“Excellent”

Ranked #21 of 315 Hotels in Singapore
manila
“Excellent”
Reviewed July 28, 2014

I stayed at The Fullerton Hotel for one week on a business trip and can say that I was totally wowed by the experience. The hotel has a grand/classic vibe which it does very well. The rooms are well-appointed. The staff are courteous and each one greets you whenever you pass.

I was able to try all the hotel's restaurants and would not be able to pick a favorite. Everything I ate exceeded my expectations.

There are some comments here about the hotel beginning to show it's age, and I have to agree. You will notice this if you look at the tiny bits and pieces and some corners in your room. BUT, I do not think this dims the overall beauty of the hotel. Having said all this, the hotel is expensive, though. That, for me, is the one con amidst all the pros.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (791)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed July 27, 2014

My wife and I came to the Fullerton for a Staycation, to getaway for a relaxing 1 night. Our room was not ready when we checked in so the staff invited us to use the fitness and pool area while we waited. At the pool, we were being harassed by two very drunk Chinese boys (men?) who were clearly looking to pick a fight. It was a very agitating start to our 1-night stay, but was resolved by the hotel in a very quick time.

Hotel security stepped in quickly to remove these drunk Chinese folk, and the duty manager came to see us just afterward to make a special apology. We met the duty manager, Alfie, on multiple occasions during our stay, and he has gone out of his way to make sure we enjoyed ourselves.

Just want to thank the great staff for making sure that these idiot Chinese guys did not spoil our stay!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 26, 2014 via mobile

I visited my friend who moved to Singapore & we agreed to try the brunch together at the Fullerton as she hadn't been yet!!! One word...WOW!!!!

I have never seen so much food in my life & so much choice!!! There was a fish counter so started with oysters, prawns, sushi...
Then the choice was unbelievable...mini pork belly, sausage & mash, a crepe counter, another hot counter & a choice off the a la carte too (one item each)! I was literally spoilt for choice and only wished I could eat more ;-)
...every mouthful was heaven!!!

The pudding counter was just a dream, about 20 miniature puddings to pick from!!!....and a cheese board which we didn't even touch (way too full)! Champers was unlimited so when the glass was empty it was full again - magic!!!

I think the bill worked out to roughly £80 each, money well spent in my eyes as we arrived around 12 & rolled out about 3.30pm!!!

Definitely visit - you won't regret it!!!

Stayed March 2014
2 Thank Kaggs759
Reviewed July 25, 2014 via mobile

When it was last day in Singapore, I stayed the Fullerton Hotel with my family.
The hotel is very traditional building due to previous post office of Singapore, so it was very good mood for customers.
And location is also good because of near Singapore river, and good for shopping near by boat quay.

Vientiane, Laos
Reviewed July 23, 2014 via mobile

Pros: lovely old building, central location, great service, large rooms and bathrooms, nespresso in room, iPod Dock, and very quiet.

Cons: expensive, pool area small but nice, in room and pool area drinks/food very expensive

We would stay here again if we found a deal for a discounted rate and we were looking for a nice spot for a night or two stop over in Singapore

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank BeanCase T
Tokyo
Reviewed July 22, 2014

Booked not outside view, courtyard view that means can see lobby area from room. But never feel so closed, it was very blight and comfortable. Swimming poo is bit small on this class however very luxury feeling. Afternoon tea at lobby also stunning. If you don't care about outside view, I will recommend to stay inner room that is also very comfortable. this stay was FEB2013

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank tomairways
Bunbury
Reviewed July 22, 2014

3 of us stayed in a Collyer suite for 4 nights, the best deal was direct with the hotel itself, very obliging and super responsive with every question.
On arrival the greeting was excellent, the check in girl Huda was really on the ball.
The room was large and well appointed even had a nespresso machine.
Bathroom was well equipped and water pressure was excellent.
The room came with champagne breakfast at the straits club as well as afternoon tea and evening drinks and canapés. All were top quality. The pool area is great and the view is wonderful.
All the staff from c.leaners to bell hops were super polite and more than efficient at their respective jobs. One of the best hotel stays we have ever had, thank you Fullerton Hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family