“Wow Singapore !! Wow Fullerton !!”

The Fullerton Hotel Singapore
Ranked #21 of 315 Hotels in Singapore
Chennai
“Wow Singapore !! Wow Fullerton !!”
Reviewed April 3, 2013

Fantastic place to stay when in Singapore..I love their bed...you can sleep like a baby here...
The service was excellent, so was the food..The breakfast spread was huge with some fantastic choices...
Locationwise also its very comfortable...The hotel security helps you get a cab and the metro station is just a few minutes walk...
I strongly recommend this hotel to anyone travelling to Singapore...

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank AjithNambiar

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (791)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 31, 2013

First stay at the Fullerton - usually stay at the Pan Pacific - and I was not disappointed. Very comfortable and clean room, attentive and helpful staff, and a great location. I will certainly stay at the Fullerton again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Perth, Australia
Reviewed March 31, 2013

I’ll caveat this review by firstly stating that this hotel room was paid for by my work. At $395.00 p/night for a balcony room overlooking the river, whilst magnificent, is certainly on the very upper end of what I would be willing to spend on a room!
As usual, I’ll start with the positives/pros of the hotel.
Presentation/architecture:
Does this really matter in the great scheme of things? For the price you pay, I’d argue yes, and you want to FEEL like you’re in a top notch hotel for that money. From the outside, the hotel is beautiful, in elegant, almost Edwardian style architecture. Although totally grey from the outside, at night, the hotel lights up beautifully and can easily be seen from atop the Marina bay Sands across the river (we’ll get to the location in a second).
Likewise, the foyer and generally layout of the bar, eating area is also very nice and is what you would expect for a 5 star hotel.
Location:
I wouldn’t say it’s the best in Singapore, but It’s still very close to all the major attractions of Singapore; The Marina Bay Sands Hotel is only a few station stops on the MRT (the nearest underground station stop is a mere walk across the bridge from the hotel) & likewise the botanicall gardens is less than 10 Singapore dollars in a cab.
Across the bridge from the hotel is also Raffles Square, where the museum & arts centre is, if that tickles your fancy.
Short 5 min walk along the river and you have literally rows of cheap, hawker style restaurants offering plenty of Asian cuisine.
Walk another 15 mins (or again, short, cheap taxi ride) and you’re in Clarke Quay – an excellent night out for a group of guys, or just with the cheese and kisses (Mr’s).
View from room:
What can I say to do it justice – I had a balcony room with view , overlooking the room & Singapore river. Magnificent; just look at the pictures.
What I didn’t like…??
Not much really, but if I was paying full rack price myself, I’d say the room itself. It’s spacious, clean and nice, but it could really do with a facelift. Has abit of a 90’s feel & feels a little dated. But hey, how long are you really spending in the room itself, right?
Overall, I’d recommend it, but I couldn’t say it was value for money (yes, I didn’t pay for it, but if I was) AND at the same price, can’t help but think about the Marina Bay Sands across the river..

Room Tip: balcony room view on the 2nd floor - ask for room 265, which is where I was.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed March 31, 2013

The hotel is in a great location along Singapore river, close to boat quay and empress place. There is no lack of dining options and we also discovered a good thai massage spa along boat quay called sabai sabai. Service at check in was quick and good. Breakfast that came free with the room was fantastic although there was a snaking queue on both mornings we dined there. I really miss the pancakes with orange mascarpone. All in all, we had a very good and relaxing stay in theheritage room although service is a little bit uneven and can be improved. E.g. Breakfast queue; complimentary fruits and special request pillows were delivered to room after we checked in and in the end, kept having the door rang.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank toffeebee
Reviewed March 30, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for two nights and were generally pleased. The check in was fast and pleasant. The room had an inside view and was less than stellar. While I admit that I obtained the room at a discounted price I still would expect a view of something for 300 dollars per night. The room itself was clean and adequate just not luxurious as I would have expected. The property itself is grand and beautiful. The pool is great with and amazing view of the water. The gym is small but nice with top of the line equipment. We did not experience the restaurant of room service due to the insane costs. 15 dollars for a beer, 19 for any well drink... Crazy. Breakfast 53 dollars. I don't mind spending a bit of money for fine dining but give me a break. House keeping was marginal. It seemed they made the bed but that's about it. Empty cans left in place.

