“A brilliant hotel”

Ranked #21 of 312 Hotels in Singapore
Perth
“A brilliant hotel”
Reviewed August 27, 2013

We stayed at the Fullerton for 4 nights in August. Service at all levels is efficient and always polite. We had one Quay room and one Courtyard room. Both are of a good size. the Quay room was smaller but with a great view of the river and the city. Showers are good quality and beds are comfortable. Tea and bath products are of good quality.
We had high tea there, which was the best I have had in Singapore.
The closest MRT is Raffles Place, just across the road (though there is an entry on the same side of the road so you don't actually have to cross, so it is pretty easy to get anywhere in Singapore, though taxis come to the front of the hotel frequently if MRT is not your thing. The pool is pretty small but with a nice view to the city.
We had a great stay here, there was nothing to fault, and we would definitely stay here again. One of the best hotels in Singapore for sure.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (784)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Reviewed August 25, 2013

I stayed at The Fullerton for 2 nights and it was one of the best hotel in SG, super good location and can walk to most of the attraction places. There is a tunnel at the basement to walk directly to the water front where you can catch the 9:30pm light show. The hotel breakfast is excellent and many different selection, we spent over a hour each day to enjoy the breakfast. The pool is relatively small but good for a little swim and enjoy the Sun. The Gym is not so big but with everything you need. Price is expensive but worth it.

Room Tip: I only stay with the internal window view, the harbour view room should be the best view and you can...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 23, 2013 via mobile

After travelling Europe and Africa for months, the Fullerton was the last hotel we stayed in and was a fitting end to a fantastic time. The staff couldn't do enough to assist in our every need, the rooms were spacious, quite, beautifully clean and appointed with all you could want. Little extras like a turn down service which included a 2nd clean up of the room, or the use of a chauffeur driven Mercedes to take you to the hot shopping spots, just added to the experience. A balcony overlooking the river or access to their sister hotels swimming pool, (they DO have a pool of their own as well), was gorgeous. We've stayed in many 5 star hotels, however this one will be always considered to be in our list of favourites.

• Stayed January 2013
Province of Lucca, Italy
Reviewed August 22, 2013

This was our first visit to the Fullerton and we were very happy with it. Upon arriving, we were given a free upgrade from a garden view room to a river view room, and I honestly think we would not have been so enthusiastic about the hotel had we stayed in the original room!

The hotel is magnificent both in internal and external design, and the river view room was plush and elegant. Staff were friendly, professional and eager to please, and we particularly enjoyed the excellent view, service and food we received at the Lighthouse Bar, which is not to be missed! The pool areas are gorgeous and well-maintained. I also enjoyed a good experience at the in-house spa, where I got the best manicure and pedicure of my life.

The staff was also aware that we were celebrating a special occasion, and arranged for an absolutely gorgeous plate of mixed chocolate truffles and a bottle of wine to be sent to our room, which we very much appreciated.

The only possible disappointment was the Club lounge, which due to it's floor plan (it is in an open space that other guests must walk through to access their rooms) makes it feel rather impersonal and not very exclusive. The staff, while very friendly, had to be asked multiple times for simple requests like extra cutlery (on one occasion I had to ask four times for a glass of water).

It is an expensive place to stay, but we felt it was worth it. However, again, I'm not sure we would feel the same way if we had not gotten the upgrade. In any case it's a magnificent place especially for first-timers to Singapore, as the view and the riverfront infinity pool are just fantastic.

Room Tip: The river front rooms are excellent.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
England
Reviewed August 21, 2013

I stayed here for three nights during a short city break. I’ve been to Singapore many times and I found the location of this hotel to be the most convenient. However, my stay wasn’t perfect. When we arrived there were not any doormen stationed outside the hotel and so we struggled with our cases up the steps to the entrance, so my first impression was poor. The desk is a little far from the main entrance so luckily a staff member appeared to take my luggage and escorted me to check in which was quick. I was offered an upgrade which included breakfast and afternoon tea which seemed like a good deal but I choose not to pay extra since I knew I would not be spending much time at the hotel. I was shown to my room and my luggage arrived promptly after. It’s a shame my room overlooked the hotel lobby as I like to know how the weather is. The room was nice with a large bathroom. I would say my stay was pretty average and I will probably stay elsewhere when I return to Singapore.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Willaston, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 21, 2013

We stayed at this amazing hotel for 2 nights(present from the kids) on our way to Hong Kong.The hotel was spotless, everyone was so helpful. Champagne breakfast, afternoon tea and cocktails early evening. Singapore was an experience, We went on the open top bus, river cruise, the flyer and Raffles Hotel. the pool was refreshing after a day out sight seeing, just wish we could have spent a few more days there. Excellent experience. Will be back in 2014

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Melbourne
Reviewed August 21, 2013

What a beautiful historical hotel ! Generously sized rooms. Staff so friendly and helpful. Breakfast excellent. Well located. An oasis and refuge from the many shopping malls and sanitised atmosphere of Singapore.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple