All reviews family vacation rooftop pool bus stop mrt station hoo ms sg
Reviewed October 2, 2018

This hotel is comfortable but not my first choice. The Concourse hotel is much better and right next door. We had problems at the Grand with breakfast. They have 2 rooms and they don't know which one they want you to go to. The breakfast is not a regular meal and they didn't know what poached eggs were.
t

Date of stay: September 2018
2  Thank lmarsh2014
bobbychng, Manager at Hotel Grand Central, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear Imarsh;
Thank you for your recent stay with us.
We appreciate your feedback and had taken note of your comments on the breakfast, we will work on it to improve further.
We look forward to be of service to you in the not-too-long future.
Regards
Bobby Chng
Hotel Manager

Reviewed September 7, 2018

I recently stayed at Hotel Grand Central while on a work trip. The best aspect of the hotel is its location - it is a short walk from both the Somerset and Dhoby Ghaut MRT stations, which makes getting around the city a breeze.

The room itself was in rough condition. The shower was moldy and mildewy to the point I hesitated to use it. The plastic shelf in the shower broke off while I was using it and hurt my foot. There was a glass shelf which was broken and leaning down at such that anything placed on it slid off. One of the pictures hung above the bed had a UPC sticker someone stuck to it with a date that was several years old, making me question how thoroughly the rooms were cleaned between guests.

The window of my room faced directly at another room about a meter away, so you need to keep the blinds drawn for privacy, and the amount of light which gets in is limited even on high floors.

Check-in was efficient but you'll get no smiles from the staff in the process.

It was fine for a short business stay but I'm sure there are better options nearby.

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
2  Thank Jonathan V

Dear Jonathan;
Thank you for your recent stay with us.
We appreciate your feedback and had taken note of your comments on the various area, we will look into it and work to improve it further.
We look forward to be of service to you in the not-too-long future.
Regards
Bobby Chng
Hotel Manager

Reviewed August 27, 2018

Basically nice clean hotel rooms were pretty standard but clean and well serviced.
The front desk staff were really nice and friendly and helpful.. we did try the restaurant it was just ok, but the service was really slow, we waited about 45 minutes for our lunch and there was only my husband and I in there.

Date of stay: July 2018
Reviewed August 20, 2018 via mobile

Had a comfortable stay at Grand Central hotel on my visit to Singapore. Located centrally and close to all the big shopping brand malls. Clean rooms and warm welcome at reception. However rooms did not have mineral water bottles, instead they have a water dispenser (RO) so was a but hesitant to use water from the room. Overall a good pleasant stay.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Traveled solo
2  Thank aashish20054
Reviewed August 4, 2018

Just off Orchard Road, ideal location to go shopping. Rooms are very cramped but the rates are very good. Have stayed in same hotel before. Access ideal for my husband’s mobility scooter & he was able to enjoy an early morning ride down the road

Date of stay: June 2018