“Weekend Stay”

Conrad Centennial Singapore
Ranked #19 of 312 Hotels in Singapore
“Weekend Stay”
Reviewed June 10, 2014

Overall very pleasant and cosy room (Classic Room). Went to visit the executive lounge and staff there were willing to bring me around to introduce some features even though I did not pay for it. The bathroom is spacious and clean.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Conrad Hotels & Resorts

2 Thank You Wei K
CC_Sing, General Manager at Conrad Centennial Singapore, responded to this review, June 16, 2014
Dear You Wei K,

Thank you for your positive feedback from your weekend with us, we are delighted that you enjoyed your stay. We hope to persuade you to stay in our Executive room to enjoy the benefits of complimentary WiFi service and access to our Executive Lounge for breakfast, all-day refreshments, afternoon tea and more. See you again soon!

Mark Meaney

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (734)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed June 10, 2014

My family and I stayed for three nights at Conrad Centennial Singapore. The Conrad room was spacious with understated yet tasteful furnishings, and all the in - room amenities were faultless. Particularly impressive was the Concierge App which enabled me to arrange for an extra umbrella to be delivered to my room while I was out and about. Its location beside Suntec Convention Centre and its adjoining shopping arcades makes it a natural choice for any convention visitor who also wants to do a quick bit of shopping in this glitzy city.
The only reason why I decided not to give it an 'Excellent' rating is the rather small pool with frigid water. It is situated on a very sunny deck close to the Equator but getting in felt like jumping into the North Sea. I wonder what is wrong, as I have never experienced that in other hotels in Singapore.
In summary, a great business hotel but avoid the pool unless you bring a wet suit!

Room Tip: Some rooms have great views of the Singapore Flyer and Gardens by the Bay.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank SimTs
Dear SimTs,

The pleasure was ours to have you and your family with us!

Thank you very much for letting us know what made your Conrad Centennial Singapore experience an enjoyable one. We have noted your feedback regarding our swimming pool and can only offer the possibility that the regular and intermittent rainy weather may have affected the pool's temperature.

We look forward to another opportunity in the future to deliver more great Conrad hospitality experiences to you and your family.

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed June 10, 2014

We stayed for four great days, hotel was central and a fantastic choice for our short city break. Would recommend the Conrad Centennial Hotel to anyone. When we visit Singapore again we'll be certain to stay again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Conrad Hotels & Resorts

Dear Neil H,

Thank you for spending your honeymoon with us, it is wonderful to know that you enjoyed your four days with us. We truly appreciate your kind recommendation and look forward to welcoming you back in the future, perhaps to celebrate your anniversary!

Reviewed June 9, 2014

Voted as one of the top 10 luxury hotels in Singapore, the Conrad Centennial Singapore is located downtown with just over 500 rooms. I opted for the King Bed Executive room (43 sqm) which came with the following executive benefits on level 31:

Champagne Breakfast - 6am to 1030am
Afternoon Tea - 230pm to 5pm
Evening Cocktails (and hors d'oeuvres) - 530pm to 8pm
In addition to those benefits, executive level guests also receive a fruit plate on arrival, two hours of meeting room usage and a late check-out at 6pm (subjected to availability). Complimentary pressing of up to five items and complimentary local calls where also provided for. When I arrived at the hotel around 12pm, there was a rather long line of people waiting so I approached the concierge who then led me to the executive lounge for a private check-in area.

Similar to the InterContinental Singapore (in terms of overall decor and hotel standing), the Conrad Centennial Singapore also show signs of age throughout the property. With that being said, the room and hotel grounds are extremely clean, showing only little signs of wear and tear.

Unique stuffed toys are provided complimentary to hotel guests at all Conrad hotels around the world - I got a toy monkey previously at Conrad Bali. A fruit platter and a box of pralines were found behind the stuffed animal with various cutlery in the drawer underneath it. The thing about Conrad Centennial Singapore is that there are so many drawers located around the room that it makes me question the necessity of it all.

There were generally two main issues I had with the room. Firstly, electric sockets were not readily available. In fact, I could not find one by the bed at all. I counted a total of three main electric sockets around the whole room. One by the coffee machine, one at the TV console and one near the work desk by the window. Secondly, although the bed provided direct views of the marina and its surrounding area, it was slightly difficult to watch the TV from the bed as you would have to be lying on your side.

Perhaps that's what the small recliner sofa is for besides allowing for some light reading or lounging for those who are particular about the bed being only a sleeping place and nothing else. The work table at the corner of the room overlooks the Pan Pacific Singapore with views of the wider marina area. Internet can be costly at hotels like Conrad but having a Hilton Gold status will automatically give you free internet access. Internet access costs S$29.96 for 24 hours and S$10.70 for an hour of usage. There is however complimentary internet in the executive lounge if you do not wish to pay for internet and still need to get some work done.

The room also came equipped with a minibar and snack counter stocked with various nibbles for both children and adults. There was basic tea making facilities and a Nespresso machine if you are too tired or unmotivated to make the trip up to the executive lounge. For those who are unmotivated, it is worth noting that the executive lounge has an all day open bar.

