“Very good hotel”

Grand Hyatt Singapore
Ranked #40 of 319 Hotels in Singapore
Reviewed April 17, 2014

This is one of the best hotels in town. This is quite my favourite, the gym provides headphones (sanitized) for use and workout options are pretty good. Breakfast is one of the best. One opportunity for improvement in the breakfast area - name the vegetarian items with a label.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
grandhyattsingapore, Hotel Manager at Grand Hyatt Singapore, responded to this reviewResponded April 20, 2014

Dear harinibrk,

Greetings from Grand Hyatt Singapore! We appreciate your feedback and will make improvements for the Breakfast buffet labels to further enhance the dining experience of our valued guests. The team and I hope to have you back with us when you next visit Singapore.

Hotel Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (3,318)

Reviewed April 16, 2014

I may not have full coverage for the title, as I haven't stayed at absolutely
all business hotels in Singapore, but I have stayed at quite a few, and the Grand Hyatt is my favorite. They offer large rooms, a good gym, nice pool, excellent front desk service and a delicious breakfast buffet with everything you can possibly desire of Chinese, Malay, Indian and western breakfast cousine. And Hyatt's loyalty programs is one of the best.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Trond B

Dear Trond B,

Greetings from Grand Hyatt Singapore! We are very happy to note that Grand Hyatt is one of your preferred hotels in Singapore and we certainly look forward to being at your service again soon.

Reviewed April 15, 2014 via mobile

Rooms are nice and spacious. Hotel has a great location close to orchard road. Service is mostly very good.

But the buffet breakfast was the worst I have seen in a 5 star hotel in Asia. No eggs Benedict with the buffet breakfast option, very poor selection of pastries. Also for those people who enjoy bacon and or ham for breakfast this is a halal restaurant so these are not served. Most of the customers seemed to be from indonesia so it suited them. Would recommend other hotels for Western business travelers who like a good breakfast.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank bule122
grandhyattsingapore, Hotel Manager at Grand Hyatt Singapore, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2014

Dear bule122,

Greetings from Grand Hyatt Singapore! We are delighted that you have enjoyed the stay with us. However, I regret to read of your disappointment on the dining experience and taking this opportunity, I would like to share with you that Straits Kitchen is a local concept restaurant that embraces a multicultural environment. Hence, due to the restaurant’s Halal certification, we are unable to serve bacon and other non-halal items. This is also the reason why we are unable to even have a special station since the entire kitchen and public areas of Straits Kitchen are required to be compliant in order to keep the certification. I sincerely regret that this information has not been communicated to you effectively by our team members. The team and I greatly value your continued support and are looking forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back again soon!

Reviewed April 15, 2014 via mobile

Everything was top class!
The rooms were really lovely, and always clean.
Beds were extremely comfortable.
Gym facilities were excellent and top class.
My only complaint is the queues in the morning for breakfast were extremely long, so I suggest going for breakfast early!

Stayed: December 2013

Dear NikitaaaaaR17,

I am delighted to learn that you have enjoyed your stay. Taking your positive review and constructive feedback on board, we will continue to strive towards achieving excellence in service and facilities. On the other hand, I regret to note of the inconvenience you have encountered due to the breakfast queue. This has been addressed with our Food & Beverage team who will duly review the service sequence of this area for further improvement.

The team at Grand Hyatt Singapore looks forward to welcoming you again for another memorable hotel experience in the near future.

Reviewed April 13, 2014

In short, perfect location, all the facilities you would want, a property that has been around for a long time, but constantly and tastefully modernized; an old lady that ages most gracefully. Rooms are renovated very nicely and massive in size. Very good quality breakfast at the club lounge.
Staff is fantastic. Had problems with the internet connection in my specific room. The duty manager was up in 5 minutes and installed a mobile wifi connection. Club manager most friendly and very helpful.
I spend 130+ nights in hotels per year. One of the few places I can feel at home when traveling. Highly recommended. Full score. No flaws.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
grandhyattsingapore, Hotel Manager at Grand Hyatt Singapore, responded to this reviewResponded April 13, 2014

Dear montgolfier,

It’s our greatest pleasure to have you as our guest and I am pleased that we have lived up to your expectations. The team at Grand Hyatt Singapore joins me in extending our heartfelt gratitude for your appreciation towards our effort in creating a grand hotel experience. We hope to welcome you back again when you next visit the Lion City!

