“Grand Hyatt didn't fail me for 2nd stay”

Grand Hyatt Singapore
Ranked #42 of 312 Hotels in Singapore
Surabaya, Indonesia
“Grand Hyatt didn't fail me for 2nd stay”
Reviewed November 16, 2013

Back to Singapore for leisure with family, and didn't look anything else to stay. Check-in was smooth and upgraded to Grand Room, which located at the back of the hotel.

Stayed 4 nights here and nothing but satisfied. Location is superb, next to Far East shopping mall.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank JohnyHauw
grandhyattsingapore, Hotel Manager at Grand Hyatt Singapore, responded to this review, November 17, 2013
Dear JohnyHauw,

Greetings from Grand Hyatt Singapore! It is indeed a pleasure to read reviews from satisfied guests. We truly appreciate your support for Grand Hyatt and are looking forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back when you next visit Singapore.

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (455)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
  • Vietnamese first
Fleet, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 16, 2013 via mobile

Room was very comfortable, modern and with all the facilities I need when travelling. Hotel staff were friendly and helpful. Food in restaurants was also very good. the Mezza9 has a great variety and excellent wine list. I'll be back!

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Dear Nunnyboy,

Greetings from Grand Hyatt Singapore! We are happy to learn that you have had a pleasant experience while staying with us and are looking forward to your return again!

Bordeaux, France
Reviewed November 15, 2013 via mobile

1st time in Singapore on business... Poor internet in rooms but service and staff make up for it . Buffet at main restaurant surprising lots of everythg of very good quality. Bar very cosy, club very nice with lots of night ladies, but not harrassing if u are not interested. Smoke only in provided areas. Rooms very spacious and even if a bit old, in good conditions. Had to interrupt stay due to my wife giving birth :) overall nice place to be and a special note to housekeeping for friendliness

• Stayed March 2013
Dear jmtjmtjmt,

Greetings from Grand Hyatt Singapore! We appreciate your review and will definitely work on improving our Internet connectivity. In addition, we will re-look into our security measures within BRIX since solicitation is not tolerated by the management and will constantly strive to ensure that the environment remains comfortable, driven by our live music and cheerful atmosphere. Meantime, we look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back again.

Hong Kong
Reviewed November 11, 2013

Excellent check-in, lounge service but small things matter at this level.

It has been some time since I have visited the gym in the Singapore Hyatt, but I did today and I am disappointed. If you have a book, a magazine, a kindle, an iPad - good luck as the gym here is only for tv watches with tbs so low you'll get a crick in your neck. I was in another gym recently which had some of the latest Life Fitness equipment and the tv was high - where it should be if you are running and and so was the ledge for reading.

But here at the Hyatt in Singapore the equipment is old and poor quality. A great shame. One other thing - milk. If the Hyatt in KL can do it - can't the Singapore Hyatt get a few cartons of milk in the fridge at these room rates for anyone who wants to make a coffee/tea?

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
grandhyattsingapore, Hotel Manager at Grand Hyatt Singapore, responded to this review, November 12, 2013
Dear StevieHK,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review about Grand Hyatt Singapore and I appreciate your feedback on the condition of gym equipment and its layout. Your feedback on the milk has been shared with the team and we will review our standards accordingly. I look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel soon.

Reviewed November 6, 2013

Excellent rooms and very courteous staff. They upgraded me to deluxe as my original room was not ready in the morning. Although the staff warned me that there is some renovation going on two floors above my room but frankly I did not hear anything. The room i was allotted was a huge one with split rooms for living n bedroom. As a business traveller I didn't really need such a huge room but for a family of four people the room would be ideal.
I also ordered for room service and the food was especially Italian was excellent.

Would recommend the hotel any time one would like to visit Singapore.

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank AnkurMunjal
grandhyattsingapore, Hotel Manager at Grand Hyatt Singapore, responded to this review, November 7, 2013
Dear AnkurMunjal,

Greetings from Grand Hyatt Singapore! We are very pleased to read your lovely review and it is reassuring to note that you will recommend Grand Hyatt Singapore as one of your preferred hotel stays. The team and I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Hong Kong
Reviewed November 5, 2013

Stayed at the Grand Hyatt for a long weekend in October. We booked the club room so we could have a roll away bed in the living room for our daughter and private bedroom for us.
Very nice welcome on arrival, separate check in area and nice clean big room. Pool looks lovely and gym is great. Location is very good. Just a few minutes to Orchard Road with lots of shopping and restaurants. The club lounge was great – super friendly service and really liked the food. We went there daily for breakfast and early evening snacks and drinks. It was no problem to take our 9 year old with us. Definitely worse to spend the extra money on the club room especially when travelling with children. Overall very nice stay.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Pufflerd
grandhyattsingapore, Hotel Manager at Grand Hyatt Singapore, responded to this review, November 6, 2013
Dear Pufflerd,

Greetings from Grand Hyatt Singapore! Thank you for your lovely review of our hotel and services. It is indeed a pleasure to read that you and your family have enjoyed the stay with us. We definitely look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

New Delhi, India
Reviewed November 4, 2013

Please note i said : one of the best and not the best. I had my fare share of ups and downs. Let me explain in detail

Pro's
1) Excellent location: I have stayed in PanPacific Serviced suites. Its just walking distance from there. This is in the heart of tourist road- Orchid Road

2) Great Room: I had a Suite ( 1 bedroom & 1 living room) Really liked it.

3) excellent room amenities (Deo, Hair Gel et al ): not sure if it is specific to Suite or common across all room types.

4) Breakfast: Great spread, had separate section islands for all different country food. A specific vast Indian Food array delighted me. I am told this Hotel does not serve Pork. I was good with it, others may miss it

5) Taxi - excellent arrangement for taxi while coming in or Out.

6) Excellent Night Club in Basement : ( night out for single men) Free entry for stay over patrons

CONS
1) Pathetic reception service : I was asked to wait 2 hrs beyond the normal check in time, as " rooms were not ready" Not happy with the attitude

2) Pathetic Reception service: I was told that i will be called on cellphone to let me know when the room would be ready. I had to return and ask, i didnt receive any call

3) Pathetic Reception Service: The lady took USD 100 as security amount and only mentioned $100 on receipt. I had to go back and make sure she did not mean Singa $.

4) Absolute Pathetic Reception Service: The lady lost my bags which i had given for safe keeping while i was waiting for room to get ready. They did acknowledged the mistake and took 1 hour to find the bags, in the meantime i was praying for its return.

The girl on reception was sitting on " Platinum members" counter and admitted she was there for only 2 weeks and this was her first job. No offence but i suggest there should be a mentor with her.

Not sure is this a regular affair but it kind of nearly destroyed my confidence in Hyatt, Singapore

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank YuvaTraveller
grandhyattsingapore, Hotel Manager at Grand Hyatt Singapore, responded to this review, November 5, 2013
Dear Varun J,

Greetings from Grand Hyatt Singapore! Thank you for your review and sharing your experience with us. We are glad that you enjoyed the accommodation, breakfast and atmosphere in the BRIX bar. Nonetheless, we regret to note the lapses in service rendered by the Front Office team. You can have my assurance that the issues as highlighted are definitely isolated episodes. We certainly will review the service sequence of this area to ensure that the team provides our guests with most efficient services. Meantime, we look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back again.