“Fantastic service”

Fraser Suites Singapore
Ranked #16 of 317 Hotels in Singapore
Reviewed July 16, 2011

Was amazed at how fantastic the service was and how helpful the staff were. I also found the rooms very pleasant, the breakfast that was included was enjoyable. The pool and gym are fantastic. We had a greaat experience the only down side is the place is not that cheap but other equivalent hotels (in Singapore) aren't either.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank calmtravel56

Reviewed June 29, 2011

I stayed at Fraser Suites Singapore for more than a month during April/May 2011. This was a business trip and mainly chose Fraser due to its top class reputation in the service apartments sector. Spacious apartments with well done rooms. The staff and house keeping were very warm and welcoming and always ready to help. When compared with the other service apartments in the area, Fraser turns out to be slightly expensive, more because of its newly renovated swimming pool and gym area. Decent spread for the breakfast buffet and free daily shuttle services to Orchard Road and other shopping malls.
One disadvantage is that they dont have a Memembership Program like most other hotels and are neither affliated with Starwood or similar programs. Needless to say that this would deter me from coming back to them. Ideal place for families and individuals who prefer to cook.
The management also organizes events on a monthly basis - such as Singapore Zoo Visit, Bird Park Visit etc at very reasonable prices (cheaper than what you would pay at the ticket counter) and even includes pick-up and drop to the hotel. It is also conveniently located, within 10 minutes by cab from the CBD and Orchard Road areas.
Overall a very pleasant experience.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher floor room
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank amitgupta_08
Reviewed February 3, 2011

I have to say after doing a few international relocation I've seen my share of extended stay apartments. Given that this was 4X what these suites generally cost I expected a spacious room and comfortable bed. When we walked in upon arrival we both burst out laughing. It was smaller than the hotel room we'd previously had downtown. The bed we affectionately referred to as "the plank."

The kitchen is pretty average for Singapore. Rage top, sketchy convection oven/microwave combo and poor quality pots and utensils. I did note they used Wedgewood for the tea service. The furniture was an odd mish mash of Ikea, and faux Perkanan/Victorian. There was no dinner table, but then again who cooks here? It's Singapore.

The pool area of beautiful, the gym is quite nice and all the staff were professional. We took advantage of the shuttle service and sometimes did the free breakfast downstairs.
Compared to the Fraser Place location (where our friends were stationed at the same time) this location is really family oriented. There's nothing much to do within walking distance and we soon tired of the few local restaurants. As a wife staying here with a husband working I'd have preferred to be in the Fraser Place location as this was a bit too isolating. I would recommend it if you have kids under 5 and want to stick close to home and meet other moms.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank typebug
Reviewed September 26, 2010

Our family stayed at Fraser Suites serviced apartments in Singapore (on River Valley Road) for the first month of our expat assignment in Singapore. I wanted to write a review particularly for families with small children. This is a great place for kids. It has an indoor "Play Zone" that is huge. Repeat: it is indoor! We took the children to the play zone at least twice a day. It is large, clean, and very well maintained. There is also an outdoor area with plenty of toys and an old sc hool video game room, which was great.

The other highlight is the service. The staff at the front desk and housekeeping were great; but the cafe staff were exceptional.

This is in a wonderful central location. It is connected to a mall with a Cold Storage grocery store and a Starbucks. Extremely convenient. Fraser runs many free private bus shuttles throughout the day -- to the business district morning/evening and to major shopping areas all day.

We stayed in a two bedroom suite that had recently been updated. It was very modern, very nice. I am not sure that all of the rooms are renovated. I recommend you inquire about this when booking. This would be my only concern.

The free breakfast, pool, gym, business center and other amenities were great as well.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank rle99
Reviewed May 9, 2010

Let's get something straight: Fraser Suites has three separate properties in Singapore and has nothing to do with 'Great World' that the previous reviewer wrote about. The River Valley location is part of Valley Point Shopping Center.

I have stayed with Frasers on numerous occasions for extended periods of time. They are a 'service apartment' hotel (for extended stays) and really don't court the nightly or a couple of nights market. This is also the tropics, so there are geckos (harmless, frightened lizards that eat insects) at times on the walls or ceilings (depending on your luck).

The old-fashioned furniture mentioned in other reviews is the Peranakan style, or Straits Chinese (and Malay) style, which is being phased out for ultra-modern chrome and glass decor, sadly. It's a shame people come with such ignorances.

Bottom line: the place is super clean, quiet, and with a ultra-friendly staff that will bend over backwards for you. The location is ideal for just about anything in Singapore and free transportation to major areas is provided. Five bus lines run outside the front door and cheap taxis are plentiful. The property is surrounded by shopping, local neighborhoods and a variety of nice restaurants to fit any taste or budget.

If you aren't satisfied here, you can't be satisfied.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled on business
3  Thank singabob
Reviewed March 20, 2010

In 2008-2009 I had the great pleasure of staying at Great World City (GWC) Serviced Apartments. This place has modern, spacious apartments and includes a magnificent pool, tennis court and more. It is also situated above a large, modern shopping mall. It's a shame to say it, but some days you do not even need to leave the complex.

When a colleague told me that he had stayed at Fraser Suites (FS) and that FS was an even better place I was truly intrigued.

Cut to the present day and I was given an opportunity to stay here. My company set up my apartment. I knew that as a sailor I may have to share a double apartment, but upon my arrival the reception staff informed me that I would have to actually share a room with another man. I was dumbfounded. I phoned my company and they confirmed that I should have my own room. The reception staff "discovered" an email (hard copy) just next to their phone informing them of this fact. I was then told that the room had not been cleaned by housekeeping. It then started to make sense: No one wanted to clean the room so they decided to put me in a room with another man. I had to find my own sheets and make the bed. The apartment was a disaster from the previous tenant but that is another story.

I was told that there was refurbishment going on but it was being done on the 2nd floor. I had been given a 6th floor apartment and I soon discovered that there was work being done directly below on the 5th floor. 2 days of rest and relaxation wasted at this place. The staff was very "diplomatic" when I requested that the work should be shut down at 1800. I do not think they did a thing. I think the staff should actually follow up on their words.

The pool was small (compared to GWC) but a nice break from the noise. The pool staff and catering staff were VERY friendly and may be the only thing keeping me from giving a one-star rating.

Rooms are a bit dated. The view from the 5th floor is worthless. 2-room apartment has no oven. A/C control was hard to set correctly.

I would highly recommend Great World City over Fraser Suites.

Stayed: March 2010, traveled on business
5  Thank jbinfl
Reviewed February 6, 2010

Fantastic place to stay for families with children. Welcome was very warm and friendly. We were given a welcome hamper and the children each received a soft toy. This was totally unexpected and a very pleasant surprise as we had just got in after midnight.
There is free scheduled shuttle bus to popular shopping areas so access will not be an issue. Full cooking facility if you need one. However close by are many restaurants catering for all taste. A convenient store is also located in the same area. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and would definitely return.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled with family