“Great hotel”

Conrad Centennial Singapore
Ranked #20 of 317 Hotels in Singapore
Reviewed July 8, 2014

This was my 2nd visit to the Conrad Singapore. It is a great hotel with excellent service. We went to the executive lounge for afternoon tea and had delightful staff look after us. As we were travelling with our kids, we were placed in a separate part of the lounge (as it is supposed to be 'kid-free') with the staff were very obliging. We had inter-connecting rooms as requested which was necessary with the kids. Rooms are well equipped and clean. Our only major incident which was really the fault of one staff member not thinking, was hot chocolate ordered for the kids which was far too hot resulting in our kids scalding their mouths. The staff did run over with ice once they realised the problem. The hotel is across the road from Suntec and numerous shopping malls nearby. We would return to this hotel if staying in Singapore again.

Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
CC_Sing, General Manager at Conrad Centennial Singapore, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2014

Dear iglortho,

It gives us great pleasure to know that you and your family enjoyed your recent experience at Conrad Centennial Singapore. Thank you very much for your positive feedback, especially of our service. It is rewarding for our team members to realise that their warmth and attentiveness contributed to your memorable stay.

We are sorry once again for any inconvenience caused to your children from the hot chocolate. We look forward to delivering more great Conrad hospitality experiences to you and your family when you all return to Singapore in the future.

Mark Meaney

Write a ReviewReviews (4,570)

Reviewed July 7, 2014

Yes, Conrad Centennial is a pretty nice hotel and I would probably rate it excellent if I stayed there any time other than during FIFA Soccer World Cup... After staying in six different hotels in four different Southeast Asia countries during that trip, Conrad Centennial in Singapore was my last home away from home. Despite the fact that, as the vast majority of luxury hotels do, they charge for Wi-Fi, the first day of our stay was smooth, comfortable mattress, clean room, beautiful view and good overall service. The inconceivable was still to come... Although we live in the United States, we are Brazilians, so we expected to be able to watch the Soccer World Cup games from the comfort of our room, as we did in ALL six hotels we stayed during this summer vacation. Because of the time difference, most games were broadcasted to Singapore either late night or very early morning. The one I was very excited to watch, Brazil versus Chile, was scheduled for 2:00 AM on June 29th. It took me a 10 minutes research through dozens of channels to realize that none of them were broadcasting the game. I called the front desk and was informed that I could watch the game at Oscar’s, one of Conrad’s restaurants. Putting aside the discomfort of dressing up and leaving the room at 2:00 AM I was shocked to find out that the small television had been set at the outside patio of the restaurant, with no air-conditioning and ceiling fans blowing Singapore summer heat over my head. There was no good spot to sit because all tables were occupied by other guests and I had to argue with a waiter to have a manager bringing me a table and a chair which was finally located at a good spot. I guess Conrad Centennial Singapore was the only hotel on planet Earth not to offer in-room FIFA World Cup broadcasting. The following morning I talked to a hotel employee, whose name, for obvious reasons I cannot disclose, who incentivized me to write this review since he received several similar complaints from other guests. I really hope Conrad Centennial rethinks that unacceptable procedure and change it for future World Cups. If not, unless you are a regular American or any other person who does not care for soccer, do not stay at the Conrad Centennial in Singapore during FIFA World Cup!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Aidner

Dear Aidner,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review, your feedback is very much appreciated and I am glad that you found our guest room comfortable, and would have otherwise rated our hotel as excellent.

While we understand the excitement that the World Cup brings to all our guests, we sincerely apologise for the inconvenience you encountered that affected what could have been a more positive stay experience. We have always broadcast the games shown on national television and not Pay Per View. Therefore the World Cup Final, scheduled to be aired on national television, will be shown live in our guest rooms on Monday, 14 July.

Please rest assured that your feedback is important to us and we will take this into account for future international sporting events. Thank you for staying with us and we hope for another opportunity to deliver a better Conrad Centennial Singapore experience to you should you travel through Singapore in the future.

Reviewed July 5, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here with family between 27-31 may 2014 and overall the experience was very good. The hotel in the Marina bay area gives hood access to shopping malls, Gardens by the Bay, The Marina sands hotel, Singapore Sky park, Suntec city malls etc.

The staff have been very helpful as ND courteous - loved the help extended by Mr. Prasad at securing cabs. The room - King classic deluxe good for a family of three and ours was overlooking both the Fountain of Wealth and a view of the bay.

The Indian menu in to service is good and tasty and if you can log into the business plan there are lot of advantages.