Reviewed April 11, 2014

Stayed here with colleagues on business trip for 4 nights in a Grand King room on the 10th floor. Check-in and Check-out was professional and seamless.

The room was very clean, well fitted out for business needs with a dedicated desk area and a much needed decent wardrobe/drawers. The bathroom was well designed with a large vanity, seperate make-up area with mirrors and bright lighting and a bath, shower, and enclosed toilet. Wi-fi was okay. The laundry service was efficient and delivered beautifully, housekeeping came to check half way through my stay to ensure everything was going well. I used the gym facilities once and these were good, some mats for the weights area would have been helfpul, I believe they do have these on request. Unfortunately I didn't have time to experience the spa.

Breakfast was good, they had gluten free bread with a dedicated toaster and an al a carte egg station. I ate several lunches in different restaurants. Pete's Place was very nice (GF pasta!), mezza9 was my favourite (Tuna fillet was sensational), Straits Kitchen made a lovely Salmon dish for me. A colleague and I enjoyed the pool on our first day and ordered an amazing vietnamese style salad from Oasis, yummy Singapore Slings and although we never made it to the Martini Bar, I believe the delicious Lychee Martini's I enjoyed by the pool where from the bar. I lost a ring whilst at the pool, and didn't have time to report it due to an evening business function and a hectic schedule. I later reported it one evening (10pm) towards the end of my stay and Alvin in Security immediately assisted with retrieving the ring from under floorboards next to the pool with an engineer and another staff member. Their service went above and beyond, and was immencely appreciated as the ring had sentimental value to me. The function areas were great, and the food provided for morning and afternoon tea was enjoyed by everyone, we were spoilt.

The location is ideal, Orchard road is on your doorstop and the Ion Orchard shopping centre is a quick 3 min walk away via the underpass! I loved 'Promod' in the Paragon shopping centre and H&M store further down Orchard road for reasonable prices.

Recommend visiting Wild Honey (www.wildhoney.com.sg) for breakfast, lots of options and a relaxed atmosphere. Perfect before shopping on Orchard Rd. We also enjoyed cocktails and drinks at Ku De Ta Singapore one evening, amazing views!

I had a wonderful experience at the Grand Hyatt Singapore with their flawless service as did my colleagues and I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
grandhyattsingapore, Hotel Manager at Grand Hyatt Singapore, responded to this reviewResponded April 14, 2014

Dear sukiah,

Warm greetings from Grand Hyatt Singapore!

Thank you for sharing such a detailed review about your hotel experience. I am very delighted to note that you were pleased with our services and you have enjoyed the stay with us. The team and I greatly value your continued support and are looking forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back again soon!

Reviewed April 10, 2014

Check in/Check Out: Easy process, good polite service overall.
Room: Clean with modern décor.
Bed: Mattress decent, clean sheets and standard pillows.
Bathroom: Well-equipped and clean – Con: a very tight shower cubicle / Bonus: Water from tap in bathroom safe to drink (although Singapore tap water generally safe to drink anywhere).
Wi-Fi: Very good signal in rooms.
TV: Good yet standard channel options - Con: poor reception quality with most channels.
Breakfast: Full buffet with good mix of cuisines and a great juice bar (some juices at additional cost).
In-house Restaurant / including poolside: Great food overall and a good selection of drinks at ‘Martini Bar’ – Con: a bit too pricy even for ‘hotel’ prices.
Pool/Recreation: Nice surroundings and good water temperature in pool - Con: small swimming area and water depth a bit too shallow for a main pool / Great tennis court area.
Spa and Salon: onsite although did not get to it - Con: Checked prices but way too high compare to other hotel spas I’ve used.
Hotel Location: Bustling and centrally located within the city.
Shopping: Plenty of branded stores and malls, all within walking distance of hotel - Con: don’t expect to find many bargains, Singapore pricing quite expensive - Although next door to the right of the hotel is a 'budget style' 5 story mall which has clothing, shoes, and plenty of beautician stores (nails, hairdressers, etc) – pricing reasonable and generally decent service – although majority of stores open around 1:00 pm.
Street Food / Restaurants: Excellent food choices and pricing is cheap to reasonable.
Overall: Definitely a recommended hotel.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business

Dear Valerija_K,

Thank you for choosing Grand Hyatt Singapore and for sharing your experience with us. It is a great pleasure to note your satisfaction with the overall experience. Your feedback on the pricing structure has been shared with the Management team and we will ensure that our prices remain competitive. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!