit platter, cake and strawberries dip with chocolate ready for us. That is very thoughtful of Nadzira. My partner was happy so am i that she went the extra mile to make this occasion a memorable one.

Room is beautiful, clean, bathroom is gorgeous.
Breakfast was nice, not chaotic like what some other review stated.

I would like to give my gratitude to the Holiday Inn hotel team for making my stay memorable one. This is definitely not gonna be the last time you gonna hear from us. A hotel i truly recommended..

Thanks to front office Sophie Osman for the help n special thanks to Nadzira (Front Office).. Without all the great communication n great help, this wont happen.. The hotel GM need to recognize that these staff did an awesome job and thumbs up on the service!!!!!

• Stayed: November 2012