“Exemplary Service”

Ranked #42 of 306 Hotels in Singapore
Bali, Indonesia
“Exemplary Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2011

This has become a truly outstanding property with exemplary, exceptional service. Yes, there is more high-end competition now in Singapore but credit where credit is due. Anyone who has ever managed a large business will understand that "Culture" is one of the most difficult things to change, which makes my praise for the this property and its management only greater. The full story:

First a confession. Several years ago, when I was still doing regular reviews) I gave this hotel a very poor rating because of what I, and many friends, saw as an attitude problem with the staff at this hotel, especially the reception staff, which were, of course, the very first contact a guest would have with a property. It was like "We are the GRAND Hyatt Singapore, take it or leave it" I was a Hyatt Diamond Passport member and stayed very frequently at Hyatts all round the world, with this one being my least favourite anywhere in the world, despite being so close to home (Bali, which has 2 very nice Hyatts).

So we have avoided this hotel for many years. However, my wife and I needed to spend a few days in Singapore and for a variety of reasons, decided to give it another try. And we were amazed. The levels of service at this property now are just outstanding. Nothing is too much trouble. The location has always been great for personal and many (Other than Financial Services related) business trips to Singapore. The rooms are also spacious, very well appointed and world 5-Star Class in all respects.

I'm truly impressed by a remarkable turnaround and would unresevedly recommend this property as a Singapore base for any 5-Star traveller.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Philipat

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (443)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
  • Vietnamese first
Milano, Italy
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2011

Pros:
1. Straits Kitchen - for dinner and for breakfast. Great quality, choice and service.
2. Location - just off the main drag.
3. Nice spa.
4. Quiet rooms.

Cons:
1. Don't get the sense that the hotel is managed or that anyone is in charge. This particularly applies to reception.
2. The hotel rooms have low ceilings and appear poorly maintained. In short, they are more of Hyatt Regency standard than Grand Hyatt.
3. Service (front desk/concierge) very inconsistent.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2011

Spent 4 nights here in November - travelling on business.

The location is spot on - in the heart of the city with easy access by taxi or MRT to all points. Loads of shopping and restaurants nearby.

Rooms and bathrooms very good and very clean.

Didnt try any of the food. Little pricey compared to other Singapore 5star hotels.

Would choose to stay here again for sure.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
2 Thank Mungo888
Santa Monica, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2011

My husband and I stayed in a Club Deluxe King suite with a view of the garden below. We thought the layout and interior architecture of the hotel was beautifully done and our suite impeccably well appointed. We could not have been more comfortable.

The staff from the moment we arrived completely raised the bar for service. We travel and stay in this level of accommodation fairly frequently and this simply blew us away.

Well spoken and polite people answered the phones for room service, kept track of who we were, what we had previously ordered and asked how we'd enjoyed our last ________ without seeming to be reading from a promt. The serving staff glided in and out with trays of some of the best food we've had in Singapore since. I still can't get a coffee that's anywhere near Hyatt perfection anywhere else in town.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank typebug
Indonesia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2011

this is the first time we stay in Grand Hyatt Singapore (usually we stay in Meritus Mandarin),the staff service in this hotel is very excellent.When we stayed,my wife have sickness and she vommit all night....the staff help us to contact doctor,taxi and hospital..after my wife come back from hospital,the duty manager called us and asked if everything is ok..and give us fruits too...
thank you very much for all kindness,helpfull and friendly staff of Grand Hyatt Singapore..especially to Mr.Anumodit Chaturvedi and friends which duty in that night..thank you very much

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2011

I have stayed at this Hyatt now five times in five years. It is my number one choice. I have always been made to feel welcome from the moment I arrive to the final farewells.

It was my first time in a business orientated club environment. It was efficient, but nevertheless friendly. The welcomer remembered my name and my partner's when I used the club lounge facilities.Small details like that make a difference to me.

Along with the Hyatt in Berlin, the rooms I have stayed in have been smart, modern and comfortable - which is very much to my taste - and always kept clean. The hotel's own shower gel was wonderful too!

Any niggles? OK one morning I found there there was no coffee replacing what we drank the day before, but we all make mistakes, and that is a very small complaint in the scheme of things.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Pune, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2011

Nilesh Shah - Mar 2011

We have many client in Singapore and after staying and trying out various hotel we finally we found one of the best hotel service in Singapore as Hyatt. The kind of deal we get at Hyatt is THE BEST in Singapore.

We stay for long duration as 2-3 weeks at time. The room are so big enough that we don’t feel at home.

The location of hotel is right in centre / heart of city that everything from hotel is just at walkable distance.

The best thing in hotels are:
1. Italian restaurant of hotel is one of the best in Singapore