5,006 results
All reviewsthe executive loungecentennial suitegolden peonysuntec cityrubber duckteddy bearpromenade mrt stationdiamond membermillenia walkmarina baypillow menuturn down servicemain restaurantan upgradebuffet breakfastlate checkpan pacific
Reviewed April 12, 2010

Stayed at the Conrad on the tail end of a 2 weeks Asia trip. Nothing negative to say about the experience. The hotel is getting a bit dated, and the pool area is just very average. Front desk and executive level lounge service was excellent. Only stayed in Singapore for 48 hours and thats about all you need as there is not much to do in the city !!

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 11, 2010

Faultless and effortless hotel, from check-in too check out, we couldnt fault the hotel service or friendly staff. the only slight issue we had was the some what dated pool area. The rooms were of a very high standard too.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ashton75
Reviewed April 10, 2010

Stayed at this hotel with extended family ( 3 rooms) for 7 nights beginning April 2010 - on 23rd floor. Initially was quite impressed with the service, rooms, pool, staff etc. Bathroom is large and extremely clean. Hotel is tucked away but connected to numerous malls and near fountain of wealth with lots of eating options. Breakfast and dinner at 'Oscars' was exceptional. The hotel must have been full on the first 2 nights as we had to have breakfast in the Ballroom which was no where near as good as Oscars. They have a great selection, and Neil on the waffle station was superb.

However after the 4th night maintenance works began on the same floor that we were all on. This consisted of painting doors with high strength oil paints/varnishes, and then removing wallpaper and re-wallpapering using glues and adhesives. The first night we had EXTREMELY strong fumes coming through the airconditioning in one of our rooms. Went to reception where we were offered to move rooms the FOLLOWING AFTERNOON. The next day we were offered a new room on the same floor, so we packed up and moved. There were ioniser machines up and down the corridor, and I thought this would be it. Not so, the works continued and each day there were at least 4 workmen with ladders and wallpaper EVERYwhere, vacuum cleaners all through the aisle, and the fumes - my goodness. I was so shocked and went and contacted reception - I just got a 'sorry for the inconvenience'. I couldn't believe that a 5 star hotel would carry out major maintenance works on the same floor where guests were staying. It wasn't just the inconvenience of having to walk through all the mess, but the strong fumes gave us all headaches/nausea/dry coughs etc etc. Couldn't believe the attitude of the staff when we checked out. They obviously didn't see it as a problem, and for this reason I will never stay at a Conrad or recommend this hotel to anyone. There are plenty of other hotels in the area that treat their guests better than this. I suggest you try 'The Fairmont', 'Pan Pacific' or 'Marina Mandarin'.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed April 8, 2010

My 16 year old son and I had two Business Rooms booked at the Conrad for three nights over Easter on our way home to Australia from Seoul.

I had been lucky enough to see their January Sale prices for weekends at the Hotel throughout 2010 (paid in full in advance) and they were too good to pass up. I will plan my next visit to Singapore (and I'm sure there'll be one as I love that place!!) so as to take advantage of this sale again if I can. (I paid a TOTAL, ie. including all taxes, of SGD600 per room and one of the nights wasn't even classed as a weekend!!). As these were Business Rooms we also received SGD20 credit for laundry per room per day, and a guaranteed late checkout of 3pm. In fact, one of the rooms was extended to 5pm as our flight didn't leave for home until 9pm. GREAT value.

Lots has been said about the comfort and amenities of the rooms and it's all true - great beds, great plasma screens with good channels, beautiful bathrooms, quality fittings, beautiful timber accents and sensational views. And breakfast (included in my price) was fabulous!

One challenge is to negotiate the best route to the City Hall MRT - although the new Circle line will be open any day now and that will make getting around Singapore from the Conrad a lot easier. They had a "soft" opening of this line on one of our days in town and 50,000 people showed up to ride it for free between 11am and 4pm!!

Nearby malls include Marina Square (find it via the Millenia Walk opposite the Hotel) and Suntec City. Raffles City is also close. Walking through the underground walkways/arcades makes all this a pleasant experience - over ground is quicker, but sweatier!!

A couple of Food Courts are nearby - closest to the Conrad is "Koufu" (I think the spelling is correct) and we ate there a couple of times as it was soooo close and convenient and yummy!! Then there is the Food Loft at top of Marina Square (next best) and Food Republic at Suntec (third best as always sooo busy it's hard to find anywhere to sit down!!).

Hope those hints help - LOVED the Conrad and if I can get that price again I'll be back there in a flash!!

• Stayed: April 2010
1  Thank Talk61
Reviewed April 7, 2010

clean, nice, near to the city, and to the train station. its accessible to the near tourism spots of singapore.

Stayed: April 2010, traveled with family