“Stay here, it's a good place”

Conrad Centennial Singapore
Ranked #20 of 312 Hotels in Singapore
Taiwan
“Stay here, it's a good place”
Reviewed May 24, 2013 via mobile

Sixth stay in the last eight months. I like the location -- one stop on the metro from my office here. There are a few interesting restaurants within crawling range of the door. The beds are excellent, the airconditioning frigid (which I like), the internet is fast.
But (and this is what keeps me from rating the place as excellent), if you don't get complimentary internet, the rates are exhorbitant! I argue this point with them every visit and for the last two have been very gratified that they've gone ahead and given me a free connection.
The pool is good but there is no sauna or jacuzzi -- which I always find therapeutic.
The staff is uniformly polite and, more genuinely, friendly. The housekeeping staff is responsive. I like the breakfast buffet, it's expensive but offers great variety.
Although for me the location works, Millenium Walk and Suntec City are pretty dull and very quiet. The thrum of Orchard Road is a good distance away; I do enjoy walking straight out and being able, for instance, to wander down the street to Kinokuniya Book Store when I am staying on Orchard (that that place is a treat, expensive but expansive, a truly good English book store). The food courts in the vacinity are not as interesting as some of the others in town.
Stay here, it's a good place. The metro is just a few yards from the door and you can get anywhere in town very quickly. Taxis are fine as well and the hotel always has a plentiful supply of them. Very quick to the airport.

Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
CC_Sing, General Manager at Conrad Centennial Singapore, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
Dear anabasis100,

Thank you for your kind recommendation of Conrad Centennial Singapore, my team and I are glad that you have felt well-looked after during your stays with us.

It is good to know that our guest room, internet service and location have suited your requirements well in the last eight months Your feedback gives us good insights on what is important to our guests and the team do their utmost to always deliver the exemplary Conrad hospitality and stay experience to our guests.

The pleasure is ours to be of service to you and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Heinrich Grafe

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (727)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
singapore
Reviewed May 24, 2013

My husband and I love to book one night stay in hotel to relax on our wedding anniversary. This year we choose Conrad. I am now lying on the bed and decided to login to write a short review.

We stay in a high floor bayfront view. I really love the high bedding..... the bedsheets is so soft and smooth, and the bed is so comfortable. My hubby is now already sleeping and enjoying the comfy bed that's why I'm free to write review now. But I find the pillow abit too soft for me.

I love the location, just walk across is the millennium walk with lots of choices for food and shopping. We drove here but the MRT station is just walking distance so we took MRT to Plaza Singapura to watch night movies, which took only 10min to reach.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear tyttyx,

Thank you for choosing to spend your wedding anniversary with us, we are glad that you were comfortable during your brief stay with us. We appreciate your positive feedback on our location, the lovely view and bed. You will be happy to know that we do have an extensive pillow menu so that you can select what would best suit your comfort level. We look forward to having you with us for future staycations!

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed May 22, 2013

Stayed at Conrad Centennial Hotel for 4 times between 2012 to 2013... All I've to say is I love everything about this hotel, from the room to bathroom.. and the service standard as well as the breakfast. I've say that the service standard at Oscar had improved so much.. my first visit was in July 2012, i wrote a feedback letter to speak about the breakfast service.. However, on my 2nd visit onwards in January 2013, the service has improved alot.. Bruce from Front Office was always very helpful.. Was attended by him during my check-in for two times and he is always very very helpful..

Room Tip: the rooms are okay for both side, just depending on the view you are getting!!!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear thbellevue,

Your regular patronage is important to us and it is always a pleasure to be of service to you!

I am delighted that the service delivered by my team has contributed towards your positive experiences in your recent stays with us. Your constructive feedback has indeed helped us to focus on the areas of improvement and the fact that you noticed an overall improvement, especially at Oscar's gives my team a sense of achievement. We have also passed on your compliments to Bruce and he as well as the rest of the team constantly strive to deliver the best personalised service every guest deserves.

Thank you for your warm review. As always, we look forward to welcoming you back and continue to be at your service.

Virginia Beach, Virginia
Reviewed May 22, 2013

I have to admit to being a bit out of it when I checked in - I had been in the air 20 hours (New York to Singapore with a stop in Frankfurt, Germany - see my review of Singapore Airlines) then went right into an all day meeting. To say I was tired when I checked in is an understatement, even though I was able to sleep on the plane.

