“Singapore's best location for shopping and fun”

Grand Hyatt Singapore
Ranked #40 of 312 Hotels in Singapore
Parker, Colorado
“Singapore's best location for shopping and fun”
Reviewed June 26, 2013

Ten years of travel to Singapore, on both business and pleasure, the Grand Hyatt has earned my respect as the best location both. The Singapore MRT station is a short walk, and you can get nearly everywhere on the MRT, quickly and for low cost. The shopping district at Orchard & Scotts road is legendary and the Hyatt is perfectly located for world-class shopping and dining.

The rooms are modern and the beds are very comfortable. If you're lucky enough to have access to the Regency Club, you'll find a lot of staff to assist you with drinks and great food for breakfast and evening canapes.

Everyone at the Grand Hyatt is very friendly, from the girl that may greet you at your taxi upon arrival, and who takes you directly to your room for check-in, thus bypassing the front desk, to the doormen & women who are always there to make you feel welcome.

For some local late night fun, the lounge under the hotel, BRIX, has great live music and a lively display of local talent that is there to entertain as well.

Room Tip: If you want a little more room to relax, get the Executive suite, which has a separate living room w...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (454)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
  • Vietnamese first
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed June 25, 2013

I have stayed at the Grand Hyatt on numerous occasions for a variety of reasons. Not only is the location perfect - right in the heart of the shopping district on Scotts Rd/Orchard Rd, but the foyer is beautifully presented, the hotel has a very relaxing ambience about it. I like to describe it as 'grand' but 'earthy' at the same time and the staff are exceptionally helpful, efficient and friendly.

The rooms are spacious and well designed and the spa services are the best I have ever experienced in a hotel.
I had a full body massage, body scrub and facial at the in-house spa, and I walked away feeling like I had been given a brand new body. Not only were the therapists well presented and polite, but the masseuse that attended to me was the only masseuse that actually pin pointed where the origin of my back pain was coming from, and not only provided me with advice on how to relieve it in the future, she spent additional time just to make sure she had given it enough attention.

The spa staff are highly professional and really, such a credit to the hotel.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Malaysia
Reviewed June 24, 2013

We stayed end May when renovations were ongoing. Didn't hear any noise from renovations and hardly noticed it. The rooms were really spacious (vs similar hotels along orchard), clean and comfy. We asked for a baby cot and it came with a baby bath and shampoo set as well as a little whale soft toy to keep our little one company. Service was good. They would call to check if everything is in order or if the cot has been delivered etc. I only wish it was closer to somerset as I prefer the shops there. Travelling via orchard mrt with 3 young kids is a headache during peak hours and walking to somerset is quite a challenge for them, particularly if they have been out all day at the zoo or sentosa. also, there's no jacuzzi. Apart from that, the hotel is nice!

• Stayed May 2013
New York City, New York
Reviewed June 22, 2013

First off, I am coming from a design perspective. I am a fan of beautiful design, beautiful spaces and beautiful experiences. So, my review will come from that perspective.

The Grand Hyatt Singapore had one of the most cool-looking hotel rooms I've ever seen (see photos I supplied in photo gallery from travelers). I would describe it as a weird but cool mix of Scandinavian and Asian. The wall art/paintings were mediocre and were the only downside to an otherwise well-designed and gorgeous space.

As for the rest of the hotel areas I've seen (gym, business center and in-house restaurants - also see pics I supplied), all were stunning, polished and sophisticated. The dramatic waterfall you'll pass by just to get to the gym is something I'll never forget.

As for what the other reviewers mentioned about the service, I too agree that the level of customer service was very high. Which is an object of beauty in itself.

The downside:
1) The mediocre artwork and photos hung on the walls of my room. The hotel and its amenities are gorgeous, why not make the small details gorgeous as well?
2) Not so much their fault but just bad timing on my part, their garden/courtyard was being reconstructed when I was there. And so, my window view was less than stellar. But come on, is the window view really that important especially if the rest of the hotel is that well-designed and stunning?
3) Their chairs at the lobby need a design update. Hopefully this gets addressed amidst all the renovations the hotel is undergoing.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed June 20, 2013

Although the staff is excellent and goes above and beyond to provide service, the facility is old, tired and uninviting. The room's furniture is sparse bad 80s in design. Our first room given to us should not have been offered to anyone as it was right next to massive construction going on in the hotel. Sounded like a war zone outside. As for a lobby.....there isn't one. There is a huge useless space filled with staffers standing around. Near the "check in" there are 4 chairs in a row where family can wait and by the elevator there are two sets of mismatched furniture providing seating for 4 each. That is it! I tried to get a spa treatment (mani-pedi) during two days while there but could not be scheduled as that staff person wasn't working during those two days. I suggest you limit the number of "standing around" greeters and staff your spa adequately. After all...this is Singapore! Food terribly overpriced except for the basement Italian restaurant. All in all....there are many more places to stay in Singapore...give them a try. We did and are very comfortable now in another hotel!

Room Tip: Good luck with that!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank snlaidlaw
Penang
Reviewed June 19, 2013 via mobile

I have to travel to Singapore every quarter and recently was able to stay in the Grand Hyatt Singapore. I arrived very tired and was looking forward to check in as affected by the haze situation in Singapore.
I must say I was impressed with the check in process as it as so fast within 5 minutes and I mention I was looking for masks as haze. I asked if they can help me buy and was very pleased that a quality mask was delivered to me after I checked in!
The room as always is clean and the surroundings quiet and I am able to get good nights rest. Bed is also very comfortable. I was able to also enjoy the martinis at the bar but must say that the haze makes all look very misty outside!
I think it will be very good if they were to provide some masks for guests who check in during this haze time. It will be a very thoughtful gesture. But otherwise all else is very good and I will continue to stay here when I am in Singapore as I am very comfortable here and pleased with the service.

• Stayed June 2013
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed June 18, 2013

Good:
-You pay a premium for a room here, but you are guaranteed a good sleep that few hotels can assure you.
-Best in room amenities anyone could ask for, many hotels have LG or Samsung(no offence) TVs in the rooms, but Hyatt's TV is branded!!!
-Knowledgeable front office staff.

Bad:
-Hotel's restaurants are expensive.
-Parking is expensive.
-Thanks to "Club at the Hyatt" I was given 1 night stay for free, but due to high occupancy, Hyatt can no longer afford to give us members free nights :(

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family