“Excellent hotel in a historic building”

The Fullerton Hotel Singapore
Ranked #24 of 312 Hotels in Singapore
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Excellent hotel in a historic building”
Reviewed July 25, 2011

Without the weekend special, this hotel is beyond our budget. But luckily, I found the deal. We were greeted at the door and escorted to the check-in desk. The young staff was energetic, friendly and efficient. They are taught excellent customer service skills. It was early and our room wasn’t ready, so they checked our bags and directed us toward the hop-on hop-off bus stop just out the side door. We got a good overview of the city. Later, when we returned, our keys were waiting and our bags had been brought to the room.
Room 730 is an interior room with a small window looking down toward the enormous lobby. The room is really large with a big desk and chair, a king size bed, big hallway and wonderful bathroom. The air-conditioner was good and the room was nice and cool. The amenities, including two complimentary bottles of water, are nice. But watch out for the bottle of Avian, it’s $16! Our deal included free in room wi-fi.
We enjoyed the breakfast buffet, also included in the weekend deal. There is such a variety of dishes; it was fun trying new things. The service was friendly and efficient.
There’s an underground passage way to the harbor front. We enjoyed the laser light show and the crowds at the Merlion fountain. We also enjoyed strolling across the bridges to the museums after breakfast.
The Fullerton Hotel is a top notch hotel in a neat historic building (the old postoffice.) The service alone is a good reason to check it out.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (778)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
London
Reviewed July 24, 2011

Very good hotel in a fantastic location for visiting Singapore. Excellent and smooth check in and good room. Very wide range of food at buffet - and good (but not outstanding) restaurant service. Rooftop pool is an experience in itself. Nice historic building with great views. Highly recommended.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Malaysia
Reviewed July 20, 2011

Our company has always booked this hotel for all its staff travelling from Germany. I thought I get the company to do the same for me during this business trip.
Location - fantastic. Just less than 5 minutes walk to and fro our office as well as Raffles Place MRT Station. I tried the MRT from Changi to the hotel and it was better, faster and safer (as I was travelling alone at night).

The hotel obviously look old but I am not so particular as long as there is no broken furniture, etc.

I checked in late at around 9pm and check in was pleasant. Similarly during check out!

Breakfast was great but on our 1st day, my colleagues and I chose to eat outside until we saw few birds were having a feast at one of the table...the hotel patron left his food to take his drinks inside...
So we decided to have our breakfast the next day inside..

Another incident which nearly upset me but your staff on duty that night (15th July) were very helpful...my access card did not work and at first it was somehow expired. Then when I tried again after it being activated at the reception desk, I still could not use it. Your staff (I wish I can remember her name) led me from the lift to my room to ensure I can then use my access card. That has somewhat calmed me down...

There was only 1 unpleasant experience at night. As I was sleeping, it must be the room opposite mine...the closing of the door is very loud as if someone is trying to get into my room. It happened a few times (maybe some drunk customer)...since I was too sleepy I forced myself to sleep but I stayed awake at 3.30 a.m.

Overall, I had an interesting and great stay. Staff very pleasant...could see they tried hard to smile when I saw few unhappy customers during my check out.

I would hope to be able to stay in Fullerton Hotel again in my next trip in the next few months.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed July 19, 2011

Hotel is very nice. Great location and building.

Staff service standards are very ordinary- doesnt not match up with Hotel's Image and Brand.

Went swimming late in the night at around 9:30 pm. Although pool is open till 10 pm, did not find a towel- had to go back to the room to grab a towel- thats the basic standards that were missing.

But worth a visit.

Room Tip: Choose pool side rooms- they have a good view
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Brijeshv
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed July 19, 2011

We stayed here for three nights during the superpeak Christmas week. Despite the hectic season full of guests, the hotel maintained it's high standard of impeccable service. Our rooms did not have a view as it faces the wall facade that used to be part of the structure of the old postal building. However, we did not mind as we spent most of our time at the pool, out sight-seeing or dining at the excellent restaurants. When we came back after a long day outdoors, we feel welcomed by comforts of a well-appointed room. Thoroughly enjoyed our stay in Fullerton and also the beautiful city of Singapore.

• Stayed December 2010
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed July 18, 2011

When I was in Singapore for the first time in Sept, 2010, I said I would like to stay at the Fullerton. Fortunately they had a special and I spent two nights here. The room is huge and gorgeous. The bathroom is expansive, with shower and tub. I had probably the least good view, and it was a nice one of the river. The staff is overly attentive, is anything.
I wish I had more time here, as I did not use the pool, which is in a lovely setting overlooking the river. Breakfast was huge with all sorts of types of food.
Good location, easy to walk to tourist spots and about 15 minutes to Chinatown area Hawker Centers. 2 short blocks from the metro, so easy to access from Airport too.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
Muscat
Reviewed July 16, 2011

We stayed at The Fullerton in July 2011 and would definitely recommend it... the staff are friendly and courteous..we had some requirements on infant food and were never disappointed, breakfast is good with a view of the river...unfortunately we did not get around to walking around the hotel but there are plenty of good places to eat and drink around... its bang in the middle of CBD so you will get screwed with surcharges by the taxi if you are using one....its conveniently close to the Raffles MRT and not too far from Orchard, ChinaTown, Little India etc... all in all very recommendable...

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family