The staff was friendly and helpful. I'm used to traveling on business and was impressed with the staff - everyone was genuine, friendly and helpful. They noticed I was dead on my feet, expedited the check-in process and pointed out the 24 hour in-room dining option. After being able to sleep through the night in a very comfortable bed, I found myself enjoying their full breakfast after a brief conversation with another friendly staff member ...who even remembered my name from the night before.

Most of the time my attitude toward hotels is that a room is a room is a room. (I mean what do you really expect in a hotel room?) The Singapore Conrad was a pleasant exception. The room was spacious with a great view of Singapore that unfortunately I was not aware enough to appreciate fully.

I'm hoping to head back to Singapore in the next year or so and I plan on staying at the Conrad. Hopefully, I'll be able to work out a way to stay a few extra days to see more of Singapore.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dear Chris Y,

Your positive review and compliments to my team give them the encouragement to continue delivering the best personalised service and care to our guests. Thank you very much for sharing your recent experience at Conrad Centennial Singapore with the Tripadvisor community.

After your tiring journey, we are glad that you were able to rest comfortably in our guest room and enjoy our extensive breakfast buffet spread. We certainly hope that you will stay with us a bit longer the next time you visit Singapore. It will be our pleasure to once again be of service to you.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 22, 2013

Very impressed with the service. Staff were very helpful & friendly. Good breakfast selection. Room was pleasant. Location was ideal to get around the city center either by foot or MRT which was just round the corner. There is also several good shopping malls nearby. Would certainly stay here again when I next visit Singapore

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Dear SWCUk,

Thank you for staying with us and for making us your hotel of choice in Singapore. I am delighted to learn that my team's friendly and professional service made a wonderful impression on you. It is also good to know that you were happy with our breakfast buffet spread and location. We certainly look forward to having you with us again on your next visit to Singapore.

Bogor
Reviewed May 21, 2013

Location opposite Suntec and Marina Sq. Very convinient for business. Good Breakfast, Full Breakfast not continental. Since my room in Business Floor, we can have breakfast in Pool Restaurant, which more quiet than in coffee shop. Room around 45m2. Food Court is opposite. Marina Square, Just 3 minute walks. City Hall and Esplanade just 15 minutes walks use city links. 8 minutes walks to MRT station. I prefer stay in this area than orchard even when I travel with my family.

Room Tip: If you will have a Power Breakfast Meeting, Better stay in Business Floor Room. So you can have brea...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Dear AryA495,

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay at Conrad Centennial Singapore, we are pleased that the hotel's convenient location, facilities and Executive room were well suited to your business requirements.

We look forward to seeing you again and continuing to extend our Conrad hospitality experience to you and your family in the near future.

Launceston, Australia
Reviewed May 21, 2013

We stayed in early May in an exec premier room with club privileges. From the moment we arrived, ALL staff were very friendly and genuinely helpful. Escorted by someone from reception directly to the Club Lounge (31st floor) to check in. It was at this time that we met the lovely Genevive and Helmi (snr duty manager). Very efficient. We were lucky enough to have Helmi look after us for 4 of our 5 night stay. Greeted us by name on each occasion. Pay extra to get club privileges. It was worth every penny. Cocktail hour/s alcohol and food was superb. Breakfast in club room had good variety and excellent quality. Free wi-fi here. Friends back home jealous when they saw photos of the food. Our room was ideal for what we required - spacious (2 rooms), smoking and a reprieve from sightseeing. Great location (10 min walk to Gardens by the Bay). There were so many hotels to choose from in Singapore but absolutely choose the right one. I think it is the staff and service that can make your stay really good or fantastic. Ours - fantastic. 50 metres to a shopping centre. Taxis readily available and cheap. Alcohol is expensive in Singapore but food same sort of price as Australia $30 - $38 main meal but quality was second to none. Go Conrad!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Jsevo,

Thank you for your generous review of Conrad Centennial Singapore on TripAdvisor. My team and I are truly delighted to learn that your stay was a comfortable and memorable one.

I am happy to learn that the highlights of your wonderful experience with us included our Executive Premier Room, the food quality and the outstanding service delivered by my team, especially Genevive and Helmi.

Thank you for your compliments and we hope to welcome you back, should you return to Singapore in the future.