“Very Grand”

Ranked #42 of 306 Hotels in Singapore
Los Angeles
“Very Grand”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2012

This is the end of our 3 week+ trip and this has been a "very grand" experience at the Grand Hyatt Singapore. From the moment our taxi pulled up to the hotel and a young lady met us with her IPad and ushered us to our 18th Floor "complimentary" suite upgrade for an expedited check-in...everything has been grand. Their Grand Club just above the 20th floor is the best we have ever experienced. The kind service of the staff, especially the Club Manager "Audrey" who does an amazing job managing two Club Lounges at the property, to Isaac and the team, they are all concerned that you are happy and getting everything you need. The food is exceptional...and there are a multitude of choices so you won't go away hungry for sure. You can't go wrong with the property. It is worth every dollar spent. We hope to be back soon...and take Audrey up on her suggestion to visit the new Hyatt property in Malaysia...where a lot of her friends are.

Room Tip: The high floors are great....1805 was exceptional.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (443)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
  • Vietnamese first
Shanghai, China
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2012

Stayed here on my first trip to Singapore and I look forward to staying there again. Staff was very friendly and thoughtful. Especially Isaac who is the lounge manager I believe. I booked a Club Floor Room (which I highly recommend for business travelers) quite convenient for business meetings and to pop in for a drink when you get a break.

Rooms were nice, spacious and had everything I needed. I even forgot my Macbook chargers and they let me bug them everyday for it in the 10 Scotts Lounge.

Location was great for my trip since all my meetings ended up being there cause those I was meeting with preferred to meet me there.

All in all, great experience.

Haleiwa, Hawaii
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2012

This was my third stay at the Grand Hyatt SIngapore.

The hotel has an excellent location and is well managed.
I checked out most restaurants in the hotel and the bar - and I was pleased every time.
The breakfast served in the Hyatt CLub was not fantastic, but good.

The rooms are well appointed. I would have hoped to find more electric outlets close to my desk.
The bed was very comfortable.
The hotel is very well maintained and clean.
Service was very good and efficient.

I would come back to the Grand Hyatt Singapore anytime.

1 Thank eTurboNews
SydneyAustralia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2012

We stayed at the Grand Hyatt Hotel in a Club Floor room in October. 2012 and were very pleased with the service we received from the moment of arrival. All of the staff were helpful and courteous. We were conducted to the Club for checkin and then taken to our room. We found the room was very well equipped (quality toiletries, good storage space and everything worked. The Club provided a nice cocktail evening and the breakfast was more than adequate with a good variety of food. I can thoroughly recommend this hotel to any discerning travellers. The hotel is very well situated (close to shopping and the MRT subway).

Room Tip: Have a room on a high floor overlooking the pool.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank DonandHelen
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2012

I've spent just one night in Grand Hyatt Singapore. Being a loyal guest of Hyatt, the hotel definitely met my expectations in terms of quality of the room, professionalism of the staff and number of ancillary facilities (restaurants, pool, lounge, etc.). The only problem is that the location is not really great. Somewhat far from the very center and close to the Orchard Towers, which is probably one of the worst places in Singapore.
Good for business, but not for tourism.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
Los Angeles
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2012

Overall, the quality of the hotel is fine, if a bit older. However, given the price range that the hotel position itself in, it's mostly due to the location.

Location: Right off Orchard Road, on Scotts Road. It's a couple minutes walk to the nearest MRT, and the ION shopping mall is right around there.

Service: The staff at this hotel are professional, communication will not be an issue.

Food: We did not have a chance to eat at the Straits, but the breakfast in the club lounge was fine. A bit crowded at times, but staff tried their best to give good services. The selections were not huge, but the quality was good.

Gym/Pool: The gym was fully equipped, and the equipment were fine. There was a large, free-form pool in a well landscaped area.

Room: We had the junior suite, and space-wise it was more than adequate. It was clean, but showed its age. I think the room is in the main tower. The rooms in the other tower is supposed to be newer, so maybe that would be better? It is really fine but doesn't have any wow factor, and I was expecting a little bit more for the price.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Jacksonville, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2012

Here are some of the nice qualities of this property.

Good location, particularly if you want to shop as there are many high-end stores along Scotts Rd and Orchard Rd. Jogging distance to Botanic Garden, which is beautiful and worth the visit.

Comfortable rooms. Room size, amenities and furnishing is what you would expect in a Grand Hyatt. My room was quiet.

Restaurant. StraitsKitchen in the hotel has a broad selection of food that should fit anyone's tastes. Quality of food was good, not outstanding.

Health club, pool and spa are all great. A little bit of a retreat in this busy part of the city. Try the Thai Yoga massage. The best massage I have ever had.

My only complaint is that the property, public spaces and guest rooms, feels a bit dated. Part of this is the design, part of this is the condition of the building. I felt like I had stepped back into the 1990's. Little things like mold in the shower stall. I don't expect that in a property of this level.

But on the whole, I would stay here again if I needed to be in this part of the city.

Room Tip: I don't know that there are good views from this hotel due to its location in a very developed p...