“Great hotel and friendly service” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Fullerton Hotel Singapore

The Fullerton Hotel Singapore
Ranked #23 of 309 Hotels in Singapore
“Great hotel and friendly service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2014

We had one night in The Fullerton before commencing our honeymoon in Malaysia/ Borneo. Firstly the service upon arrival was great because they'd kept on file details of a previous stay and talked to us about our room preferences and explained the difference in location.

The room itself (courtyard) was small but very clean, the bathroom was huge and had a separate shower, bath and wc room. The hotel were very kind and bought us some strawberries and wine to congratulate us on our honeymoon. We spent the afternoon by the absolutely gorgeous pool where towels and refreshments are also provided.

The hotel is in a good location that allowed us to walk to Boat Quay for an evening meal. I would definitely recommend staying here.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank CSD_Sydney

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (751)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Munich, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2014 via mobile

We stayed 4 nights from 19th June, arriving very early to an awesome welcome back! 11 years later! We were greeted with unparalleled professionalism which lasted throughout the stay, and massive thanks to all those involved from the manager down (thanks for the welcome back message waiting for us!). Guest recognition staff were really superb, as were staff in Straits club. Definitely worth the upgrade as others have said alcohol is expensive in Singapore so a couple of drinks early evening in the lounge were most welcomed as were the variety of nibbles ( more than enough to satisfy a wide variety of tastes).
The hotel itself is fabulous, some lovely history and is just pure class. The fullerton pool itself is quite small, but we walked to the fullerton bay accessible via underground walkway, and this pool was much bigger, not at all crowded, and lovely for our 6 year old to swim in. Iced drinks and cool towels, frozen fruit sticks and cool sprays part of the service!
Breakfast is a great experience as well, massive choice, all great quality. We choose to eat in the town restaurant as more atmosphere and choice, and probably better choice for a family. Breakfast experience is one of the best we have had.
We had a Palladian suite, lots of room, nicely decorated, bathroom amenities were top high quality. Lovely view of the bay. Super comfy beds and pillows.
We're back on the 1st July to end our Asia trip, very much looking forward to another 4 nights of luxury!
Having stayed at many of the major hotels in Singapore, there is only one choice for me. Thank you to everyone at the fullerton and this majestic old hotel for such an enjoyable stay.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Simon D
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2014

I will start by saying my first impressions of The Fullerton were not great, after spending our two nights at the Marina Bay Sans where the customer service is out of this world! we were a little disappointed...... but it did get better!

Wa arrived via taxi, and were greeted by the doorman in a very nice manner, however that's where the nice welcome ended.

We both had backpacks on our backs for luggage which no one offered to take for us, we then checked in. While the staff may have not intentionally offended us....they did, at check in we were asked if we could leave a credit card for a deposit (my partners credit card was stolen) so we stated we did not have one. The staff member then said he understood as we look like we can not have one? He also said as we were backpacking we do not need to leave a deposit as he understood it is a lot of money? He then told us we were travelling like people in the military do? again we were both a little off put by this whole conversation and confused. We then carried our own luggage to our room.

After this we were apprehensive about staff attitudes at The Fullerton Hotel, but we were proven wrong with wonderful staff at both the concierge desk and the pool on every day of our three night stay.

The infinity pool is lovely, with a wonderful view, great bar and food service.

Our room was very dark but charming, clean and comfortable with all the trimmings of a 5 star establishment! (TWG tea bags a real bonus for tea lovers)!

The building itself is lovely and feels very regal, the courtyard is great place for high tea.

A few improvements to make, but overall a good hotel that could be great! Location is the best in the city (i think). Would have given a better rating if not for the poor welcome!

Room Tip: I would pay for a city or river view room if i returned, courtyard rooms are facing inside the hotel...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2014

Nothing but positive things to say about this hotel.

I stayed there recently during a business trip, using the hotel's conference and guest facilities and it is hard to think of a single thing that was imperfect.

I can't, so I won't.

Definitely recommended if you want a great location, great service and you fancy staying in a building very unlike any other in Singapore.

Room Tip: Ask for one with a view of the river for a truly memorable stay.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2014

The Fullerton Hotel is a good hotel to stay if you are there on business and wanting to stay close to the financial district. To me the service was very professional and courteous but not very personal, which did not matter to me much as I was there for business.

The hotel is extremely clean, very grand and gracefully restored. Definitely makes you feel privileged to be staying at the Fullerton as a guest. I found the guest rooms to be very spacious and the bathrooms were very modern. The toiletries were of high quality and catered well for the business traveller, which included toothbrushes and razors.

The Post Bar was a great place to have a drink and relax after a hard days work. There are several eating options outside the hotel. Boat Quay is just around the corner and the Esplanade is just a brisk 10 minute walk.

Overall, if you are in and out for business meetings, this is a great place to stay. However, if you are travelling here with your family, I would question whether this is the most suitable place to stay. To me, this was very much a business hotel catering for the business "road warrior".

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2014

We were super excited to stay at The Fullerton for our stop of 3 nights in Singapore. Why excited? well... it is The Fullerton! - Unfortunately overall was just "blah".
Upon arrival - we were very exhausted after spending time in the airpot for a delayed flight... finally we are at The Fullerton and we thought... "Thanks God" - looking forward to be in our room ASAP - we have booked a "Courtyard Room" without Breakfast... all very CLEAR as we booked-it our selves and we knew about it - with the reservation we kindly requested the possibility of a high floor. - When we arrived I encountered a Receptionist that maybe he didn't know how the computer worked as he was typing so much... and we are waiting, as he types, and we are waiting, as he types and waiting again, and again as he types... wow maybe he was writing to his faraway family to whom he didn't write for very loooong time!.... oh well! - finally he address us with the question - :
-Do you know you booked a "Courtyard Room"?
-Yes I know - I made the reservation - is there a problem?
-No, no problem is just that you can receive an upgrade for $$$$ for what I said:
-"No thanks"....
and the receptionist again
-"Do you know you have no breakfast included?"
-Yes I know - I made the reservation - is there a problem?
-No, no problem - is just if you upgrade you can get the breakfast
-For what I said: I have business meetings everyday early in the morning and I'll be having breakfast with my colleagues - No, I don't Need breakfast!
And again the receptionist:
-Well you could still upgrade without the breakfast – would you?

Through my mind passed the though of answering “I don’t want your bloody upgrade, I want nothing, get me a taxi and I get the hell out of here to a place where I can be checking-in without the hassle of having being questioned about my reservation and for trying to upsell every single thing available” I felt like in a “car rental” where they try herd to upsell but the staff at The Fullerton went beyond upselling - I deeply took a breath and finally I replied, “Please can you get me my room?” – after another session of typing & typing and typing again in the computer I got into my room – already disappointed upon check-in.

Overall – a deception, F&B just average service, they have no idea how to make a Whiskey Sour at the bar – my expectations were not met at this place – next time I will book another property like the St Regis were I should have been since the beginning. – I must say; check-out was a breeze… I guess at check-out no point to waste time with a guess to upsell. Room was large, - but just large, nothing special, just tired, pool was cool, service overall – average.
To the GM – stop hassling your guests making your staff upsell & upsell, just improve your services that if your services are great you can get my money on your outlets or additional services – just get your guests to their room ASAP upon arrival.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank montreal-jet-setter
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2014

My husband and I stayed here on our honeymoon for three nights in June 2014. The stay was wonderful and the hotel staff were lovely. We received a surprise bottle of wine, strawberries and note to celebrate our wedding.

We were very pleased with our stay. The breakfast service was excellent and the gentleman at the pool was lovely and so kind to us.

Room Tip: Room close to the pool!
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple