“Historic hotel with atmosphere” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Fullerton Hotel Singapore

The Fullerton Hotel Singapore
Ranked #18 of 304 Hotels in Singapore
Copenhagen, Denmark
“Historic hotel with atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

Fullerton Hotel is ideally located right off Boat Key. Being the old Singapore main post office and 100 years history gently restored to todays hotel. Spacious rooms and a really great breakfast buffet (especially sunday's buffet is worth a visit. . . but come on an empty stomach. . . its biiig). The only negatives about the Fullerton is a small and poorly stocked fitness center and an ever returning "fight" for lte check-out without paying 50 % of the day rate for 4 hours extension. . . this should not be an ever returning issue when you stay there every 2nd month, but the message hasent gotten through to the management and front desk yet. Its a shame and a topic for frustration for returning business visitors.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (685)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Twickenham
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here with work for 6 nights and I found it to be a very good base in Singapore. The rooms were a good size, the breakfast excellent and the amenities wonderful. I would come and stay again and would recommend to friends and family.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

For the first time in my 20+ trips to Singapore, I stayed at The Fullerton, as my friends were getting married there. I had always had very romantic notions of The Fullerton, with its wonderful exterior and its great reputation.

The hotel lobby is gorgeous and the rooms are spacious and designed to be luxurious. However, I found the rooms slightly old and run down, particularly the bathrooms. The toiletries provided were of poor quality for a 5-start hotel.

I was not particularly impressed by the staff generally and the quality of inroom dining.

I asked for late checkout on my last day and was informed that this would only be possible if I paid the full rate for 1 additional day (fair enough) and moved to a courtyard room. I felt rather annoyed and a bit cheated as:
(i) The staff had to call me back 4 times to arrange for this
(ii) They charged me a very high rate for a much worse room than the one I was originally in
(iii) Having told me that I'd have to move rooms at 12:30 sharp, no one even told me which room I'd be moving to and I had to go through the circus of multiple calls to obtain the key to the new room and get someone to help me move my luggage

The Fullerton is a truly beautiful hotel and their afternoon tea looked lovely. The hairdresser at the Salon de Florere was one of the best I've been to. However, I feel that the Fullerton is either poorly managed or takes its reputation for granted and feels like it doesn't need to make the effort - unlikely I will ever stay there again...

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Ginsengwu89
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013 via mobile

Front desk staff service was below our expectations. However, I had a very pleasant and enjoyable stay. I booked it at Weekends Escape to celebrate my anniversary and I feel that it was very much worth it. The room reservation staff was excellent. The surroundings were very much peaceful and relaxing, which was exactly what I wanted for my staycation. The rooms were nicely decorated and furnished. It was adequately spaced out. To celebrate our anniversary, the hotel has arranged a complimentary bottle of red wine and a plate of sweet strawberry for us! Thankiew so much we appreciate it! The in room dining service was very efficiency and pleasant. The food was delicious! Overall our stay was wonderful!

• Stayed November 2013
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2013 via mobile

This hotel reminds me of the hotels in the US back in the day when they were large and full of marble.

When I walked in they had someone playing traditional Christmas music.

The wait staff were friendly and the room was big and comfortable.

Very classy.

Stayed November 2013
Hong Kong, China
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2013

We stayed at the Quay Room (with a small balcony) for 3 nights from Nov 21 - 24. The room is relatively small to fit 2 luggages, however, we cannot compare that with Samui / Phuket resorts. Swimming pool on the 2nd floor is small as well. We experienced warm reception, as well as prompt check in. Breakfast buffet is great with wide selections in local, western, chinese, japanese and indian cuisine. Dinner buffet (especially chicken rice) is good and we got 30% off as in-house guest. Location is great and only takes few mins to Raffles Place MRT. Walking distance to One Fullerton and Merlion Park where there are more restaurants.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2013

Very stylish with beautiful architecture and iconic external look. The staff were businesslike and competent but, for me, the hotel lacked a little personal touch. The executive floor with lounge was pleasant and breakfast was good but again it was a little staid in its ways.

Room Tip: The executive floor is comfortable and the use of the executive lounge was useful. Overlooking the b...