“A polished hotel”

The Fullerton Hotel Singapore
Ranked #22 of 316 Hotels in Singapore
Reviewed December 6, 2013

The Fullerton surpasses all expectations, guests are left wanting for nothing! Location is the best it can get and from the second a guest arrives you are transcended into a wonderful home away from home, it doesn't get any better! We'll done to the owners of this fine establishment, your innovative ideas and hard work were appreciated.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank kanwilson
There are newer reviews for The Fullerton Hotel Singapore

Reviewed December 5, 2013

To start with, I call it a memorable stay because we had our wedding reception in Fullerton. But besides that I would still highly recommend it because it is a hotel with "personality" and history, unlike other big international hotel chains. The loft suit is stunning, very spacious, with french windows facing the bay and offfers plenty of natural light during the day. Food is excellent and tasty, both during our tasting and on the actual wedding day. There are plenty of choices for the breakfast buffet. Service is professional, which is what you would expect from a 5 star+ hotel. Shame that we didnt have time to enjoy the pool and spa. Would love to return for anniversary!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank XXPhoebeXX
Reviewed December 4, 2013

Had a wonderful 2 night stay at the Fullerton. From quick check-in to a very friendly farewell everything went smoothly. We had a standard room on 3rd floor which overlooked the atrium. The room was very spacious, with a lovely bathroom - great lighting, bath, large shower, plenty of bench space and a great mirror set-up for shaving/make-up etc. with good lighting, and plenty of large thick towels.. The bed and pillows were very comfortable with quality sheets.
Service from staff was always friendly and nothing seemed to be a problem. Also having a 12.00 noon check-out and storage for bags was a plus as we had a late evening flight home.
We didn't eat at the hotel, although the food looked delicious, but did have a few 'cocktails' in the post office bar.
They have a complimentary 1 hr tour of the hotel and grounds which gives the history of the building and would thoroughly recommend that you do this - it makes the stay so much more meaningfull - also our guide Florence was delightful.
Can't wait to return and would certainly recommend to friends.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 3, 2013 via mobile

This has to be the best staycation of all hotels that I've been to in Singapore!

It was my hubby's birthday and I booked a 3D2N courtyard room for us n my 2 kids. I have asked for a cake n wordings on bed using rose petals as a surprise for him. But We were all pleasantly surprised to see balloons, a personal birthday card and even cookies, sweets n activity booklets for my kids as well ! They were over the moon!

I love the buffet breakfast! The spread is wonderful!

And dinner at the lighthouse was awesome! Great food, service n view of MBS!

We had fun at the pool too. But I felt that its a bit small for such a big hotel. Luckily it wasn't crowded.

The room was not very big but it's sufficient for us. The bathroom is huge and I like it that everything is separate. Separate tub, shower room n toilet. Would be good to have more hooks for clothes and towels.

Service staff is friendly but not personal enough. But I've no complains.

Overall, I enjoyed my stay n probably will come back again! Next time I will book a suite !

Stayed: November 2013
Reviewed December 2, 2013

Fullerton Hotel is ideally located right off Boat Key. Being the old Singapore main post office and 100 years history gently restored to todays hotel. Spacious rooms and a really great breakfast buffet (especially sunday's buffet is worth a visit. . . but come on an empty stomach. . . its biiig). The only negatives about the Fullerton is a small and poorly stocked fitness center and an ever returning "fight" for lte check-out without paying 50 % of the day rate for 4 hours extension. . . this should not be an ever returning issue when you stay there every 2nd month, but the message hasent gotten through to the management and front desk yet. Its a shame and a topic for frustration for returning business visitors.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed December 2, 2013

I stayed here with work for 6 nights and I found it to be a very good base in Singapore. The rooms were a good size, the breakfast excellent and the amenities wonderful. I would come and stay again and would recommend to friends and family.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed December 2, 2013

For the first time in my 20+ trips to Singapore, I stayed at The Fullerton, as my friends were getting married there. I had always had very romantic notions of The Fullerton, with its wonderful exterior and its great reputation.

The hotel lobby is gorgeous and the rooms are spacious and designed to be luxurious. However, I found the rooms slightly old and run down, particularly the bathrooms. The toiletries provided were of poor quality for a 5-start hotel.

I was not particularly impressed by the staff generally and the quality of inroom dining.

I asked for late checkout on my last day and was informed that this would only be possible if I paid the full rate for 1 additional day (fair enough) and moved to a courtyard room. I felt rather annoyed and a bit cheated as:
(i) The staff had to call me back 4 times to arrange for this
(ii) They charged me a very high rate for a much worse room than the one I was originally in
(iii) Having told me that I'd have to move rooms at 12:30 sharp, no one even told me which room I'd be moving to and I had to go through the circus of multiple calls to obtain the key to the new room and get someone to help me move my luggage

The Fullerton is a truly beautiful hotel and their afternoon tea looked lovely. The hairdresser at the Salon de Florere was one of the best I've been to. However, I feel that the Fullerton is either poorly managed or takes its reputation for granted and feels like it doesn't need to make the effort - unlikely I will ever stay there again...

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends