“Disgusting”

Hotel Grand Central
Ranked #217 of 316 Hotels in Singapore
Reviewed August 26, 2013

My husband and I still joke about this place, it was, in short, absolutely vile. We felt dirty and diseased after sleeping here, and did not even bother with the breakfast. Or room was filthy, brown, worn out and stank of cigarettes. Honestly I am not picky and have backpacked etc. but this was just foul.
Also, staff were rude and told us that " your room is still dirty" when we arrived in time to check in.
Health hazard.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Amalie B
There are newer reviews for Hotel Grand Central

Reviewed March 13, 2013

We spent 4 nights at the Grand Central Hotel, Singapore. Its exclusive location offers great The hotel was looking fabulous and well maintained

Good:

1. The food and all the tropical drinks were fabulous.. All types of games are available; I enjoyed tennis, billiards, and golf there. A fully equipped gym and swimming pool is available for visitors to relax.

2. DO walk in the garden as the immaculate and fresh air with cool and calm environment makes u relaxed and rejuvenated.

3. If you are shopping maniac then it’s a great palace at it is situated in the heart of the city, Orchard Street.

4. Good & Cheap package offered by Goingsingapore.com .They deal in Bulk & quote lower than other Travel agents.Good services as well & have almost all Singapore hotels on board

Bad:

1. The rooms were big, not clean and were poorly decorated and lacks all the basic features the AC was not good. The bed was not at all comfortable and the corridors outside are not so tidy as it should be. No playing area for kids. The television channels are very few, BBC only.

2. Even the room service was not up to the mark. I think they can do better if they focus on servicing part. The food and everything are fairly priced but they just need a little attention.

3. There is nothing for vegetarian & no nearby restaurants r present so there are problems for veggie

Overall :

I had a mixed feeling about the hotel all other things were good except the services. the location serves you the opportunity to enjoy your day calm and peacefully as the hotel is situated away from the crowded

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank DhanolaKaran_G
Reviewed March 10, 2013

Came here with my family from Vietnam... the worst hotel I've ever stayed in, seriously. Room stunk of stale cigarettes, everything was dusty, handles and drawers were falling off left, right and center... Absolutely nothing good about this place apart from Location and even then I'd stay away from this dump at all costs! Pictures on here say it all! I wouldn't even let my dog stay!

Room Tip: Yeah... You'd be more comfortable on a sun lounger outside!
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank CupcakeQueen1810
Reviewed January 19, 2013

...even if you plan on spending time shopping in Orchard.

I travel a lot and I completely understand that not all hotels in the world can be satisfying. Grand Central hotel is an exception. This place is far below Singapore standard.
Let me begin with the location.. True that it's a glance away from the shopping belt but what you see as you walk out are sex shops, loud yam-yam girls, and a place that sells Vietnamese bride.
As for the service, they dont provide any. They help you with the check in but thats it. I remember I carried my own bag... Oh but that's because I just dont trust the suspicious looking bellboy.
Room is mouldy, damp, bed smelling like sweat, old and tired rug... low and cracking ceiling.. and my room got no window.
Hallway is so spooky.. You'd feel like you're a part of low budget Chinese ghost movie. The ceiling is low and their signage is written in red font on white wall.
Worst thing of all is they got weird internet access arrangement. You need to pay extra (charged per hour) or rent their PC

Save your self and stay away from this place, really.

Room Tip: Get to other hotel!
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
10  Thank msranabelle
Reviewed November 10, 2012

I stayed at Grand Central Hotel Singapore in May 2012 with my family as it was recommended by my travel agent as strategically located hotel with low price rate. Indeed, both rooms were a bit cramped and outdated, but the aircons were working well, the beds were quite comfortable and hot showers and amenities were available. The hotel was located between Dhoby Ghaut MRT and Somerset MRT, so first timers are highly recommended to take a cab from Changi Airport instead of venture with MRT or bus. We learned that we could get a Resort World's bus from the hotel to the Universal Studio and vice versa for free (instead of going there by taxi) and this was an added value to the hotel. We didn't get complimentary breakfast in the hotel but there were many decent food stalls around the hotel for us to have breakfast and dinner. Shopping around has been a nice experience since the hotel was well located in the middle of major shopping centers. I've heard that the hotel are going to be renovated and if so, I'd missed such a strategically located, yet, low-priced hotel.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank Okky T
Reviewed September 10, 2012

I have stayed at Grand Central Hotel Singapore 3 times. The first time was July 2011 and then March and April 2012. The feeling are still the same as in 3 times. The hotel services are quite good - friendly receptionist and room service. Most of the staff is the Chinese session worker, I have nice chat with them about their job in Singapore. The furniture are very old and has smoking smells - No problem to my because I am smoking too.

The very pros is the location in the heart of Singapore shopping central area. 3 - 5 minutes by walks for the Orchard Plaza, Center Point, Nghee An center ... and I am really love the street foods right the opposite corner of the hotel. A tip: a pork noodle bowl cost 12 SGD. The breakfast is included in prices but it's really really terrible.

Beside that, the room is not wide but still enough for your staying. Appropriated for the Asian Market.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Deisler
Reviewed September 6, 2012

Worst hotel I have ever stayed in. Ther was mould on all the walls and the bathroom was disgusting. Very ordinary breakfast with no where to sit as all the dirty tables were not cleaned up. When we complained when we were checking out the girl at the front desk said they were closing the next day. That was on the 1st August.

Stayed: August 2012