“Very central and fantastic staff”

Grand Park City Hall
Ranked #66 of 317 Hotels in Singapore
Reviewed March 17, 2013

We arrived at 9am, very tired after an all night flight from Auckland. Couldn't check in until 2pm although we were offered a twin bed room which was ready. Room OK although a bit dull. We ate breakfast and one buffet style evening meal at the hotel and couldn't fault either. A massive choice and beautifully presented. Very central for sightseeing which was a big bonus. We had a superior double and the view from the bedroom window was not good,overlooking another high rise building. Having said all we would definitely stay here again and recommend highly. There were better more luxurious hotels to be had but very expensive.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Linda E
GPCHExecutiveOffice, General Manager at Grand Park City Hall, responded to this reviewResponded March 24, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for selecting Grand Park City Hall as your preferred choice of stay during your recent holiday to Singapore.

I am pleased to read that you had a pleasant stay with us. We value all our guests’ comments and will continue to make every effort to do our best so that all guests will have a comfortable and memorable stay with us.

Adrian Chung

Write a ReviewReviews (2,570)

Reviewed March 17, 2013

The Grand Park City Hall Hotel in Singapore. This is an older hotel but very nice, very clean and very comfortable. It has a swimming pool
The range of foods on offer at breakfast time was great, some familiar foods and some definately not but a variety for all tastes.
The hotel is very central and within walking distance of Raffles Hotel and the shops and restaurants
Very nice polite and helpful staff.
Only down side was their coffee was aweful.

Room Tip: All rooms seemed good
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
GPCHExecutiveOffice, General Manager at Grand Park City Hall, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

I am delighted to hear that you had an enjoyable stay with us. With regards to the coffee, I have addressed this issue with my F&B Manager and it has been rectified.

We will continue to make every effort to do our best so that all guests will have a comfortable and memorable stay with us. Thank you once again for your kind patronage, and look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed March 15, 2013

An excellent hotel with great service, I arrived with about 50 others off the Queen Mary 2 on the 10th of Feb just in time for the Chinese New Year. Although we had to wait about 1 1/2 hours in the grand entrance to get to our rooms as the staff were busy laying out tables, as they had a Banquet to cater for for over 100 Chinese.The hotel is about 10-15 mins walk to Raffles Hotel, and an easy walk to the riverside and the quay shopping centres.Hotel room very clean and though the bathroom was a bit on the small side, it was spotless(All polished marble)and the bed was very comfortable.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
GPCHExecutiveOffice, General Manager at Grand Park City Hall, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

I am delighted to hear that you had a comfortable and enjoyable stay with us. I do apologise for the delay in checking in guests during the Chinese New Year period, indeed it is of no excuse and we are looking into this matter so as to better facilitate check-in traffic during the festive periods.

We will definitely continue to make every effort to do our best, so that all guests will have a comfortable and memorable stay with us.

Thank you once again for your kind patronage and we look forward to welcoming you back to Grand Park City Hall soon.

Reviewed March 10, 2013

Hotel in an excellent location. You can easily travel to the tourist spots from here and only few mins walk to the City Hall MRT station and Raffles Places. However, the room is so small, old and the most concern is the hygiene issue. There was mites on the carpet and bedding which made me so itchy once I step into the room. As I was staying in Singapore for 4 nights, I did try to found another hotel after my 1st night stay. Especially, I was travelling with my young kid which hygiene is pretty important to me. The majority staffs were so unfriendly. The only person we meet who has smile on her faces was the Customer Services Manager, who really did help a lot and so nice. However, a GREAT hotel need more than ONE nice customer services manager.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
GPCHExecutiveOffice, General Manager at Grand Park City Hall, responded to this reviewResponded March 15, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for selecting Grand Park City Hall as your preferred choice of stay during your recent trip to Singapore.

Thank you very much for your review and I am certainly disappointed to hear that we have not lived up to your expectations thoroughly. I have addressed all your concerns with my respective department heads for immediate rectification and improvements.

We value your patronage and will continue to strive to improve the product and services so that all guests will get the best experience and value when they stay with us.

I do hope you will provide us another opportunity to impress you should you return to Singapore again.

Reviewed March 10, 2013

Hoitel is in good location,very central .Public areas of Hotel are fine but rooms are a bit tired.I had room on 7th Floor which smelled of damp and very dark,tall building right outside window.
Had mini Bar and tea & coffee making facilities but only room plug did not work..Very small bathroom.
Only stayed for 2 nights which was ok,would not have like to stay longer.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for your review. I am certainly disappointed to hear that we have not lived up to your expectations thoroughly and have certainly addressed all your concerns with my respective department heads for immediate rectification and improvements.

Reviewed March 10, 2013

I'll like to express gratitude to the events and banquet team at Grand Park City Hall.

The staffs were very professional and service oriented in ensuring that our events on both 05 Mar 2013 (Masterclass) and 06 Mar 2013 (Workshop) were smooth going.

Pls. Francis & Janice at Grand Park City Hall, do send the thanks to your whole team.

Cheers!

Gd health,
Wern
SiTF, PPPO

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for selecting Grand Park City Hall as your preferred venue location for your event recently.

I am pleased to hear that my Catering Sales team as well as my Banquet staff has excelled in their service enabling your events on both dates to be a success. I will definitely pass on your compliments to both Janice and Francis.

We will continue to make every effort to do our best so that all guests will have the best experience with us. Thank you once again for your kind patronage and encouraging review. We look forward to welcoming you back to Grand Park City Hall soon.

Reviewed March 8, 2013

4 star rooms excellently kept. Efficient and friendly staff. Had an excellent lunch at grount floor restaurant which had a varied and interesting international menu and was looking forward to breakfast. Disappointed however by poor quality toast machine, no butter, american jelly not proper jam, no marmalade and the coffee was bitter, however the buffet was adequate.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
GPCHExecutiveOffice, General Manager at Grand Park City Hall, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

I am delighted to hear that my team has excelled in their service and that you had a comfortable stay with us. I have also addressed with my F&B Manager on your comments for the buffet breakfast, and have since addressed the shortcomings.

We will continue to make every effort to do our best so that all guests will have a comfortable and memorable stay with us. Thank you once again for your kind patronage and encouragement; we look forward to welcoming you back soon.