“Ticks alot of boxes”

The Fullerton Hotel Singapore
Ranked #22 of 317 Hotels in Singapore
Reviewed May 16, 2014

Last few stays have been at the Mandarin Oriental, but decided a change was needed so we tried the Fullerton. Four night stay in a Collyer Suite. Great sized room for 2 adults and a kid. Great views from bedroom over the Singapore River although lounge view was obscured abit by a pillar. Had access to the Straits Club (club lounge type thing) - which was nice for drinks and nibbles, although we had breakfast in the main restaurant as the selection was much better.

There is a MRT (subway) stop a short walk away and a water taxi service stops outside the hotel, getting around from here is a piece of cake.

Swimming pool is of a "lap" design so could get a little busy, but the great thing about staying here is that you can use the larger pool (and rather nice large jacuzis) at the Fullerton Bay which is a short stroll away using an underground passage.

We'll stay here next time we are in Singapore - recommended.

Room Tip: Suites ideal for small families.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (3,868)

Reviewed May 14, 2014

The Fullerton Hotel in Singapore is one of the nicest hotels I've stayed at. The building was once the General Post Office Building, but it was renovated into a five-star hotel in the Downtown Core of Central Singapore in 1997 and opened for business in 2001. The architecture is Neoclassical, and the interior and exterior of the building is nothing short of fabulous.

The rooms were gorgeous, we had a beautiful balcony view of Clark Quay, and it's home to one of the prettiest hotel atriums I've ever seen. When you add in the fantastic restaurants on site, including their famous Chocolate Buffet, The Fullerton quickly becomes one of those places you never want to leave.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 14, 2014

This 5 star hotel is located right in the heart of Singapore and makes walking around so easy. It was my 2nd time to the hotel and unfortunately just as the first time, I got a room without outside window but with a small window on the atrium, meaning you don't have any natural daylight whatsoever. It doesn't matter how big and nice the room was, it makes me depressive not to see daylight when I wake up, so I tried to stay at least as possible in the room and unfortunately the hotel was fully booked, so no room switch was possible. Luckily Breakfast is great and you can actually sit outside, next to the river, which makes a nice change from the gloomy room. The service is also as efficient as can be and wouldn't it be for the daylight less room, I would probably love the place, but I didn't. Also be warned that it comes with a very hefty price tag, and everything consumed is whoppingly expensive.

Room Tip: ask for a outside window, not the atrium!
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed May 14, 2014

Spent 4 nights here on a business trip. Glad I wasn't paying. Beautiful building and no expense spared on the fixtures and fittings. My room faced on to the inside atrium so no sunlight which was a bit depressing. Definitely go for an outside room. Breakfast was extensive covering all nations. Food generally was excellent. The bar prices were extortionate, but there is plenty of other options nearby instead. Great location. Strangely they were doing refitting work at 2am which woke a lot of my colleagues up. Overall, very nice but in my opinion too big and felt quite impersonal. I preferred the Quincy hotel down the road.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed May 13, 2014

This post office converted hotel is one fine place to stay. My second stay was even better than the first. The grand feel of the lobby floor made a great impression on me the first time. But on the second visit I found the service better. Rooms were nicely appointed though not big. The Post Bar was lovely for a night cap. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed May 11, 2014

The Fullerton is a beautiful hotel in a perfect location. The rooms are beautiful with large en suite with bath and separate shower. The international breakfast is awesome, as was the evening meal. The service at the Fullerton is excellent too!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 10, 2014

Summary: This was my sixth or seventh stay at the Fullerton. The first few times I stayed I was blown away. The 'wow' factor is not there anymore (absent the impressive building itself) and the rooms, fittings and menus etc could do with a re-fresh.

Pros: location, large property, decent sized rooms

Cons: rooms can be dark, fittings and rooms themselves dated, my room wasn't cleaned properly

As I said above, my sixth or seventh stay so this review is ranked on all my stays (this last one two days ago would have only garnered a three).

I do like the Fullerton, it has a majesty and grandeur about it. It is close to my work which is a blessing in the land of limited cabs. This last stay was, unfortunately, a little like the one before and the rooms are increasingly appearing a little thread-bear which, coupled with several things not working in my room, lack of cleanliness and noise, led to significant frustrations.

I did complain about the various issues and did receive an apology on the spot, a note and a gesture of apology by way of a gift.

For me, I was just really disspointed: this is a great property and I like being there, but it has lost a lot of its mojo of late. (Including the lovely doorman who used to greet you when you arrived - what happened there? A rather chaotic arrival this time from a rather dishevled lot.)

The breakfast menu seems to have been the same for the last three years lus and really could do with some refreshing.

All in all, I do like the Fullerton but I suspect my affections may be tested by another stay like the last two I had. I don't want apologies and gestures - I don't want the problems to happen in the first place and for my stay to be as relaxing and enjoyable as once it was.

Time to pull your socks up methinks!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business