“Usual perfection”

Ranked #40 of 312 Hotels in Singapore
Bangkok, Thailand
“Usual perfection”
Reviewed March 23, 2014

Have stayed many times in the Grand Hyatt in Singapore and have always been very satisfied. This time was not different from the past. Great attention to the small details. Staff are well trained and attentive. The Hotel Manager is always present. Nothing I could complain about and it is not easy to keep this level of excellence. Well done!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
grandhyattsingapore, Hotel Manager at Grand Hyatt Singapore, responded to this review, March 23, 2014
Dear Yves H,

Thank you very much for your kind review of our establishment! Encouraging messages such as yours help motivate and inspire our team’s commitment to exceeding customer expectations every time. Your kind feedback is testimony of how well we have done in this respect and we certainly look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel soon!

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (454)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
  • Vietnamese first
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed March 20, 2014

We recently stayed (with two kids) in this hotel the end of last month with a club room. The first day was ok, we had breakfast downstairs at the straitskitchen and light dinner at the club lounge upstairs, they served finger food (sushi etc), dessert and hot dish as well... the second day we tried breakfast upstairs at the club lounge (which was not many varieties of food in there for breakfast) then I asked one of the staff nicely if I they have half an avocado available in the kitchen, then she told me that she will ask the chef in the kitchen, then a male staff came to us with his eye brow like scrunching up with uncaring tone (obviously he doesn't like it) said they don't have it... Really ??? How come the other night we had sushi with avocado slices inside it ? Just doesn't make sense at all. If they don't have it that's another thing, but the way this guy came up approaching us to me it was quite rude and insulting, that one was the second day we already not feeling comfortable in this hotel...

The third day we had light snack again at the club lounge, hopping that I would not see this rude guy again, but unfortunately I saw him there again! When he saw me, he didn't say greeting or anything, obviously he doesn't like me after the avocado request I made, SO RUDE and how UNPROFESSIONAL that is ! *sigh sigh*.

Anyway, here comes the nightmare.. While I was enjoying my dessert, I found two pcs of broken glass inside the dessert small shot glass, feeling worried, feel cheated and I can feel a little bit of glass (like sand) on my teeth and straight away I went to toilet to washed my mouth.

Made a complaint, no one came up to explain how those two pc's broken glass ended up inside my dessert ? and what really pissed me off that I gave a little bit of that dessert to my daughter :( how come a lounge of 5 star hotel like hyatt failing to properly inspect it's cooking equipment and ensure that all kind of food they make could be eaten safely in there ??? if something happen with me or my daughter later on, I definitely would discuss this with my lawyer. I've never experience this anywhere on earth especially with 5 star hotel like Grand Hyatt ! So please AVOID this hotel at all cost, find other nice hotel in Singapore that really care about their guests, not only care about the famous one!!! and obviously there's no Service Quality in this hotel !they offered us an upgrade room for the next visit, really? after all of that ??? there's no way we will come back again and consider to stay! Thank's BUT NO THANK'S!!!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
5 Thank de1724
Dear de1724,

It is indeed concerning to note your disappointment with the experience at the Grand Club Lounge. We apologise for the inconvenience caused and please be rest assured that your valuable feedback is taken very seriously and I have highlighted your comments to our Director of the Food & Beverage team. We are definitely investigating and working to improve these areas, as maintaining our food and beverage quality and hygiene standards are of utmost importance at our hotel.

Meanwhile, we do hope for the chance to welcoming you back to our hotel again.

Hong Kong, China
Reviewed March 19, 2014 via mobile

Got upgraded to a suite,plenty of breakfast selection,so close to Subway,shopping malls. Convenient and good value :)
It's a busy hotel,the last time I came to Singpore was 1985,it was there then. I would come again.

• Stayed March 2014
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed March 19, 2014

Stayed here for 3 nights, the deluxe rooms were spacious with a seperate lounge area. Twin room has 2 single beds, not doubles. Located very close to Orchard Road & major shopping centres. Customer service was excellent & nothing a problem. Would definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: We were on the 10th floor, couldn't hear any noise from anywhere!
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
grandhyattsingapore, Hotel Manager at Grand Hyatt Singapore, responded to this review, March 20, 2014
Dear xfactor5,

Thank you for your positive review. We are glad that you enjoyed your visit and we are dedicated to making Grand Hyatt Singapore the world’s most magnificent destination for business, leisure and entertainment. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Bali, Indonesia
Reviewed March 18, 2014

i wanted to say to the all the staff thank you for making my stay comfortable and pleasant.
we were in Singapore for my son 7th birthday and he had a blast staying there.
the birthday cake & present was great but the highlight was the surprise your "strait kitchen" staff gave during our breakfast that made him speechless.
coming back there as the 4th time visit , service was great as I expected .

the only let down were :
1) elevator security system was a little confusing ( it's either card in , floor number & card out or card in and out then floor number)
2) key card was also a little hassle to get into the my room. i had to put in & out several times to get a green light.
3) I had to pay a big amount of taxi fare when we went to the airport.
I didn't realize and/or maybe your staff forgot to inform us that there would be an extra fee of booking fee when you requested a taxi through the hotel and an after hours fee when you get it at 5AM ( I had a early flight going back)
overall it remained one of my favorite hotel when I go to Singapore

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
grandhyattsingapore, Hotel Manager at Grand Hyatt Singapore, responded to this review, March 19, 2014
Dear eclipse1172,

Warm greetings from Grand Hyatt Singapore!

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us.

I am very pleased to note that your son had enjoyed his 7th birthday celebration during the stay with us. We are grateful for your kind comments and this will most definitely be shared with the team, to which I am certain it would serve to inspire and motivate them even more.

On the other hand, please be rest assured that I have also reminded the team to be more conscientious and precise when assisting our guests and conveying the information of the services and facilities of and related to the hotel.

Meanwhile, we look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back again soon.

Luxembourg City, Luxembourg
Reviewed March 11, 2014

My girlfriend and I stayed there for 4 nights because we had to leave Thailand in order to apply for a new visa. Prior to our arrival, Matilda from concierge did an amazing job in booking all our restaurants, pick-up service and tickets for universal studios. During our stay the rest of the concierge staff did an amazing job and even remembered our names. I am studying hotel management in Switzerland and worked for some other 5 star brands, therefore I was a little bit worried about how you can assure personalized service for a hotel with over 700 rooms. But all doubts were left behind, the hotel was clean and the food just amazing. We had the best Sunday brunch ever at Mezza9, the choice is so huge and the service truly worth a 5 star hotel. I wish we could have spoken to a manager and have a small chat about how they are able to deliver this amazing service throughout such a hotel without any major defects.
The only a little bit more negative thing would be the Housekeeping, I know from personal experience it is not always the easiest job but once we entered the room while it was being cleaned we saw the new clean pillow cases lying on the floor, the Housekeeping staff picked it up straight away and knew we saw it. Also the cleanliness in the bathroom especially the bathtub could have been a little better as we found two hair in there from the previous guests, which should not really happen in a 5 star hotel.
But those small issues aside this hotel has an amazing location at Orchard road and is absolutely stunning. The value for money is amazing if you are looking for a nice, modern, and well managed hotel with friendly staff.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Mike E
grandhyattsingapore, Hotel Manager at Grand Hyatt Singapore, responded to this review, March 13, 2014
Dear Mike E,

Warm greetings from Grand Hyatt Singapore!

I am most delighted to learn that you and your partner have enjoyed the stay with us.

Thank you also for commending our Concierge team and it will definitely be a pleasure to share your lovely feedback with them.

We have also reminded our Room Attendants to be more conscientious with their daily duties.

Meanwhile, the team and I look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back again in the near future.

Falls Church, Virginia
Reviewed March 9, 2014

This was my first time in Singapore. The hotel is situated in a central location downtown close to shopping. Walking is made easy with the wide streets and under and pedestrian overpasses.

The rooms are comfortable and appeared to be recently updated. Be mindful about noise emanating from the bar/club next to the hotel. My original room was on the 9th floor and the first two nights I could hear the “thumping” from the bass until about 3:00 am. When I informed the management, they promptly moved me to a higher floor and I had no problems.

Breakfast was good serving traditional Western foods, Chinese favorites and SE Asia specialties.

Besides this minor issue, which was resolved when I brought to the hotel staff; I enjoyed my stay and would look to stay again when I visit Singapore next.

Room Tip: Try to get a high room (above the 9th floor) due to noise from the bar next door.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
grandhyattsingapore, Hotel Manager at Grand Hyatt Singapore, responded to this review, March 10, 2014
Dear MWYoung,

Thank you for your sharing your review.

We greatly appreciate your compliments on the hotel’s service, dining experience, ambience and the convenience of the location and will be delighted to share your kind feedback with our team.

Thank you for choosing Grand Hyatt Singapore and we look forward to welcoming you back soon!