“Amazing service and top hotel”

Grand Hyatt Singapore
Ranked #43 of 317 Hotels in Singapore
Reviewed August 1, 2013

We feel very blessed to have had an amazing experience staying in the Grand Hyatt. Right by a train station and in the heart of shopping heaven, its a wonderful hotel. The service was brilliant and very personal, they went out of their way to treat us like royalty. I was celebrating a special birthday and we got up graded to a suite and access to the club lounge as well as a fab birthday cake. The breakfast on the ground floor was amazing and so much to choose from. We have stayed in many hotels before but never seen a breakfast variety like this one. The décor was stunning too and made the experience breathtaking. It was really like having breakfast in a 5 star restaurant. The staff are fantastic and service was spot on. The spa is beautiful and very relaxing, you will not be disappointed. The pool area was very green and peaceful. The hotel has a lovely feel about it....although it needed a lick of paint outside the building we really could not fault this hotel at all. When I asked for a hair brush (which I had forgotten) I got this delivered straight away. I hope you all have a very pleasant stay in the Grand Hyatt like we did.

Room Tip: Breakfast is a must. Spa is very relaxing.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
grandhyattsingapore, Hotel Manager at Grand Hyatt Singapore, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2013

Dear Olive92,

Greetings from Grand Hyatt Singapore!

Thank you very much for your lovely review regarding your experience with us. I am delighted that you were impressed with the service delivered by the team and we definitely look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Best regards,

Olivier Lenoir
Hotel Manager

Reviewed July 31, 2013

Grand Hyatt is expensive. I read many of the reviews in tripadvisor where there are more positive than negative reviews so I decided to try it out.

Overall it was an excellent stay for 5 days. The location is unbeatable in the middle of the Orchard road shopping. All the major malls are within 5 minutes of walk and it is important given the weather in Singapore is hot and humid.

Despite Hyatt has advertised it is getting renovation I did not hear a single noise from the remodelling. The room is clean and spacious as advertised in the pictures. The bed is comfortable and low around my knees so I can sit on the bed and watch TV. (The bed at Conrad Singpaore is up to my chest so you have to climb on top of the bed and hard to sit in front of the TV). The air conditioning is well balanced not too cold at 18 degree (the coldest you can set) but definitely provide a quite refuge from the hot weather and busy Orchard shopping area. Hyatt automatically set up continuous cooling in the room. Also the room is relative sound proof as I cannot hear people taking shower from adjacent room while I was awake in the morning.

I am a Hyatt Visa card holder so internet is free. The speed of the highspeed wireless internet is as fast as my home. You can log in multiple devices-Macbook, iphone... without any charges. The power outlet is optimized to power-chords globally.

I had buffet dinner one night at Hyatt's Straights Kitchen which served 8 different style of regional food. It was excellent. The rest of the time I tried out the foodcourt at ION Orchard and other shopping mall food courts. Did not try the breakfast as I had meetings in the morning and tried not to overeat in the morning. Also there are hundreds of choices from all the food court from around surrounding shopping malls.

I have stayed at the Conrad at Singapore, Hilton Singapore, Pan Pacific Singapore and I think Grand Hyatt is the best among the 4. Hyatt's location is the best point and allows you to rest and take a shower in between shopping among the various mall. Hyatt is more expensive than Conrad Singapore but if you can afford it, a few days of stay at Hyatt for work or business is a luxurious way to visit Singapore.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
Management response:Responded August 2, 2013

Dear SamTheCalifornian,

Thank you for recommending Grand Hyatt Singapore on TripAdvisor. It is a great pleasure to note your satisfaction with the overall experience. We certainly look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back again in the near future.

Best regards,

Olivier Lenoir
Hotel Manager

Reviewed July 31, 2013

We enjoyed our 2-day-stay at Hyatt in Singapore.

Great location smack in the middle of everything - 1 minute walk to the Orchard/Scotts crossing. Shopping, restaurants, MRT subway station - basically everything is close if you're here touristing. Our room mixed modern elements with some furniture and design elements that looked kind of retro 70/80ies in a cool way.

We especially liked the Super Potato designed (japanense design firm) parts of the hotel. Signature large concrete rocks incorporated in the overall design. Really cool.

I liked the design of the Straits Kitchen where we ate breakfast, but the variety and selection of the buffet was a let-down. I missed bacon and some other western household items.

I was kind of surprised that there was no to turn-down in the evening which usually is standard norm at these kind of luxury establishments. No big deal though.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 31, 2013

Grand Hyatt Singapore is a top location. The rooms are very spacious for Singapore and the staff are very helpful. I tried to change some money and the lady at the front desk basically said was I stupid and go to the mall next door and get a good rate. So I did and saved a lot of money. Money changer like 5 minutes away.

The bar makes very good martini. To get to the bar is kind of strange as you walk through the buffet restaurant.

Another quirk is that the card readers in the elevators are not perfect. Seems like elevator 1 and 6 do not work all the time to read your room key. I always tried to get elevator 2,3 or 4.

Also highly recommend that when you go out call housekeeping to service your room. Otherwise you might come back and not be serviced. I think this is a function of how busy the place is.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Perfect location. Excellent service. Free wifi. Swimming pool is on the small size.Breakfast very tasteful. We arrived very early in the morning and our rooms were available, als we requested. Very nice and helpful personnel.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 26, 2013

stayed at grand hyatt for 3 nights and had a great time. hotel's location is surrounded by malls. services were flawless by the staffs. Room spaces was adequate for us with 1 children.
probably the setback was there's no shallow pool for children.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank JohnyHauw
Reviewed July 26, 2013

This hotel is well located for tourists wanting to shop. The Scotts Road location is close to the main shopping strip Orchard Road and not far in he opposite direction to Newton Circus hawkers food area but Singapore is not cheap these days for shopping or the tourist type hawkers food areas. As for the hotel the building is old, at least 40 years old because I worked here in the 70's and it was around then and from the outside it shows it but inside the most recent makeover is really good. My experience this time was great on arrival with a charming young lady meeting the taxi with an ipad type device which had my booking details so we went direct to the room and with a credit card and id check it was all over. I am a frequent visitor to Singapore and have stayed in a number of the better hotels as well as some of the lesser hotels but really compared to many parts of the world hotels here are good at pretty much any star rating so at the top end competition is serious. So far so good - i usually look at the additional cost of the club lounge or equivalent and if you like a drink there can be value in it because even at supermarket prices the cursed drink does cost. Unlike most US executive lounges drinks are included. I chose to pay extra for the club lounge only to find it is undergoing renovation -pity they don't mention that on their web page when you book. There is a fill in, you get to use the regular bar where the hostess puts a little sign on your table saying "club guest". I think this code for avoid this table because they drink free because save for the first drink when I sat down i waited a full hour to be asked if I wanted another but it didn't happen so I left which in the end meant a big price for just one drink. Other than this the hotel room etc is great but my usual hotel is the Conrad, but in the business district, which I will be back to next trip, no such nonsense there you would never be left short of a drink or anything else in its Exec Lounge and the drink and every other service is available all day not just after 6pm - that is SIngapore competition for you. I should also mention there is something that goes on near the hotel that involves loud speakers, I haven't worked it out yet but this part of Singapore is not the peace the capital of the island.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business