“Warm staffs, spacious room, super clean bathroom”

Grand Hyatt Singapore
Ranked #43 of 317 Hotels in Singapore
Reviewed April 1, 2014

Stayed there around Christmas with husband, sister and our 5 months old baby. (4th stay here). Hotel was crowded hence the long queue in reception desk but still efficient and courteous. We were upgraded to Club Deluxe King room because I requested for a baby crib and less noisy room. Construction is heard during the day however it wasn't unbearable. Bathroom is always immaculate and ammeneties refilled. Wifi is a bonus as I'm a Hyatt passport member. A box of water bottles was provided to us as we have a baby that was generous! Breakfast buffet was always a spread and willing to accomodate baby (in stroller).
Strategically located in shopping malls, cafes, restaurants and 7 eleven. Fave hotel for visits in Singapore!!!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
grandhyattsingapore, Hotel Manager at Grand Hyatt Singapore, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2014

Dear Tryjadi,
Warm greetings from Grand Hyatt Singapore! Thank you for taking the time to share your stay experience with us and the readers. We are very happy that you and your family have enjoyed the visit and were impressed with the service delivered by the team. Rest assured that your kind feedback has been shared with the team who is most appreciative and encouraged. Meantime, we look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you and family back again soon.

Reviewed March 31, 2014

Have stayed over 10 different times in the past 3 years and find the hotel to meet Hyatt's standards and enjoy the visits .. a very relaxing sanctuary when returning from India . Maybe coming in from India makes it seem even better then it is .loll
Its my hotel of choice in Singapore and have not found anything to complain about plus the massages are just what the doctor orders and I am a doctor so it works for me .

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
grandhyattsingapore, Hotel Manager at Grand Hyatt Singapore, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2014

Dear DrTomG

Thank you for choosing Grand Hyatt Singapore and highlighting many positive points about its standards and services. It warms our hearts to know that we are the Hyatt hotel of your choice!

We definitely look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed March 31, 2014

The location is superb, right in the center of the cbd. You can get to many malls just by walking. Chekcing in was fast, im in my room in no time. Staffs were all friendly, as expected. Really enjoyed a night here, a lot of food to be chosen from the room too.

Must try the martini bar in the lobby, great taste. Cosmopolitan is recommended,

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
grandhyattsingapore, Hotel Manager at Grand Hyatt Singapore, responded to this reviewResponded March 31, 2014

Dear Freij,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on our hotel. We greatly appreciate your comments and your referral is our biggest compliment. We hope to welcome you back to Grand Hyatt Singapore in the near future.

Reviewed March 28, 2014 via mobile

Got a rude treatment while waiting for a taxi after dinner. He insisted we show him a 'taxi card' to prove that we were hotel guests. Upon showing him the proof he insisted we gave all of our taxi cards to him. He was very friendly to the foreigners in the taxi line but for some reason picked on us locals. Not sure if there's an anti-discrimination policy by the hotel and whether their staff were properly trained. Quite shocked that they made a huge deal out of who's lining up at their taxi stand. I'm planning to throw away my Hyatt passport membership card after this incident!

Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
5  Thank Esmip
grandhyattsingapore, Hotel Manager at Grand Hyatt Singapore, responded to this reviewResponded March 30, 2014

Dear Esmip,

Thank you very much for taking the time out in writing this review for us.

I apologise on behalf of the team member whom you have interacted with, as he had most definitely failed to portray an acceptable level of professionalism. We strive to offer authentic hospitality to every single one of our guests – both for dining and in-house, and in providing the best for our guests, we have implemented this taxi card system to ensure that the priority for taxis is given to our guests and not to the public. However, the manner in which you were treated was definitely unacceptable. Please be assured that your feedback is taken very seriously and I have highlighted your comments to the respective Department Managers. We will definitely work towards improving on this area.

Meanwhile, the team and I look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back again in the near future.

Reviewed March 25, 2014

I stayed at the hotel from 19/3/2014 - 24/03/2014. On Friday I got stuck in the lifts. It took the staff and technician over an hour to rescue me. All I received was an apology and no compensation was provided. Also my brand new dress and expensive sunglasses disappeared from the hotel room. I wouldn't recommend anyone to stay here.

9  Thank sweetshassy
Reviewed March 23, 2014

Have stayed many times in the Grand Hyatt in Singapore and have always been very satisfied. This time was not different from the past. Great attention to the small details. Staff are well trained and attentive. The Hotel Manager is always present. Nothing I could complain about and it is not easy to keep this level of excellence. Well done!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
grandhyattsingapore, Hotel Manager at Grand Hyatt Singapore, responded to this reviewResponded March 23, 2014

Dear Yves H,

Thank you very much for your kind review of our establishment! Encouraging messages such as yours help motivate and inspire our team’s commitment to exceeding customer expectations every time. Your kind feedback is testimony of how well we have done in this respect and we certainly look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel soon!

Reviewed March 20, 2014

We recently stayed (with two kids) in this hotel the end of last month with a club room. The first day was ok, we had breakfast downstairs at the straitskitchen and light dinner at the club lounge upstairs, they served finger food (sushi etc), dessert and hot dish as well... the second day we tried breakfast upstairs at the club lounge (which was not many varieties of food in there for breakfast) then I asked one of the staff nicely if I they have half an avocado available in the kitchen, then she told me that she will ask the chef in the kitchen, then a male staff came to us with his eye brow like scrunching up with uncaring tone (obviously he doesn't like it) said they don't have it... Really ??? How come the other night we had sushi with avocado slices inside it ? Just doesn't make sense at all. If they don't have it that's another thing, but the way this guy came up approaching us to me it was quite rude and insulting, that one was the second day we already not feeling comfortable in this hotel...

The third day we had light snack again at the club lounge, hopping that I would not see this rude guy again, but unfortunately I saw him there again! When he saw me, he didn't say greeting or anything, obviously he doesn't like me after the avocado request I made, SO RUDE and how UNPROFESSIONAL that is ! *sigh sigh*.

Anyway, here comes the nightmare.. While I was enjoying my dessert, I found two pcs of broken glass inside the dessert small shot glass, feeling worried, feel cheated and I can feel a little bit of glass (like sand) on my teeth and straight away I went to toilet to washed my mouth.

Made a complaint, no one came up to explain how those two pc's broken glass ended up inside my dessert ? and what really pissed me off that I gave a little bit of that dessert to my daughter :( how come a lounge of 5 star hotel like hyatt failing to properly inspect it's cooking equipment and ensure that all kind of food they make could be eaten safely in there ??? if something happen with me or my daughter later on, I definitely would discuss this with my lawyer. I've never experience this anywhere on earth especially with 5 star hotel like Grand Hyatt ! So please AVOID this hotel at all cost, find other nice hotel in Singapore that really care about their guests, not only care about the famous one!!! and obviously there's no Service Quality in this hotel !they offered us an upgrade room for the next visit, really? after all of that ??? there's no way we will come back again and consider to stay! Thank's BUT NO THANK'S!!!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
5  Thank de1724

Dear de1724,

It is indeed concerning to note your disappointment with the experience at the Grand Club Lounge. We apologise for the inconvenience caused and please be rest assured that your valuable feedback is taken very seriously and I have highlighted your comments to our Director of the Food & Beverage team. We are definitely investigating and working to improve these areas, as maintaining our food and beverage quality and hygiene standards are of utmost importance at our hotel.

Meanwhile, we do hope for the chance to welcoming you back to our hotel again.