“Great location and friendly staff”

Grand Park City Hall
Ranked #51 of 317 Hotels in Singapore
Reviewed March 3, 2014

Breakfast was very good.

Rooms very clean.

Check in very efficient.

Limited free WIFI, lobby and some rooms.

Fantastic location for sight seeing in centre of town.

Safe in room big enough for iPad. Our failed to open but it was because a strap was in the door but they sent someone up immediately and opened it for us.

Staff at reception and concierge very helpful.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple

Reviewed March 3, 2014

Stayed two weeks at the Grand Park - City Hall for business, the hotel in clean and the staff very helpful. Daily breakfast was plentiful and very good but not always hot. I guess my biggest complaint would be the internet connectivity which was spotty and required getting new pass codes every couple of days. There is a lot of construction going on around the hotel but you never noticed it inside the hotel.

• Stayed: February 2014
Reviewed March 1, 2014

I stayed one night at the Grand Park City Hall on a short stop over in Singapore for a day for some meetings. I arrived late at night and the person at the desk was very helpful. The room was spacious (located in the 10th floor / Crystal club) and the bed extremely comfortable. Only negative point, the AC system did not work properly and I could not turn the system off (it was already very late so did not bother to call the concierge). Breakfast was generous but with no plus. I did not have time to walk around but the hotel is very close to major attractions. I would return to this hotel again.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
GPCHExecutiveOffice, Front Office Manager at Grand Park City Hall, responded to this reviewResponded March 2, 2014

Dear paris_traveller2013, Thank you for taking the time to post your review. It looks like you enjoyed your time with us! I am glad you enjoyed both the location of our property and the service provided. I am sorry that we did not highlight how to operate the air-conditioning system upon your arrival; I will brief my colleagues to extra pay attention to that in the future.
We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed February 26, 2014

We stayed at this hotel a few days for the New Years Eve with breakfast included. The room was nice, but basic, not so big, dusty and no internet in the room, only in the lobby with a very bad connection. The breakfast was ok and the stuff helpful. The only thing that we really liked was the location. This hotel, I can say, it's a 3*+ hotel, not a 5* with a great location.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear BiancaBeatrice, Thank you for your review and for rating our service as 5-star. I am glad that the location of our property was to your convenience but I am sorry that the room was not in pristine condition; I have shared your feedback with my colleagues from the housekeeping department for future improvement. I was a bit surprised upon reading your comments pertaining to the internet as all our rooms are equipped with both wired and wireless internet access; I do apologise if this was not explained to you properly upon arrival and will reiterate this point to the reception team
We hope to see again soon.

Reviewed February 25, 2014

We arrived early in the morning after the long flight, and we got our room just after short waiting. Staff was very friendly and welcoming. The hotel is in excellent location just few steps from City Hall MRT. Breakfast was good. Room was ok, although a bit small.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Marcis B

Dear Marcis B, thank you for choosing to stay with us at Grand Park City Hall, we appreciate the review and your recommendation of our property. I am so happy to hear that you found the staff friendly and welcoming and I will be very happy to pass your positive feedback to all of them as I know they work very hard to ensure our guests enjoy their stay with us.
We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed February 19, 2014 via mobile

Situated within easy walking of great shops, eating places and interesting places to visit.
Room was small and not enough wardrobe or drawer space. Bathroom tiles were grubby with mouldy grout, so asked for a cleaner room. Was given an upgrade which was slightly better but housekeeping is not a strength of this hotel.
Communal areas were quite splendid and grand.
Staff very helpful.

• Stayed: February 2014

Dear annesina, thank you you for your review and I am glad you enjoyed the location of our property and found the staff to be helpful. I will convey your comments about the condition of the bathroom to the housekeeping team for improvement; I sincerely apologise for that.
We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed February 11, 2014

I was served by Kanna at the reception and was very pleased with his service, he is very polite and professional. He congrats me on my anniversary and he gave me a free upgrade to hte suite that comes with a personal outdoor jacuzzi, free evening cocktail till 8pm at the crystal club lounge and also free breakfast at either the crystal club lounge or downstairs.
I was of cos delighted with the huge and classy room, you may refer to my pictures.

- the room was huge and very luxurious looking.
- personal outdoor jacuzzi, dinning area, living room, one bedroom with bathroom, guest toilet & walk-in wardrobe.
- the personal outdoor jacuzzi was not maintained at all. It was very dirty and disgusting. The water is warm but the jacuzzi is not working at all
- the bed is very cosy and comfortable that i slept for a solid 10hrs, i know, time wasted haha..
- the bathroom in the room has a jacuzzi bathtub which is also NOT working *roll-eyes

I was also given free cocktail at the crystal club lounge which have really nice food but the service of the staff there isnt very professional becos they selectively serve their guest. When they see caucasian their service standard totally diff which make me and my husband unhappy. Samanriah wished a caucasian 'Happy Chinese New Year' when she didn't even greet us at all. She also asked blantly if we were being told that we will be entilted with complimentary evening cocktail. I was trying to keep my cool becos if I am not being given complimentary, then how do I even enter the area? So, she told me no worries, she will double check again with the reception and this evening cocktail will be complimentary due to miscommunication. She also said that she will check and get back to me about the breakfast. But she never call us back so we skipped the breakfast to save us from any questioning or embarrassment.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank KaseyTan

Dear KaseyTan, thank you for this very comprehensive review of our property and I will like to wish you a happy belated anniversary! I am glad that you enjoyed your stay in our Governor Suite and that you kindly shared great photos of the room with the Trip Advisor community.
On the other hand, I would like to apologise about the confusion with regards to the access to the Crystal Club lounge and I do understand your feelings as we should have managed the situation better. I also had the chance to speak to Samariah about the incident you mentioned about; she would like join me to apologise if we have given you the wrong impression that we selectively serve guests; I can assure you that it is not our practice and that all guests are treated equally.
I definitely thank you for your comments and hope you again chose to stay with us in the future.