For my girlfriend's birthday I wanted to get the absolute best, and having previously worked at the Fullerton I did not have to think twice about where to get it. Everyone here constantly exhausts themselves to pamper the guests and they stop nowhere short of perfection. The price may be a little high but is definitely very competitive for a 5-star property in Singapore; the value you get is way over the top, both in terms of room, amenities and service. Worth every penny.
Amazing service doesn't only start upon check-in. Way ahead of our stay date Harris from Guest Recognition assisted in preparing our visit and arranged everything to the detail. My girlfriend fell in love with the hotel immediately, and that is to a large part thanks to Harris' fantastic help.
When we checked in the front desk was extremely busy, and the room situation was so bad that we could not be given a room until 3pm - that meant a one hour wait. We were invited to drinks (that is, any number of any drink on the menu!) at the Post Bar, which is just a lovely quiet spot to hang out and relax. In the end, we received an upgrade two categories up from what we had booked, even though our rate was such a bargain it is almost shameful to pay that little for such a hotel at all.
In general, the staff at the Front Office is doing a fantastic job and are eager to help out with anything that may not even come to your mind. Dropping names is fruitless as every single person there is truly amazing; professional, friendly and efficient.
Our room 841 is one of the better Heritage Rooms (be careful when booking this category for some are just terrible and dark while others are just shy of suites) with full-length windows and a terrific view of the Singapore River and Boat Quay, bright and incredibly spacious. Everything exudes understated luxury and the room is packed with more amenities than could ever be used in one night. We had not requested for a newspaper but still received a complimentary Straits Times delivered to our doorstep.
Unfortunately, the pool is only 1.2m shallow, so not quite suitable for the athletic types, and at times quite crowded. But the view from the edge on the Singapore River is fantastic and definitely beats Marina Bay Sands. (Everything at the Fullerton beats Marina Bay Sands...)
When the families are gone it is a great spot to relax after dinner. And if you are up for a different view from a larger pool, don't forget that you are invited to use the roof top pool at the Fullerton Bay Hotel as well!
We spoiled ourselves with buffet dinner at Town Restaurant which is, simply put, amazing and has fantastic value for money. The scope of cuisines ranges all over the world and food is prepared freshly in front of your eyes by master chefs, while the service staff has perfected the skill of anticipating needs and prompt serving (a very rare thing to find in Singapore!) Our seats were outside by the riverside which meant compromising between foot traffic and insects vs. a continuously fantastic view of the city. We truly enjoyed the dinner and can't wait to return for more. Breakfast at the same outlet is also magnificent, with a gigantic spread of food and drinks for every taste available. All is absolute top notch quality.
I have travelled all over the world, and this is honestly the best hotel I have ever stayed at. I wouldn't recommend anything else.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Transformed from the Fullerton Building which was built in 1928, The Fullerton Hotel Singapore has been gazetted as Singapore's 71st National Monument. This luxury hotel features 400 elegant rooms and suites with views of the sunlit atrium, city, Singapore River or Marina Bay. Just 25 minutes from the airport, The Fullerton Hotel Singapore is located in the financial and arts districts, within walking distance to the National Gallery and minutes from the city's main shopping belt. The hotel features award-winning restaurants, the stylish Post Bar, an outdoor infinity pool, a 24-hour fitness centre and a luxury spa. We are honoured to be recognised as one of the Top 1 Percent of Hotels in Singapore by TripAdvisor Traveller's Choice Awards 2017. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Agoda, Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Fullerton Hotel Singapore reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Four Seasons Singapore
- Singapore Four Seasons
- Fullerton Hotel Singapore
- The Fullerton Hotel Singapore