This was my second visit and the first one in 2001, thirteen years back and u was quite sure that my current stay will be either the Conrad.

Overall quite a nice stay.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
CC_Sing, General Manager at Conrad Centennial Singapore, responded to this reviewResponded July 6, 2014

Dear EnigmaticIndia,

Thank you very much for letting us know what made your Conrad Centennial Singapore experience a memorable one. It is rewarding for my team members, especially Prasad, to realise that their attentive service highlighted your stay.

We really appreciate your positive feedback and look forward to having you with us again in the future. It would be our pleasure to be of service to you and your family again.

Reviewed July 5, 2014

where do I start???

Ok, this is like the 4th time I travelled to Asia but this is my first time staying at Conrad Hotel. So let me tell you what kind of service we got that I gave them 5 stars

1. When we got out of the cab, they opened the door for us. who does that? in the US, they have automatic doors.
2. When I checked in, Michelle ( I think that was her name) was so pleasant and always smiling. After check in, she took us to our floor and showed us our room.
3. They gave us apples, chocolates, and a teddy bear for my kid. They even have a rubber duck for the tub.
4. At night, they come to your room and prepare your slippers next to your bed
5. The breakfast buffet on the 4th floor is so good. There were tables...and more tables of food. They served rice, soup, baked salmon, indian food, lots of bread, cereals, sausages, eggs, omelettes, dumplings, etc. I think there were more than 8 tables and I got confused as to which ones I should try first.

However, there were some minor issues:
1. the tiles in the shower needs major caulking.
2. the rooms are small, but the bathroom is huge
3. the servers on the 4th floor (breakfast buffet) seems to be in a rush. For example, I just finished my soup and they will take the bowl right away....but I want to get another bowl of soup. Or they will take my fork away and give me a new one. I feel being rushed...or maybe that's their culture...not really sure.

when we ate dinner, we went to the SUNTEC mall across the street. Go to the basement and they will have arrays of inexpensive food. Please note they have a different store for drinks and that they don't give you napkins. So before you go there, bring napkins.

Also, taxi is cheap. We went to Universal studios and it only cost us less than 15 SGD.

Overall, I love Conrad!!!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family

Dear Jomama_Fosho,

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay at Conrad Centennial Singapore, I am delighted to read that our service highlighted your experience with us.

My team members have received your positive feedback with much gratitude and we are glad that you all felt well-looked after during your stay. We are addressing the minor issues you have brought up and continue to work at delivering the best Conrad hospitality experience to all our guests.

It was our pleasure to have you all with us and we hope to see you again on your next visit to Singapore.

Reviewed July 4, 2014

We had a 3 night stay here and the location was perfect for everything we wanted to do. We used the hop on off bus to get around and there is a stop at Suntec (across the road). We enjoyed the stay but wish we hadn't paid the extra for their breakfast, it was average at best. There are so many other places we could've tried. The hotel facilities are fine.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear KarenRevesby,

My team and I are delighted that you enjoyed your recent stay with us. We have noted your comment regarding our breakfast spread and continue to refine our offerings through our on-going food menu review and quality checks.

Thank you for your feedback and we hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed July 2, 2014

I've stayed at this hotel 3-4 times, usually for 4-5 days at a stretch. The property is well maintained, clean, the staff are very friendly and helpful. The pool is fantastic. The gym area, while small, is clean and sufficient.

The breakfast buffet is great, nice selection of food -- for all tastes. The bar areas (both inside and outside) are also nice.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
CC_Sing, General Manager at Conrad Centennial Singapore, responded to this reviewResponded July 4, 2014

Dear shs111,

My team and I are delighted that you have enjoyed your Conrad Centennial Singapore experiences. We truly appreciate your kind feedback and it is always our pleasure to welcome you back to your home away from home!

Reviewed July 1, 2014

Conrad Singapore is located very close to the business district and ideal for business travelers. This was my first stay in Conrad Singapore, though I have stayed in other Conrad hotels before. The room was quite spacious fitted with modern furniture and fixture. It had a very good view of the Marina bay. The room was also very quiet.The staff are very courteous and the check-in and check-out process was very swift and efficient. The breakfast is quite sumptuous and full of variety of food. Overall I had a very satisfying experience.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Conrad Hotels & Resorts

Dear Udaya Shankar J,

Thank you for staying with Conrad Centennial Singapore, it was our pleasure to welcome you. Your positive feedback on our service, food and facilities is very much appreciated and we are delighted that your felt at home with us. We look forward to having you with us again when you next travel back to Singapore.