I would rate this hotel among th best that I have stayed so far. In line with Andaz Wall Street and Sofitel Bangkok. Granted it is not cheap, although I am using Gold Points, it is lots of points, but I think it is worth it (my wife and kids also agree with me).
1. We are staying in the Club Room, so it comes with daily breakfast and evening 'snack' (not quite full dinner but can get you full anyway). The floor is only accessible to guest so I guess it is pretty secure and quite. Although the lobby can be very crowded.
2. The room is huge and extremely clean, and with a separate small area for work. Wireless connection is amazing. The bathroom is even more wow. The sheets are really soft, and the towels are THICK and soft. My kids will complain if we came back to the hotel after 19:00 because they will feel they do not have enough 'quality' time in the room.
3. The service is great. I am not sure if it is because of the fact that we are staying at the club floor, but no complains from me.
4. The food is also OK, the breakfast and the evening snack.
5. The pool is rather small, although the layout is great if you have kids. There is a section for kids, where you can watch them all the time while you are swimming.
6. Location: Orchard Road, the best area in Singapore for Tourist. And about 100 meters from the entrance to Orchard MRT or 50 meters from Bus stops. Can't ask for anything better. The only drawback of the location is that getting a taxi will cost you an additional $3 or 5$ because it is located ion CBD.
1. With the points we are using I would kind of expect that the 2 twin beds are not really a twin but rather a 'full' or 'queen' size, but unfortunately they are just twin beds. I am travelling with 2 young kids, so it is quite challenging to arrange.
2. Not sure if I should complain about this or not, but I am just trying to do my part for the environment by not washing my towel every day. The towels here are really thick. I came back at 13:00, the room is already made up. I took a quick shower and went out. I came back again around 17:00 and the towels are already being replaced with new ones. Left a note to re-use my towels the next day, but off course I am still getting new ones.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A 5-star luxury city hotel housed in two separate towers in the entertainment & commercial district. Strategically located at the start of Orchard Road in Singapore, in the centre of the city's commercial and entertainment district, just a 30-minute drive from Singapore's Changi Airport. Unwind in one of our 677 luxury rooms and suites. Considered one of the best Singapore luxury hotel, Grand Hyatt Singapore's spacious guestrooms and suites are fitted with every modern convenience required for a comfortable stay, such as generous work desks, luxurious beds and elegant baths. Embark on a culinary adventure at several of the finest restaurants and bars at our Singapore Orchard Road hotel. Relax and fully rejuvenate at Damai, our award-winning spa and fitness centre. The in-house fitness centre features all of the latest equipment to help guests keep up with their fitness regime or enjoy a leisurely dip in the outdoor swimming pool surrounded by lush greenery. Grand Hyatt Singapore, mezza9, Pete's Place and StraitsKitchen were also awarded the Certificate of Excellence 2014 by Tripadvisor - making this a consecutive win for the hotel alone, since 2011. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Agoda, Ctrip TA and Hyatt Hotels Corporation so you can book your Grand Hyatt Singapore reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Hyatt Singapore Hotel Singapore
- Singapore Grand Hyatt
- Hyatt Singapore
- Singapore Hyatt
- Hyatt Regency Singapore