“Makes you feel most welcomed”

Grand Hyatt Singapore
Ranked #40 of 319 Hotels in Singapore
Reviewed September 4, 2013 via mobile

Last minute booking by secretary for standard room. When checking in was given free upgrade to deluxe as first time stay. Very fine attention to detail with asking room condition and anything staff can render. Complimentary pressing and shoe shine. Big variety spread for breakfast buffet.

• Stayed: September 2013
grandhyattsingapore, Hotel Manager at Grand Hyatt Singapore, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2013

Dear Wolv3rin3,

Greetings from Grand Hyatt Singapore!

Thank you for sharing your recent experience at our hotel. It is always a great pleasure to hear from a happy customer. Messages such as yours will only reinforce Grand Hyatt Singapore's team commitment to exceeding customer expectations. Your kind feedback is testimony of how well we have done in this respect. It would be my pleasure to share your encouraging comments with the team, which I am certain will further motivate them to strive for service excellence. We are most privileged to have your continued support, and we look forward to welcoming you back to Grand Hyatt Singapore in the near future.

Hotel Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (3,318)

Reviewed September 3, 2013

I usaully love staying at this hotel however this last stay was very disappointing. The hotel is under renovation and has been for a long time. This was my 4th stay during the renovations. However I was disappointed with the service this time. The club rooms lounge was always crowded and I had to keep asking for a turned down service. I found the front desk staff not heplful and at times was not able to book a table in the Straights Kitchen for dinner as it was always booked---the hotel should keep some tables for guest. As this is one of the most expensive hotels in Singapore and the fact that I stayed for 9 nights I dont believe this is good enough. I visit Singapore often and will be looking to stay elswhere.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Dear ringo-cap,

Greetings from Grand Hyatt Singapore!

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us and first of all, I would like to express my regret that your fourth stay was not up to expectations. It is disheartening to note the lapses in service rendered by the team. Rest assured that focus trainings will definitely be conducted to ensure our team members are well trained to deliver the most efficient services to our guests.

We greatly value your continued support of the hotel and we certainly look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed September 2, 2013

We stayed here for a week so had the full time to check out everything and everything was top class. The guys in the Club were very good, the staff at the pool awesome and generally everyone made us feel welcome. We were celebrating 45 years of marriage and the staff at Mezzanine restaurant went out of their way to make it a memorable night. Even produced a surprise cake.
The pool was a welcome relief from the heat. A special mention of Kylie who looked after our needs with superb efficiency and friendliness. In the club a young waitress called Grace was also really good - note to manager make sure you keep her.
One downside. On the first night in the club one of the managers (Radan I think) abused one of the young guys in front of all the guests, now I don't know what he did but this is not a good practice. During the week we kept an eye on the staff member - Guna - and he was absolutely one of the best "waiters" we have ever come across, I would swear he could mind read our needs. If there are staff awards then he should get one.
Finally even though renovations were going on we hardly noticed them.

Room Tip: Talk nicely to the people checking you in and don't bully them.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
grandhyattsingapore, Hotel Manager at Grand Hyatt Singapore, responded to this reviewResponded September 2, 2013

Dear welshwizardCanb,

Greetings from Grand Hyatt Singapore!

Thank you for posting this excellent review. We are very grateful for your appreciation of the service which indeed is our biggest asset. In addition, we have taken good note of your concern about one of our team member’s behavior. Please rest assured that we will look into this matter accordingly for further improvement. We look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future!

Reviewed August 31, 2013

this hotel has it all, top quality food - check out the open air grill on the 2nd floor, a cigar room in the bar upstairs. Around the corner is Brix nightclub for good beer at reasonable prices and live entertainment.

Room Tip: Book the car service (Jet Quay) from the airport - it's worth it. They pick you up at the gate...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
grandhyattsingapore, Hotel Manager at Grand Hyatt Singapore, responded to this reviewResponded September 1, 2013

Dear AndreK4,

Greetings from Grand Hyatt Singapore!

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I am extremely delighted to hear that we could impress you and make your stay a special one. We look forward to having you with us.

Reviewed August 30, 2013

Next to the Orchard Rd, it is an ideal location. Currently going through the renovation, but did not bother me at all. I got a room facing the back, so that was great. Professional service at the spa as you expect. Staff are very friendly and eager to help you.

Regarding the room, I was on the 8th floor, but the bathtub was deep and wide, had good amenities, king size bed was comfortable. Small thing, but they had a Chinese/Japanese tea pot set as well. That was a nice touch.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room due renovation, maybe on the back, not in the front.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
grandhyattsingapore, Director of Rooms at Grand Hyatt Singapore, responded to this reviewResponded September 2, 2013

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to share your overall experience with us. We are delighted that you had a pleasant stay and I am also glad that you were able to take some time off to enjoy a spa treatment. We certainly hope that you will return for a visit soon.

Kind regards,
Chikako Shimizu
Director of Rooms

Reviewed August 29, 2013

Booked this hotel for one week based on Travel advisor reviews. Location was perfect and initially happy with quality of room. I used Skype everyday to keep in touch with business and family, but the problems with the hotels wi-fi was a real pain. Every time I logged off I had to re login again as a new user, and the max use was three days at a time. Room service was very poor, a bucket of ice took 45 minutes to arrive at the room. Breakfast is expensive so you expect it to be good and it was but the staff in the breakfast room were off hand and rude and only interested in your room number!

Room Tip: Dont book a smoking room as they tend to be the worst located.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
grandhyattsingapore, Hotel Manager at Grand Hyatt Singapore, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2013

Dear France H,

Greetings from Grand Hyatt Singapore!

I am very sorry to hear of your experience at our hotel. Our priority is to take care of our guests' needs and we apologise for falling short during your stay with us.
Thank you once again for your valuable feedback.

Reviewed August 28, 2013

My family and I are from the UAE and stay at the Grand Hyatt recently. I will like to comment rooms, facilities and location is very good. But my visit was badly disturbed by the very rude and slow service by some of your staffs at the coffee lounge at the lobby floor next to the Straits Kitchen.

It is obvious to my family that they provide better service to other guests who are not from the Middle East. We are constantly ignored and served by very rude waitresses. We were so upset that we were treated so poorly by your staffs. Even the lady assistant manager was rude.

I will not recommend this hotel to any of my family or friends.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank Nasser A

Dear Nasser A,

Greetings from Grand Hyatt Singapore!

Thank you for your valuable comments.

I was naturally concerned to read your feedback about the service experience you highlighted in our restaurant and have conveyed your comments to the department head concerned. I would like to assure you that our Food & Beverage team is committed to review the service in our dining venues to enhance the overall dining experience.

It would be a pleasure to have you again as our guest to let you experience the true Hyatt service.