Overall I would stay here again but with some adjusted expectations.

• Stayed March 2013
Singapore
Reviewed March 29, 2013

This is a late review as I stayed in Fullerton Hotel over New Year's eve. The Ritz Carlton (my usual choice for National Day Parade fireworks) was fully booked for the countdown party on the Marina Float. So I had to scamper around and in the end managed to book a club room at The Fullerton Hotel that had a view of the fireworks.
Check in was pretty smooth and easy but as the roads were closed around the area for the countdown party, parking was a bit hairy. Basically, you have to pay $20 for parking for that day and when you have parked inside the hotel, you cannot move your car at all till the roads are open again (from 10pm to like 1am or 2am).
It wasn't a problem for me as I stayed overnight anyway but it was a problem for my friends who were coming to join me for the revelry in the room. They parked somewhere else and walked to the hotel.
But the car park to the hotel is quite a walk. The underpass from One Fullerton to Fullerton Hotel always never fail to smell like puke. It's not dingy. It's carpeted. And it's bright and well-lighted up. But it smells like puke. I guess no thanks to the clubs at One Fullerton.
As the hotel was right smack in the thick of the action, security was pretty tight (which is good I guess so you will not have unsavory characters in the hotel lobby). So I had to go to the lobby to get my friends in. Oh and they had a celebration party as well and Fullerton Hotel had like thousands of balloons being released at the hotel lobby for their own party to mark their 10 years anniversary or something like that. It even made the headline news the next day.
As the hotel was an old post office building, I think the layout of the rooms are all different. And the hotel is really big. So once you get off from the lift, you have to walk quite a bit of distance to get to your room. It can be confusing initially.
As it was a club room, we had afternoon tea but the spread is quite so-so. And there were lots of Japanese tourists staying in the hotel too. I been to the MBS afternoon tea spread for their Club Rooms and they had a lot more variety of food and had a view to boot too. But having said that, I can't tell you for sure which room is more expensive. But I definitely paid a fair penny for this room at Fullerton because of New Year's eve and the fireworks view.
The room was pretty spacious. The bed was comfortable although a bit high to get up to. The bathroom was spacious and the toiletries were Molton Brown (I like!). It was clean and comfortable.
The pool was an infinity pool and it faced the Singapore River. But sadly did not have a chance to dip my toes in it as it poured the afternoon I checked in. The pool looks good.
Ordered room service and it was prompt and they set up the dining trolley very well. Very "fine-dining" even for room service.
The breakfast options in the morning was good too.Spread was good. But it was probably a wee bit crowded at the dining area (no doubt because of the holiday).
And yes, I did catch a view of the fireworks. And it was kind of partially blocked by the pillars of the hotel facade. But the view was still awesome and well, it was comforting to be in my room enjoying the view instead of being in the crowd that were milling outside Fullerton.
But when I decided to turn in to bed at around 2am, I could still hear faint thumping of music somewhere. I fall asleep easily so it wasn't much of a problem for me. Oh well, it's the new year anyway.
Check out was painless and all staff were friendly and amicable. From the housekeeping to the security guys to the concierge etc etc.
All in all, it was a good staycation.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed March 29, 2013

I always try to stay at heritage hotels and when I friend was visiting Singapore I joined her in a twin suite more out of curiosity than anything as Singapore is my home. I enjoyed my stay at the Fullerton but found the lobby although impressive , not to my style and somewhat intimidating , especially for a heritage style hotel , to long and busy ( I imagine that’s due to the hotel formally being a post office ) .
I also had issues with the Wi-Fi which in this day and age is surprising, but on the plus side … a great choice of restaurants within the hotel and a good pool and gym, service was friendly. The breakfast buffet offered a huge variety; I was surprised and impressed, though the coffee was not great.
We enjoyed our stay overall.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends