“wonderful stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #31 of 305 Hotels in Singapore
sunshine
“wonderful stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2011

My husband and I stayed here at on the 6 June for 4 days this was more a business hotel but it was great every one of the staff couldnt have been more friendlier or helpful. The pool area is fantastic and when you get out of the lift you face a glass wall which has a beautifull waterfall and fernery, We stayed in a grand room which was spacious and the bathroom was really nice, the bed was really comfortable. We had the buffet breakfast which was in the straites kitchen it would have to been one of the best we've ever had there was just so much to choose from. We tried the buffet dinner in the straites kitchen it was really good and was always nearly fully booked the only thing you need to be aware of this hotel does not serve lard or pork or bacon. Its location is just off Orchard Road. The gym is really good, you get free bottled water there. In each corridor they have free fruit at the end of the passage also lounge chairs and tables to sit at and a phone if you wish to use it. The rooms were always cleaned early. The television had 48 channels so plenty to choose from to watch at night if your in. They have a cigar shop. There is also another big restaurant upstairs it looked lovely we did not eat there. For cheap eating he Ion centre is not bad but Tangs have a takeway area and thats really cheap. If your a buffett nut then Singapore is your place. Would definately recommend this hotel it is a really modern hotel.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (390)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2011

Great customer service from the moment you walk in the door! Rooms are bright, spacious, light wood and the carpets make it very cosy. We were fortunate that we were upgraded to a suite. The size and lighting was extremely well done, marble bathroom spacious. The rooms are beautiful, but the location is also perfect. The pool and restaurant area was lovely and gym equipment very modern. I actually cannot think of any negative to comment. Just don't think twice about booking it!

• Stayed July 2011
      Location
      Rooms
jakarta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2011

Highly recommended hotel for bringing your family. The rooms are spacious with complete amenities including iron and ironing board. Family of four can stay in 1 room (choose the grand deluxe room for comfy and spacious). Friendly staffs from the receptionist, concierge, even the housekeeping staffs with limited English will be willingly to help and serve you the best.

The food are nice and delicious. Many variety for breakfast at the straits kitchen cafe. For Moslem people most of the food are considered Halal. Very convenient location from orchard road since there is underpass to go to Ngee Ann, Isetan, Ion and even borders bookstore!!

Choose Grand Hyatt Hotel for family vacation!! You won't be disappointed!!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars
2 Thank gemartraveling
HKG
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2011

I stayed 2 nights there last week for my business trip. In the 2nd night, I returned to the Hotel around 8:30pm after a long day of work to drop off some personal stuffs before heading to dinner. When I entered the room, the smell in the room is very unpleasant, so I looked around and checked out where the smell came from. When I opened the tiolet door, I found out there's a piece of excrement(yes, it's a real excrement, not too sure it's human or dog only) on the floor. It's really shocked me and I called Housekeeping immediate after clam down. After hearing the story, the Hotel send a Supervisor and 1 general staff to come to my room. Then, I left for dinner. When I returned to the Hotel, I went to the Front Desk and looked for the Hotel Manager. The receptionist told me that I need to make appointment to speak to thier Manager. I told them that I don't mind saying it loud with all your hotel guests surrounding me, it's a complaint, and obviously won't be something nice and cool. I him what I found in my room, and the Receptionist is astonished and opened his mouth wide for 10 seconds.Then, an on-duty spervisor came over and offered to a room change. However, I told them that I'm checking out tomorrow morning, and I won't bother to change the room. So he offered me a free ride to the airport and helped me to go up and checked the room. When he returned, he tried to jog down some notes and explained to me the process for the car arrangement. Up to this moment, I'm happy with what Grand Hyatt has done.However, the next morning, when I was about to leave the room, I saw a blinking light on the phone, I dialed "Concierge" to check the message, because this's what the Supervisor told me last night about the procedure. When the Concerige picked up the phone and I disclosed my room # and asked for the message. The Conceirge said she didn't know what's the message and she's away from the terminal and asked me to call Operator. When I called Operator, they asked me to call Concierge to make the arrangment. I told the Operator that i just talked to the Concierge and she asked me to call Operator. Then, the Operator replied that she's just relaying the message, nother she can arrange,so I need to call Concierge. I think this's what I cannot afford is the poor and unprofessional service of a 5-star Hotel like Grand Hyatt. Not talking about why there's a piece of excrement on the floor, I really wonder the security of the Hotel as well.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
4 Thank DinDing
Stuttgart, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2011

This Hyatt is right on Orchard Rd. Great for shopping and it cannot get any more central than that. We received an upgrade (Diamond Member) and enjoyed the hotel, as it is well taken care of and stylish. The staff is a little cool / up-tight, but once you talk friendly, they are friendly too. The Club was great, if not one of the best Hyatt Clubs we saw so far. They really went out of their way to please our needs in the club - Thanks for that. The tennis courts are also fun, especially in the morning hours, when the temperatures aren´t too high. The massage was good, but a little pricey - most likely I would look elsewhere the next time.
However, compared to the Intercontinental at Bugis we would chose the GH Singapore again!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank VfB 1893
Makati, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2011

We went to Singapore for a couple of days and stayed at this great hotel. From the moment we arrived, we felt that we were very much welcome. This was the first time that me & my wife traveled with our 2 yr. old boy - and we were quite surprised that he felt at home the moment he stepped in the room. Grand Hyatt is conveniently located on Scotts Rd. and is (literally) a few steps away from the Orchard Rd. MRT Station. If you're planning to go to any of Singapore's attractions (i.e. Zoo, Bird Park etc.) the hotel also serves as a pick-up point and a direct stop of the Singapore Attractions Express Bus. So, going around and about the city is not a problem. And, since the hotel is situated almost at Orchard Rd., one can go on a shopping spree as a lot of malls are around the vicinity. We stayed in a very spacious Junior Suite with 2 LCD TV's - a 42" TV with DVD player in the living room and another 32" TV in the bedroom, where all channels are in HD. We had complimentary wi-fi access, a spacious closet, and a very appealing toilet & bath with June Jacobs amenities. Simply nice! We tucked our nights away in a very comfortable king size bed. Light controls and Air-conditioning were not a problem, with the switches and temperature knob located conveniently by the side table. Since we were staying in a suite, we were given access to the Club Lounge (with kids' play area), where continental breakfast was served everyday and cocktails was served every night. Needless to say that Club access means free flowing drinks - ALL DAY. The lounge staff were so accommodating. Going to the pool was such a treat when one sees the nice tranquil water falls in the middle of the two towers. The pool was nice and had cabanas where you can sit back and relax. Overall, our stay in Grand Hyatt is superb, and, as such, is highly recommended.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars
4 Thank elguwapo316
Montreux, Switzerland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2011

This hotel has seen many transformations since I first visited in 1983. A bit 'cold' but it remains my favourite in SIN, with its location, close to the metro and shopping area. Excellent fitness center also and the pool is a nice place to relax during the week-end.

Stayed February 2011, traveled on business