I'll start with the negatives -- The MRT is far. It's a good 12-minute walk to the Clarke Quay station (but only a three-minute walk to the bus stop). So you're kind of forced to take cabs when in a hurry. Good thing is, it's easy to hail one.
The washing machine is too sophisticated to master (or else I'm just hopeless - but even my tech-savvy friend couldn't make sense of it). My clothes shrank and turned blue.
The positives -- The gym is very well-equipped. The treadmills are top-of-the-line, and it even has a sauna and a steam room.
The pool area is quite nice, with lots of lounge chairs and even a small patio with beds.
The breakfast is small, but varies each day. Kitchen staff is friendly and efficient.
The apartments are nicely furnished, in a pastel-hued Mediterranean-style. The couch could be bigger and more comfortable.
For eating and drinking, location is superb. There are many hip bars and restaurants in the immediate surroundings. Wine Connection is just downstairs. For ramen fans, Ippudo and Meeharu are a stone's throw away. TCC is next door too, for a coffee run. There's a grocery at UE mall, across the road.
I quite like the neighbourhood. It's central, but not boxy and businesslike. The buildings are mostly medium-rises, there's a neighbourhood hawker or two, and it feels peopled, which you won't always get in Singapore.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Fashioned in the style of a Mediterranean village, Fraser Place Robertson Walk evokes a delightful and vibrant ambience. It offers 164 spacious and contemporary styled residences, ranging from one-, two- and three-bedroom suites and features a comprehensive range of lifestyle amenities to fulfil the needs of today's discerning travellers. Ideally situated near the banks of the historic Singapore River, the serviced residence enjoys close proximity to the Central Business District, and easy access to the entertainment riverside corridor of Clarke Quay and Boat Quay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Agoda, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Priceline and Travelocity so you can book your Fraser Place Robertson Walk, Singapore reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fraser Place Robertson Walk Hotel Singapore
- Fraser Place Robertson Walk, Singapore