The bath room was spacious with a separate bath and shower area (no rain shower though). While the tub was generally wider than most hotels, I thought that it wasn't deep enough. Moreover, a tub caddy would have been perfect for those that enjoy using their mobile phones or tablets inside. If you were sharp enough to notice, there's also a rubber duck which is perfect for those with kids (or even adults too).

Bath salt is provided by the hotel but I would highly recommend you getting a proper bubble bath (especially if you're on a staycation) because you deserve that more. I requested for an evening turndown service via the Conrad Concierge iPad application before leaving my room for evening cocktails around 715pm.

The executive lounge is pretty quiet during normal hours and afternoon tea time but it was full during cocktail hour (why of course). One good thing about the hotel is that they are completely prepared for this and have therefore opened up the meeting rooms on the other end of the corridor to accommodate more executive level guests during this crucial time.

Local delights alongside the usual bread, cheese and desserts were served during the cocktail hour. As with the case of Hilton Singapore, this can serve as a light dinner for weary travelers who are simply too fatigued to leave the hotel.

Upon returning to the room after drinking at least half a bottle of Shiraz, the bed was made, towels were replaced with clean ones, toiletries were refilled and laundry bags were brought out for convenience. The default amenity provided comes from the Aromatherapy Associates but do note that you can easily request (via the application or just a simple phone call) for Shanghai Tang or Tara Smith (organic) amenities if you do not favour the ones in the room.

Something different then caught my eye as I entered the room. There was a flowering tea that was made available and I was dying to try it (although the smell did not exactly resonate well with me).

Even though the process of blossoming was pretty beautiful, I was definitely not a fan of the tea (taste-wise).

The view from the room was not as amazing as the one from the Harbour Studio in Pan Pacific Singapore which allows for an uninterrupted view of the Marina Bay Sands and the bay area. However, my room did allow for a much wider view of Singapore. It was also strangely therapeutic gazing into the city lights from afar.

I had breakfast at Oscar's the following morning (S$43++ per guest if breakfast is not included in your room rate) which served egg cocottes and frittatas apart from fresh sashimi. More interestingly, there was an ice-cream counter where you could concoct your favourite sundae recipe.

Full Review: http://www.theshutterwhale.com/blog/2014/5/21/conrad-centennial-singapore-staycation

Room Tip: The executive lounge is excellent for those who enjoys a drink or two.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
2 Thank Shutterwhale
Dear Markcwj,

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay at Conrad Centennial Singapore, we always appreciate hearing back from our guests.

My team and I are delighted that you enjoyed your "Executive" experience, from our guest room amenities to our Executive Lounge offerings, breakfast at Oscar's and our service. Whilst we are also pleased that you found our guest room comfortable, we have noted your comment regarding the powerpoints and positioning of the television. You will be glad to know that these are among the details that will be addressed in our masterplan for the hotel's future upgrading programme.

We value your loyalty as a Hilton HHonors Gold member and it would be our pleasure to have you with us again in the near future.

Reviewed June 8, 2014 via mobile

I was all in awe.. I am totally speechless.. Huge bedroom, huge king size bed, huge bathroom and little touches (e.g cute teddy bear, lil duckie and apples). As compared to Festive Hotel in RWS, I must say Conrad Singapore has the best facilities, friendly staffs and comfortable room.. I will definitely come back here again.. Thanks, Conrad!

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Yusnirah
CC_Sing, General Manager at Conrad Centennial Singapore, responded to this review, June 12, 2014
Dear Yusnirah,

It is truly heartening to receive your generous compliments of Conrad Centennial Singapore. Thank you very much for sharing your outstanding experience, which has made us your preferred staycation hotel. My team and I always look forward to delivering more great Conrad hospitality experiences to you in the future. See you again soon!

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed June 7, 2014

I regularly stay at this hotel for business.
I can always rely on the professionalism of the staff, well presented spacious rooms and good food. The hotel provides very good service when using the function rooms as they responsive to their clients's needs.

It is well located for both business and shopping!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
CC_Sing, General Manager at Conrad Centennial Singapore, responded to this review, June 8, 2014
Dear Karen G,

Thank you very much for letting us know what makes Conrad Centennial Singapore your preferred hotel in Singapore. I am pleased that my team's attentive and professional service continues to highlight your experience with us and your continued patronage is of great value to us. As always, we look forward to seeing you again and remain at your service.

Uluwatu, Bali, Indonesia
Reviewed June 7, 2014

I stayed at Conrad for a few nights back in 2002. The room were spacious and the view were the harbor i got. Was nice indeed. The bath room was also spacious and the toileteries were smells goood. Friendly staffs from the front office up to room service, house keepers and any staffs i passed by. Walking distance to the Raffles hotel with the malls and some nice restaurants. Shuttle bus to Orchard Road and around. I asked for a special treatment at the hotel to ironing my dress for the party I had to attend to that night, and they were working very good in handling it. well- recommended for both business and pleasure stays.

Room Tip: the one that heading to the harbor is nice.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Laura L
Dear Laura L,

It is a pleasure to know that your previous stay with us remains fresh in your memory! It is wonderful to know that you enjoyed your stay and we appreciate your kind recommendation.

You may wish to know that we are only a three-minutes walk from the underground Promenade Mass Rapid Transit (MRT) station, which enables our guests to go to virtually any part of Singapore, including Orchard Road. We hope to have you with us again, should you return to Singapore in the future.