“One of the best hotel I've ever stayed in”

The Fullerton Hotel Singapore
Ranked #26 of 306 Hotels in Singapore
Bangkok
“One of the best hotel I've ever stayed in”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2013

Service: Very good. Staff are very professional and always willing to help.
Value for money: Good when compare with other hotel with the same price.
Quality of sleep: I like the bed. The pillow is a bit flat but other than that it is OK. I think you can request for a new one.
Cleanliness: Perfect. Very clean and well maintained
Location: Perfect. Close to the business district, MRT, and restaurants. Very convenience.
Room: Spacious. The only thing that I don't like is that I have one window but it open into the hotel lobby area. So there is no view or sunlight. I think you need to upgrade your room to obtain the one with view of the river or city.
Breakfast: Variety of food to select from. Good quality food.

Room Tip: If possible, ask for an upgrade to room that has a window with view outside.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (763)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Melbourne
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2013 via mobile

Considering we booked 3 rooms for 4 nights at The Fullerton (a cost of over $1200 PER night !) I felt we received identical - if not worse - service to most hotels 50% cheaper but most of whom have far more reasonable charges for dining and beverages. I convinced my relatives to stay at this hotel over the Grand Copthorn Waterfront Hotel where they usually stay when in Singapore - and I regret doing so.
Rooms 357 & 361 are quite small but have excellent views of the river, skyline & pool.
Room 347 is considerably more spacious but only has 2 small windows without views.
To start with, we were made to wait one hour after 2pm check-in time for the first room and two hours until 4pm for the remaining 2 rooms. No apology at all and we had to hound them for the rooms.
The Fullerton is a beautiful hotel but it is simply not worth the price tag in my opinion and the cost of dining, beverages and room service was just insane.
For example, a basic lunch of potato wedges, a couple of soups, a few coffees and a couple of drinks in one if the restaurants cost 3 adults and 2 children $300. Just ridiculous. A cappuccino in the atrium lounge area is $18 !
Whilst a couple of the staff were very pleasant and helpful I didn't find the staff to be very friendly overall.
At $1200 per night we did not appreciate being asked to leave the pool 20 mins before cut off time so they could "shut up the pool area". We did not appreciate the cleaning jackhammer that went non-stop all day Saturday.
The hotel boasts their selection of pillows but when I rang for one I was told there were none available.
Nowhere near enough sun lounges to cater for the number of guests. As usual, guests grab lounges in the morning and covet them all day so it was virtually impossible to get a sun lounge to watch my children swim. The lap pool is narrow and the pool area overall is not big enough to cater for the number of rooms.
In addition, their advertising states "roof top spa". For the record ... There is no rooftop spa/jacuzzi. They have bubble jets along one side of the lap pool which is what they class as the spa. Hmmm.
4 mornings in a row we were not offered a window seat nor were there any alfresco tables available.
Aesthetic hotel but I would not waste my money staying here again. I am underwhelmed and disappointed.

• Stayed October 2013
London
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2013 via mobile

I stayed 5 nights in October for a business trip. The Hotel is very well located for the CBD and is very close to our office. I would happily stay there again on my next trip as it does a good job, service overall was pretty good (though breakfast each morning was a struggle to get a coffee and a table - the staff seemed in short supply). The outside Pool is very nice - and has a great view of the river. Gym ok - but a bit on the small side to be honest. If I was staying for leisure, though, I would stay somewhere a bit less "corporate". I had dinner at the Fullerton Bay and that seemed to have a lot more atmosphere so might stay there instead.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Manila
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2013 via mobile

I felt bad that I didn't get to spend so much time in the hotel since I went around so much! This hotel is romantic and beautiful and would be such a good choice for couples. I stayed in a court view room but I imagine the rooms with a view of the river would be breathtaking. The only thing they should probably change are their bathrooms and fit them out with modern features.

Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2013 via mobile

I would look no further than the Fullerton hotel. I am only basing my recommendation on room 609 which is a quay room with marina bay views. I would probably not stay in any room without a view as this is what made my stay (as well as the infinity pool but it overlooks the river not the bay - good though as the bay can be noisy).
I would consider the hotel a straight 5 star (nowadays many people are spoilt by hotels which are more than 5 stars which I think is the reason for the bad reviews). Yes, it not modern but if that's what you want, there is the Fullerton bay hotel around the corner but too me it is too modern.
The breakfast was great with a large variety and the staff were very attentive. My only comment about the hotel was the taxi bell boy who instructed us to go into a prestige taxi when I specified a normal taxi and this costing us double what it should have.
In terms of value, it depends what you pay. Singapore is expensive so I was very happy with my deal through think2travel.com at $618AUD Quay room, breakfast for 2 and late checkout for two nights. I would stay here again if I can find the same price range.

• Stayed October 2013
2 Thank Itzyfoxy
Darwin, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2013

Great view right on the river; Singapore Sling only $21 compared to $27 at Raffles. Incredible architecture & history. Bathrooms here makes Raffles look shabby. Much more attentive staff than Raffles too

Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank AlgoaDoors
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2013

It was a great honeymoon gift from my sister in law. The hotel has a classic old-style spirit with historical value. The location is quite easy to access and has a nice view close to the river. The service was also very good, they helped us quickly when we need to print some documents. They also sell a 3 kinds of teddy bear merchandises, and we bought the postman teddy bear as souvenir. Overall, it's Excellent.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple