“the best in town” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #24 of 308 Hotels in Singapore
hongkong
“the best in town”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2012

exceptionally service with great stylish hotel.. I learned from the staff that it was a historical building, it used to be a post office building and later changed into a hotel.. it was extremely stylish and I really like it. the room was great as it is quite big and everything seems perfect.. the location was great too as there are few bars around the area.. this is not my first trip to singapore but if you are a leisure travel, the hotel is very close to the famous Singapore Lion, one of the most important landmark in Singapore.. even though the price is not cheap, but will definitely return in exchange for the great service and location..

Room Tip: room facing the main road has a little noise but still ok, acceptable..
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (751)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2012

Normally The Fullerton is way out of my price range but I caught a good 3for2 special. The location was fantastic for walking to everything I wanted: marina, financial district, boat/clarke quay, marina sands, chinatown, etc. The only negative for me was that my room faced the interior with a very small window so I sometimes felt claustrophobic, made for great sleeping though. The room was huge with tall ceilings! Had lots of colonial era detail but was very clean and modern. Breakfast buffet was top notch. I personally love all the fresh fruit you get in Singapore.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank bz007
Bath, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2012

We booked a room for a two night weekend not knowing anything of the hotel. We were immediately struck by the magnificent architecture and then by the discrete but attentive service.
Our room was facing the quay with stunning views of the Marina Bay Sands, the Singapore Flyer and the Fullerton Bay hotel. If we thought the daytime view was superb that was nothing to the nighttime when a laser light show played out across the bay, truly fabulous spectacle. Extremely comfortable room, pillows to die for and then a wonderful buffet breakfast. We'll be back

Room Tip: Try for quay room on a higher floor. Wonderful views and high enough for the traffic noise not to bo...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank PMO44
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2012

I took up a couple package and stay over at Fullerton for a night. It was my fiancée birthday and It is meant to be a surprise for her. A very big thank you for the prompt email reply from the team, you guys are very efficient and directed the email to different department to handle my queries efficiently. Without you people who attended to all my request, I couldnt do it single handledly for her surprise. Other than that you guys really presented a extreme good service, suggesting thoughtful ideas to me so that I can asked for her cake to be delivered yet without letting her know, a hand written birthday card by your GM, a heart shape kaya toast while we have our breakfast at town restaurant. Breakfast at the town restaurant was very nice, in room dining idea is great, the western menu is very good. But the Asian menu which I had bak kut teh was nice, but as a Singaporean I've tasted even better bak kut teh hence I would say there is still room for improvement. My room that I gotten is facing MBS, the room is very well position, part of the plan was to bring her over to MBS to watch the laser show, but once I saw the position of the room, I was delighted, because we can view it a cross our room balcony. Thank you Fullerton for making it happen for us. This place is highly recommended to all couples.
Regards
Shayn Nga Wei Xiong

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ShaynNga
Manila, Philippines
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2012

The offer of a room facing the Marina Bay was attractive enough for me to check in during the weekend of August 18, 2012. The room was well-furnished and had a relaxing ambience which during an afternoon nap was rudely interrupted by the traffic noise of buses pulling up a street stop visible from the room and in front of the hotel. I complained to the duty manager who then sent someone up the room to look into the noise. The staff who arrived saw that the windows were not sufficiently sealed to silence the rising traffic noise. The front desk then offered to relocate me to a room in the other wing of the hotel facing the river but I said that I was booked for a room facing the bay. The staff initially responded by saying that the other rooms facing the bay were already taken. I insisted on the booking that I paid for. The staff agreed and came back with a sweet surprise. Suffice it to say that the room change made my stay immensely memorable and showed me how seriously Fullerton Hotel has taken to heart the comfort of its guests. Take a bow Fullerton Hotel for the class act you showed me.

Room Tip: Check that the room facing the bay is solidly quiet and you do not hear the bus traffic from the str...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Miguel R
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2012

Superb hotel with magnificent architecture and a view of Marina Bay Sands outstanding (Quay Room). The quality of service is up to the reputation of this palace. It is difficult to make any criticism because everything is perfect. The price may seem high, but when compared against a Parisian palace, it is much cheaper to equal service. We spent 5 days idyllic.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Gold Coast, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2012

Arrived at Fullerton early, after realising that the Collyer Suite did not have water views we upgraded to a Fullerton Suite (more than what we wanted to spend but thought why not). We were able to check-in immediately which was appreciated. The Suite was huge and well furnished, beautiful comfy bed and blvgari amenities, and the biggest balcony i have ever seen, very nice. Few problems as it took a while for our Club information to come through and in fact we did not have turn down service that evening. Little thing but when you are paying a bomb you expect the best. Next day we had wi-if problems in the room and once the room attendant could not fix it (she was a very nice staff member) up came a technician and fixed it immediately. Following that all was in order. Room was made up twice daily and always in order. We had access to the Straits Club and they looked after us very well. Was a little disappointed the Club was closed for the last two days and they set up temporary area downstairs to the rear of the main area bar and breakfast in The Town. The food and beverage offering in the Straits Club was excellent, free flowing Moët & Chandon (even for breakfast). Staff were very attentive. Pool area was nice and when we arrived the attendant bought out ice cold water and then offered fresh fruit. Great location with easy walking access to the Merlion and Boat Quay, also a Bum Boat stop out front of the hotel. Reciprocal rights at Fullerton Bay Hotel as well. They also gave us a late check-out which again was appreciated. For about the same price We have been lucky to stay at Raffles previously and have found it hard to beat the service they offer, this came close and you also get the benefits of the Straits Club. If a good deal was available we would be happy to stay here again.

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple