19 people are viewing this hotel
$386
View deal
Reserve now, pay at stay
$386
eDreams
$350
Official Site$387
Hotels.com$386
ZenHotels.com$667
8,830 results
All reviews straits club town restaurant courtyard room jade restaurant heritage room rooftop bar high tea boat quay marina bay birthday celebration beautiful hotel light show service staff duty manager infinity pool buffet breakfast the club lounge
Selected filters
Reviewed September 12, 2011

Went to this hotel twice for business trips. It is a landmark hotel in Singapore but does not live only from that. In fact, besides the privileged location, close to many attractions , good restaurants, the River and the F1 track, it offers very good services, clean and very comfortable rooms and some sort of atmosphere which makes the place welcoming.
One high point is the swimming pool overlooking the River and the bridge, ideal if you arrive from a long flight in the end of the afternoon.
For the business traveller, I saw some people having business breakfast meetings there and there are even more convenient rooms and lounges for that effect.
Also from that hotel it is convenient to go for meetings in Singapore but also explore tourist attractions.
Recently new hotels have come to Singapore, particularly at the new Marina complex. i still like this one and would recommend it to anyone.

Date of stay: October 2010
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank cnroadster
Reviewed September 10, 2011

I went on a weekend getaway to celebrate my partner's birthday and booked a night's stay at the Fullerton.

It was the best hotel experience I've ever had. From the checking in to checking out, service was very good. The receptionist checked me in and escorted us to our room on the 2nd highest floor. Not only did she escort us, she also showed us the room and explained the use of the control (that operated the room lights and curtains). We had a Quay Room and faced the Ocean (Merlion, Esplanade, Marina Bay Sands, Arts Science Museum). It was a nice view.

I hadn't experienced an in-room dining service that the fullerton offers. We ordered some Chicken Rice and Pasta for a late lunch, and Room service rolled in a table to serve us. The food was kept in a warming compartment under the table to keep it warm during the transport. The best part though, was dinner. A 4 course in-room dining service where the manager came to our room to see that everything was well. He also asked us how long we'd like to have our starters before serving the main course, etc. A very friendly and approachable fella. The food itself was also very good. The soups and salad were rich and tasty, and my steak was very tasty. Guess you'll have to try it yourself!

They were very sweet about the birthday celebration, wishing my partner happy birthday. They served us a complementary birthday cake (quite a large slice, we couldn't finish it!) and wrote a little birthday card too.

The room itself was luxurious, the bathroom had a large tub and a nice rain shower adjacent to it. There was also a balcony where you could go outside to enjoy the sights. We saw the night light show (marina bay sands).

Never had I been able to stay a full 24 hours in a hotel room and want to stay in it longer. (well, technically, I was there for 22hrs). I would love to go there again.

note: the package that I signed up for was the weekend getaway that included complimentary bathrobes, breakfast buffet, 4 course in-room dining meal and bubblebath as well as a choice of house wine or bouquet of flowers. I went for the house wine, and it was a nice white wine (cost about 70SGD).

Room tip: ask for a quay room on the top floors. wonderful view
1  Thank missylo
Reviewed September 8, 2011

Travelling to Singapore on business, I was advised by colleagues to stay at the Fullerton, as it was right in the middle of the business area, and easy to walk to all of my meetings.

The hotel certainly is central, and it is also very nice and well appointed. Food was generally excellent. Rooms were clean and comfortable, although slightly austere. I was left with the distinct impression that it was trying to pass itself off as a compatriot of Raffles, but without quite pulling it off.

Two things particularly irked me during my stay at the Fullerton (and I may just have been unlucky). During my second night there, and ahead of my meetings the following day, some moron started doing construction work down the hall at about 2am, which lasted until 3.30am. Full on power tools, drilling, hammering. No one at front desk answered when I rang to complain. That I find enormously tiresome. Secondly, on my way to the airport, I realised I had left my suit jacket on the back of a chair. I telephone the hotel, who took my details and assured me that they would send my suit jacket to my office in Hong Kong. However, the suit jacket never turned up. Disappointing.

Date of stay: April 2011
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank Rhone_Man
Reviewed September 6, 2011

My wife and I got married at the Hotel in end-August and stayed there for two nights. From start to finish the Hotel staff and managers made us feel like Kings and Queens. Each time we saw them we were personally greeted. Further, they pulled no stops in providing us all they could. For instance, one of their staff had the initiative to offer us a bottle of champagne on the morning of the day we were about to check out, just to sweeten the last day of our stay.

Coordinating with the hotel on our wedding was also made very easy by their prompt and flexible service (where possible).

All in all, the Hotel has left a distinctive mark on our memories and we will certainly be back again when the occasion calls for it.

Kudos to management and staff of the Fullerton Hotel for what was an unforgettable 3 days.

1  Thank noslenhog
Reviewed September 5, 2011

We stayed here at the end of a fabulous holiday in KL and Borneo. I was looking forward to staying in this hotel, which I expected to be wonderful in every way. It was good but very impersonal and some things did not match my expectations. I would say that it is a good hotel and very well situated in the heart of all the sights in Singapore. However I would add that:

Firstly, despite arriving late afternoon we had to wait for a couple of hours before the room was ready. We had upgraded to a Quay room and when we finally got to the room it did have fabulous views, however the room itself was quite small and a little tired looking for a 5 star hotel.

Breakfast was good but no one seemed to want to go the extra mile to be helpful - I asked if I could have pancakes and was told , 'No, we aren't doing them today'! Also tea came as a top up from a jug and was luke warm - I think for the price they charged for breakfast they could bring you a pot!

The hotel was good but bearing in mind it is a 5 star hotel it didn't have the Wow factor that I expected - and it was just silly little things that let it down.

Room tip: Worth upgrading to a Quay room - otherwise the rooms look into the hotel.
1  Thank Diana014